quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Changes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > life beyond the smokescreen
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 1, 2005 8:37 PM    Post subject: Changes Reply with quote

Well, changes are happening.

Here it is the 12th day of quit, and I started a diet. I want to be slim and sleek again. Also, today, I went to the mall. While in the mall, I checked out the fall fashions. I do now have a "I want list". Very Happy Shocked Looking at a new warerobe for fall! Shocked And next week, I've decided to have my hair done...the works, not just a cut!

Now, I'm a practical person. This just isn't usually like me. I like to look nice, yes, but I'm also frugal. (Raising 4 kids, you become practical!!) So, shopping sprees just aren't something that I do normally. Nor is extra special pampering.

Since quitting, I'm beginning to notice alot of things. I'm not satisfied with the status quo any longer. There are areas I would like to improve and I plan on doing just that! I feel good inside and I want to reflect it on the outside too. So, the works...a new me!

Not only is the attitude about the physical, but about life in general. It's just amazing how quitting has opened up my eyes to see other possiblities in several areas.

It's unbelievable the different in perspection after quitting. The smokescreen is lifting, and I like what I see ahead!!! Very Happy

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
iwantosing

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 1, 2005 8:54 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy loved your post Deb, I can't indulge myself right now for financial reasons but some time next year, once the business is sailing along i will. But meanwhile I can walk for free and started taking my son on different hiking trips. I know what you mean about feeling different and some how wanting that to come across on the outside. Very Happy Peg

My name is Peg, I decided I wanted to sing to the Lord, run with my son, laugh and learn to whistle, the cigs had to go!! Quit Date 3/28/05
ms_tapestry

Quit Date:
October 21, 2009

PostPosted: August 1, 2005 11:02 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too began to see myself in a new light when I Quit. I began exercising regularly and started eating foods that were healthy. Not necessarily dieting, just eating right. Shopping is a new and very enjoyable past time and one of the first things I treated myself to was a pedicure and manicure. I enjoy it so much it is sheer bliss. I love the little tiny flowers they paint on my toenails. Toe art! So our course you have to have great shoes to show off the toe art. Laughing Enjoy each stage of your recovery, Ms. Deb and celebrate the new, healthy you. It is one of the greatest rewards of Quitting. Cool

Tonya

You must do the very thing you think you cannot do.
~ Eleanor Roosevelt
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 1, 2005 11:10 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: August 2, 2005 12:01 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, you are headed for recovery alright...got all the signs.
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 2, 2005 8:50 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peg....that's what it really is all about!!!...enjoying life and living it! Wink Very Happy

Toe Art...sounds pretty cool Ms Tonya! I do believe we all need to feel pretty and enjoy being pampered! That's the conclusion I've come to! Very Happy

You know, maybe all this changing since the quit is nothing more than we are and have developed a deeper respect for ourselves....Just maybe that's why we set out for improvement.......it's a reflection of that self-respect! Wink

Kay and Kevin.... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Hugs

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: August 2, 2005 9:24 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the sound of your growing self esteem. Feels great to be a free woman, doesn't it? Bet your 4 little ones like being around Mom much more these days, too.

Shop til you drop!! Very Happy

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Melody

Quit Date:
August 19, 2004

PostPosted: August 2, 2005 9:35 AM    Post subject: Deb Reply with quote

You might be just 12 days into this stretch of your QUIT but I'd say you have likely put in more soul searching than just about anyone here. You can do it just believe in yourself. I believe in you. Very Happy

I'm a NON-SMOKER thanks to everyone here
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 2, 2005 11:22 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jo...it does feel good. Who would have thought, doing one little thing like quitting would open up so much of life. The kids do like it....even though they're teenagers now...it speaks volumes to them. Wink

And Melody....I'm trying. Wink Very Happy I guess, I do take it pretty serious, huh!? Embarassed I guess I would have to in order to stay at least committed for a year to getting quit and finally staying that way. Wink And yeah, there's been alot of looking inside....at times, it's not been pretty. Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing Thanks for believing!!! Cool Very Happy

Hugs

Living in Freedom
Deb

iwantosing

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 2, 2005 1:22 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy I like the idea of what you said Deb, at least what I think you were saying. That the changes are the people we really are and could not be behind the smokescreen. Its been bothering me that if I become a new person does that imply somehow that the person I have been for the past 50 years was a fake of sorts? or is this new person the fake? anyway I have been thinking about that. I am alot quieter now than I have ever been.....my brain does not seem so noisey. I thought it might be due to the lessening of nervousness and anxiety caused by nicotine and poisons. But I don't call my fellow smokers as much as I did and I feel bad cause does that mean I really did not want to talk to them before? I was just calling them so I could smoke Sad I really enjoy not smoking. My life is so much easier, not that i don't have craves or urges or what ever you want to call them but i would not trade this peace for a cig, no way. the craves are not that big of a deal. My life generally is more sressful than that crave is. So I am certain I can handle them. Nice talking to you!!! Very Happy Peg

My name is Peg, I decided I wanted to sing to the Lord, run with my son, laugh and learn to whistle, the cigs had to go!! Quit Date 3/28/05
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 2, 2005 2:03 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peg...I think your right. While we smoked, we couldn't be the person we are becoming now. It's not that we were fake then or now....just different. It's kind of like being blind. While blind, a person would live a certain way because the person doesn't know any other way. But, if that same person received their sight, then it would open up a whole new way of life for them. I believe that's what we go through...something similiar. And as far as smoking friends and not keeping in touch as much...well, there again, is it really the smoking? Or is it that, once we quit and begin to grow personally, that we just "outgrow" them? Kinda like friends of old...usually we drift away because their taste changes or our tastes change. They may stay in a stale (no pun intended Shocked ) state, but we are moving on and growing within. We view life in different light now...whereas they may remain in the darkness we, ourselves, left behind. It's not necessarilly that you didn't want to really talk to them before...back then you apparently had things in common. It's just that now there aren't as many things in common any more. I think we begin to see stuff clearier. I know, for example, my mom. She smokes, and is a nervous type person. Use to, I could tolerate it. She also can be negative. I use to be able to tolerate this when I smoked. Now, well, it's a little different. I'm not as patience with the negative talk and the nervous behaviour, because I know inside that it doesn't have to be that way. So, it bothers me. I hate to say it, but there are times, I won't talk to her on the phone because, at that moment, I know I'm not able to deal with the negative talk. I really have to be careful, because I do not want to hurt her feelings. But, at the same time, I have to protect my frame and state of mind. Make any sense?

We are growing and with that comes changes in lots of different ways.
And yes, it has very nice talking with you too. Very Happy

Hugs

Living in Freedom
Deb

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > life beyond the smokescreen All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: