quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Having a pity party

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bjj

Quit Date:
April 7, 2004

PostPosted: May 12, 2004 3:06 AM    Post subject: Having a pity party Reply with quote

Hi All,
I work evenings and get home around midnight, so this is the end of 5/11 for me. I am having a pity party. My kitchen sink is stopped up...AWWW,
My cat has allergies, I hope nothing worse...GEESH, My dog just destroyed a new blouse...ARRGH, My blood sugar is sky high...OMG, I have gained 8 pounds....GASP, My mouth is sore from hard (sugarless) candy...GEE WHIZZ, My jaws hurt from chewing gum...POOR BABY, and I WANT A CIGARETTE...OH NO.
OK, party over. I have a vet appointment for Fri., the plumber is coming in the morning, the dog really is doing better, and is much less destuctive than when I adopted him, I go to the DR. next week to adjust diabetic meds, at least I have switched to sugarless candy, and am starting a walking program. I do not cough until I throw up in the mornings any more, and I cough much less during the day. I have not needed to use an inhaler in over three weeks. Some of my family and friends have said they have noticed that even my color has improved. Now that is worth a party!
Thanks for reading this very long mesage.

Bonnie

"Always think of what you have to do as easy and it will become so".
Emile Coue
Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 12, 2004 7:34 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the really, really good news is that you got through all of those things without smoking! Things that normally would hve you running to the pack to inhale a few!

It amazes me the things that still come up that used to be triggers...that I can get through easily without smoking! We are stronger than we think.

FIVE + years of freedom and loving it!
Tammy

Quit Date:
February 16, 2004

PostPosted: May 12, 2004 9:36 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonnie, Go ahead and vent all that you want. It is better than smoking, right? You are doing great to get through all of that and not smoke. Very Happy

Tammy
Free and loving it!
Kissimee

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 12, 2004 10:01 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

You turned a negative to a positive in one post! Good for you!

I find it easier to deal with stuff when I can type it out.

I can NOT control the addiction because if I could, it would NOT be an addiction...BUT I can control ME, the addict.
~Tracy

kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 12, 2004 2:43 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: