quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

All I Wanted to Do Was to Wash A Few Dishes....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 2, 2005 11:03 AM    Post subject: All I Wanted to Do Was to Wash A Few Dishes.... Reply with quote

.....NOT clean the whole freakin' kitchen!!! Mad

This morning was off to a real good start. I had showered, pampered, lotioned, and feeling good. Started the laundry, started another pot of coffee, and looking forward to tackling the paperwork early today. No housework to really speak of today. Just wanted to concentrate on the office area! The only thing I had to do before working on today's project was just a few dishes.

Then it happened! The kitchen sink was clogged. Not a little clog, it wouldn't drain at all! Ok, no big deal....what do ya know, no drain cleaner. Ok, no problem....plunger time. It's a double sink, so plunging is an art here. Started plunging the clog, back and forth, water up and water down in the other sink. Stopped, no results. HMMMMM...ok, plunge some more, this time a little harder...water up and water down, but no draining. Ok, plunge even harder....SPLASH Exclamation ...nasty water all over the kitchen...the window, the counters, the floor....UGHHHHHH!!!!! Good news...drain cleared. Rolling Eyes Now, the clean up.....scrub the sink, the counters, wash window, and mop floor. THEN....do those dishes! Rolling Eyes

Now I smell of comet and bleach, the homemakers perfume! Rolling Eyes ERRRRGGGHG! And delayed in my plans for the day. Rolling Eyes

Good news is this...before, I would have had a smoke before, a smoke during, and a smoke afterwards...due to "Oh my God" nerves! Today...no smoke and no urge...just nasty water! Laughing Laughing Laughing Yes, life can be handled without lighting up. Wink

ps....did I mention that today is day 13 of the quit! Shocked Rolling Eyes
Hugs

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: August 2, 2005 4:52 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

How funny Laughing -- funny, that is, because it didn't happen to me. Deb, I'm so proud of you to have gone through this mess on day 13 and not even one little puff. How's that for strength?

The same thing happened to us a few weeks ago -- stopped up sink Crying or Very sad . Ours is triple well which makes things even more complicated. We finally had to call a plumber ($125.00) Shocked who went up on the roof and cleared the drain below the basement. Made no sense to me but it worked Confused .

Have a great rest of the day.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
iwantosing

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 2, 2005 5:09 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing sorry Deb but I could soooooooooooo relate to that level of frustration, and you made it sound so funny. Laughing Laughing I am glad you made it without a smoke!!! peg

My name is Peg, I decided I wanted to sing to the Lord, run with my son, laugh and learn to whistle, the cigs had to go!! Quit Date 3/28/05
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 2, 2005 6:19 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

i feel your pain... Wink

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Frankiet

Quit Date:
June 14, 2005

PostPosted: August 2, 2005 10:24 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Deb, at least you didn't have to put up with plumbers crack!

"Once in awhile you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right"
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 2, 2005 11:02 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing Oh my my...WHAT a picture! Laughing Laughing Laughing
Yeah, at least spared the "crack" (especially a red one! Shocked ) and the $125 bill (uh, Jo! Wink ) charged for such a sight.

Just reading your responses had me laughing....thanks everyone!!!

Been a day, but ending with laughter....this is good!!! Cool

Hugs and Smiles

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: August 2, 2005 11:05 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Hi Deb,

I laughed too and I will laugh at myself on such days later on. Although at the time it does seem like hair pulling moments. Glad to hear you didn't want to smoke.

Blessings,

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: August 2, 2005 11:26 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bombs away Deb....I am proud of you for cleaning and not smoking.
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
Tammy

Quit Date:
February 16, 2004

PostPosted: August 2, 2005 11:41 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy 13 days free! Passed a test, did ya? So reward time. Do something nice for you. Something real nice. Very Happy

Tammy
Free and loving it!
Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 3, 2005 12:14 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy getting through day 13 without a smoke, Deb! See, you can do it, you are doing it! Keep it up!

FIVE + years of freedom and loving it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: