quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

My Life Sucks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: September 1, 2005 10:40 PM    Post subject: My Life Sucks Reply with quote

Hi all,

I just had to get that out. I am sick of staying home day in and day out with just my husband to say a couple of words to me each day before he watches T.V. I got so desperate today I went to the neighborhood bar to try to get someone to talk to me but they all seemed in their own little world smoking and drinking. Then I went to the restuarant where my husband and I go to all the time. Still no one to talk to there. One of my good friends passed away a few weeks ago. About a year ago a different friend passed away, and then the end of last year, a close cousin passed away. This year my mom passed away. I am just sick and tired of this rotten life of mine. My husband has always been so selfish and self centered that all he cares about is himself or his family.(for some reason he doesn't treat me like I'm his family, long story)

Blessings,

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
ms_tapestry

Quit Date:
October 21, 2009

PostPosted: September 1, 2005 11:20 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand and I know it helps to get that out. I hope things get better for you soon, but understand that the only one with the power to change your life is you. It usually can't be done in one fell swoop but in little baby steps. Cool

Tonya

You must do the very thing you think you cannot do.
~ Eleanor Roosevelt
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: September 2, 2005 12:23 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Thank you Tonya,

I am trying to make those baby steps. I also went to the library today to get my ride coupons so I can go to computer class on Wednesday nights since my husband told me weeks ago he would no longer take me. Btw, the class is only 8 blocks away but I have night blindness and cannot see to drive back home from there. The blocks are long ones and it's really too far for me to walk.

Blessings,

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
essie662

Quit Date:
April 14, 2004

PostPosted: September 2, 2005 9:17 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

(((((((HUG)))))))

Essie
4/14/04
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: September 2, 2005 12:40 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barbara, read Tom's post in "Inspirations." Sounds like you're feeling as he was.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: September 2, 2005 11:22 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Thank you Essie for the Hug.

Jo, I did read Tom's post and and he has a point.

Blessings,

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Deb

Quit Date:
February 5, 2010

PostPosted: September 3, 2005 12:42 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Barbara,

My goodness girl you certainly had a tough year. Keep your chin up things (although you don't think so now) will get better for you.

I can relate to a little of what you are feeling. I am 45 years old and cannot work because of several back surgeries. I've been on disability for about 3 years now and the only time I really go out anymore is to dinner once in a while or grocery shopping. You (me too) have to find something that makes you happy and keep you busy. I know it's difficult but, it's a must to keep your sanity.

Quitting smoking I felt was the only thing I felt I had left. We both know that's a lie and only killing us off slowly. If your ever bored or need someone to chat with please feel free to pm me and maybe we can figure out something together Smile

My prayers are with you.

Deb
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: September 3, 2005 9:58 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Barbara,

Well, if you got my email you know I've been feeling the same way. I guess like Tonya ways, we just keep those baby steps going!

Hugs,

Margaret

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: September 7, 2005 7:14 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

computer classes are good.
Hows about doing some other course?....or charity voluntary work? You'd be busier and have a sense of doing something very worthwhile.
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: September 7, 2005 11:25 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Thank you all,

I would like to volunteer somewhere but when I think I'm ready my back and legs act up. I think from sitting in computer class tonight for 1 1/2 hours without getting up has made my back and legs hurt again.

For now, I plan to concentrate on my Uncle who had brain surgery last month and needs assistance at his home so he won't have to go to a nursing home. I may make some macaroni salad tonight and take some to him tomorrow.

Blessings,

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Simone

Quit Date:
April 28, 2005

PostPosted: September 9, 2005 5:19 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Barbara ,

I really hope things look up for you asap .

Thinking of you *hugs*

Simone
xx
NotKool2smoke

Quit Date:
September 9, 2005

PostPosted: September 9, 2005 4:13 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Barbara-

I am in my 1st day-was serial quitting and made it 3 and caved into the addiction. I am starting again. Part of helping myself is to read all the posts. For a long time, I justified NOT quitting because life sucked. It doesn't really, its all about perspective. Part of what has driven me to quit was breaking it off with a guy who turned out to be a drug addict (cocaine.) I thought I can't very well be judgmental about that when I have my own addictions. It made me look at my own. But I read a number of your posts, and while I am sorry that you are struggling with things (I know from lousy husbands, too)-it is encouraging to me that you are going thru it all SMOKE FREE. I hope things look up for you and everyone on these boards are in my prayers but for what its worth, I look at people who dont smoke and go thru crap in awe right now, and it helps me when you share reality but that you don't smoke thru it. I hope the same will be true for me. Thanks for sharing! Lisa
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: September 11, 2005 12:24 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Thanks again all,

Lisa, I was a serial quitter until this quit. I know my life really don't suck compared to what others have gone through even though I may think it does. I really want to make a difference in someone's life who has it less fortunete than me while at the same time taking care of my needs for normal conversation. I want to get involved. I am glad you are getting confidence in yourself from reading posts. It really does help.

Blessings,

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: