quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

S B Diet
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: May 23, 2005 9:58 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tonya, thanks I am already making those substitutions...but so far have left off all potatos...only a little rice and few slices of whole grain bread....my belly is going down and I have more get up and go...guess I can move about without the bulge better Laughing Laughing making the choices of phase 2 is why I did not do the phase 1 for the 2 week period....If I can learn to control it this way, then I can always do the crash if needed. Am I screwing up here...is this another either you are pregnant or you aren't thing???

Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
ms_tapestry

Quit Date:
October 21, 2009

PostPosted: May 23, 2005 10:38 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Phase I is meant to give you a jump start and also help eliminate the cravings for bad carbs, ie sugar and all that white stuff. If you are happy with your results without doing Phase I, so be it. As I've said, its not a diet, it's a lifestyle change. Here are a couple of my favorite recipes:

Green Stuff

1 pkg of lime sugar free jello
8oz pkg Neufchatel cheese (has less fat than cream cheese)
8oz pkg Cool Whip Free (fat free)

Mix lime jello with 1 cup boiling water until dissolved. With mixer or blender, add soften Neufchatel cheese. Add Cool Whip. Pour into bowl and chill until set. Makes about 6 servings. Can also be made with lemon or orange jello. Chris says the citrus flavors work better than strawberry or something like that, but I have used the fat free sugar free chocolate pudding mix very successfully.

Honey Dijon Mustard Dressing

½ cup canola oil
¼ cup Dijon mustard
½ cup reduced fat mayonnaise
½ cup mayonnaise (can use all ff)
¾ tsp white wine vinegar
dash of garlic powder
dash of onion powder
2 tablespoons splenda

Blend all together. Serving size 2 tablespoons.

The dressing can be used phase I, II and III, the dessert is phase II and III.

Cool

Tonya

You must do the very thing you think you cannot do.
~ Eleanor Roosevelt
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: May 24, 2005 10:21 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much for the recipes they sound great.... I started to do the jump start but noticed that my weight was shifting again and the latest clothes I had bought we getting loose fitting, my waist, butt and thighs looked smaller...I was not having cravings so I just tried to eat right....if I cannot continue to lose or maintain where I am then I must get with the Phase 1....hopefully with some exercise I can lose and tone by choosing the right carbs (if I can remember what I read by the end of the book ) Laughing Laughing
Kay

Athlete2Be

Quit Date:
August 8, 2005

PostPosted: August 7, 2005 3:08 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count me in!
Hubby and I went on the SB diet last month. Tomoorow 8/8, we will be on it exactly a month. So far I dropped 11 lbs and hubby has dropped 28. It's a logical plan by eating lean meat and fish, vegetables, fruit, dairy and NOT counting calories.
Our quit date is tommorrow so hopefully, we'll do okay not smoking and still following the plan.
GL!

Shannon
Athlete2Be
Freedom date: August 8, 2005
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: August 7, 2005 3:20 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will do fine with the diet especially since it was begun before the absence of the cigs....drink alot of water, cranberry juice.....stay busy but also do not think you will die if you just stop and rest. Wink
Kay

Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: August 8, 2005 11:30 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Now the SB diet is starting to spark my interest.

Blessings,

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: