quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

My Divorce

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Imagen27

Quit Date:
July 12, 2005

PostPosted: August 11, 2005 2:01 PM    Post subject: My Divorce Reply with quote

I just registered my husband and I for the parenting seminar we have to take before the entry of the final papers. Washington made it mandatory for everyone in '97 apparently. I've been a parent for 11 years, and they want to make me take a class about being a parent before I can get divorced?? Cooky if you ask me...

Anyway, the reality is starting to sink in... Our divorce is almost final... The end of "us". Separating is one thing... Finalizing the end of your lives together is another...

Where do I go from there? 3 kids.. No Husband...

I know one place I WONT be going....

To the smoke shop....You can take that to the bank...

For those that do, Pray for me... Pray for strength to make it through this, aside from the cigarettes I mean.. Pray for strength that I will be strong enough to help my girls through this...

For those that dont pray...Think of me on Monday, as I take the final step at ending my marriage.. Crying or Very sad

~Im

Imagen-29 (The ever so "flexible willow")
3 wonderful girls, 12, 10 and 3
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 11, 2005 2:41 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

you're going to be fine, im, and so will the girls. ideally, we'd have everything in our lives turn out just the way we wanted it to, but we live in the real world, where things don't always go the way we thought they would. i firmly believe that things always happen for the best, whether we understand it at the time or not: there's a reason all this is happening in your life right now, and some day, you'll look back and see why it was the best thing that could've happened for you, even though it may feel like the worst thing right now. until then, hang in there, and never doubt that you can do anything you choose to do.

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: August 11, 2005 4:52 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, im, I'll pray for you and your girls but I do agree with Kevin. You're going to be fine. The mere fact that you're concerned about your children says a lot.

Our daughter went through a divorce when our granddaughters were 10 and 6. God was with her as He is with you. She's re-married to a wonderful man who is a much better Dad to her girls than their biological father ever could have been.

We don't always know just what He has in mind for us but we do know that He's always with us. Yes, im, I'll pray for you and your girls.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
ms_tapestry

Quit Date:
October 21, 2009

PostPosted: August 11, 2005 5:35 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

My thoughts and prayers are with you as you begin a new life of freedom.

Tonya

You must do the very thing you think you cannot do.
~ Eleanor Roosevelt
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: August 11, 2005 6:47 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Im,

You and your girls will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Blessings,

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
swaneem

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 11, 2005 6:52 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holding you in my thoughts.

Donna
Leona

Quit Date:
June 1, 2017

PostPosted: August 11, 2005 8:22 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im,

It won't be an easy job to raise kids without your husband around but it is dooable. I have been where you are now and my son just got married and when Igot divorced he was 10 and my daughter was 3 He is now 23 with a wife and job and she is 16 and as obnoxious as you can get but she is becoming a young woman.

It is going to be one of the hardest things you have to do next to your divorce but so rewarding because you get to do it YOURSELF. Take pride in your accomplishements. The first accomplishment I did was putting up a paper towel rack and seeing as Ihad never been alowed to do this before it was a matter of HEY I DID IT you should of heard me crow.

Yes you can do this. And yes you and your girls will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Quiting smoking is like a fine wine ......
It just gets better with age.
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: August 11, 2005 9:25 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im - You and the girls will be in my prayers. If the class is focuses on "divorced" parenting skills maybe its worthwhile...
Being a single mom is probably the hardest job in the world - but I know you are up to the challenges. If you realized your marriage was so bad that you had to do something about it...you'll find the wisdom, strength and courage to make single life happy for you and for the girls. A divorced but happy parent is better than a unhappy but still married parent.

Way to stick with your quit! You are doing great!

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 11, 2005 10:56 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ima,

You'll be in my prayers!!!

Just know that He is with you and will never leave you!! Just pray for wisdom and He'll provide it. Very Happy

Be strong girl!!! The future may be cloudy right now, but remember with the clouds come a rainbow and a silver lining! Wink

Huge, Huge, Teddy Bear Hug ((((((((IMA)))))))

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
mtwilsonranch

Quit Date:
January 20, 2006

PostPosted: August 11, 2005 11:31 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Img,

I also stood where you are, 30 years ago, 3 children No husband. I found that as I gently closed one door, another door was opened. We know not what the future holds, so we live each day as it comes, with challenges, promises, and strength.

Trust in you...........

My thoughts and prayers will be with you Monday..

Pam

Right Now, this minute, this hour, this day, I choose not to feed my addiction....
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: August 12, 2005 2:06 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will have a different life...one that is busy and challenging but you will do fine....you have already shown your girls how strong you are in one making it without Daddy and two not smoking...go ahead follow the rest of your dreams.
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
Gentle Breeze

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 13, 2005 11:11 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im,

You are smart and will do fine.

I only have a little baby girl and not three daughters like you.

I have no husband, no mother and know no father.

No Matter!

What really counts is you (and me)!

That means you (and me must be strong).

Gentle Breeze

Many years and some days healing and happy - by choice
Fightn4life

Quit Date:
October 23, 2003

PostPosted: August 15, 2005 4:56 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

My prayers are with you. The Lord will help you find your way. I was a divorced mother of three for ten years after my 15-year marriage.

Not always easy but we as single parents can do this and hubby is proof as well, he raised his five children when their mom abandoned them.

We met after years of both of us struggling alone…then our families merged and still we struggled. I believe we are stronger in spite of all we endured. As will you be.

You are in my heart and prayers.

Always remember there are angels in many forms among us.

Sandyz
free for 662 days!

"Keep your heart open to dreams. For as long as there's a dream, there is hope, and as long as there is hope, there is joy in living."

~Anonymous
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: