quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A Prisoner in my Own home

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: September 16, 2005 10:58 PM    Post subject: A Prisoner in my Own home Reply with quote

Mad Hi all,

My husband has been on vacation all week and I have been going stir crazy at home all day while he watches movies on cable with no commercials so I cannot talk to him. I am in debt up to my eyeballs and trying to learn a skill where I can get a job but it will just take time. I have not bought myself anything since the end of last month. I did however put a down paymenet down on a computer class yesterday that will start next month. It is a beginners computer class but think I will still learn something. Also, I want to show my Rehab. counselor that I will put a lot of effort into education if they decide they will pay for any further training. It is such a long drawn out story but sometimes I just get so impatient and so depressed without anyone to talk to all day. Even with my husband home most of the day. I have learned my lesson to not push him but so much, he has been known to physically abuse woman and has threaten physical violence towards me several times. He also uses other tactics which I won't go into.

Well, I do not want to get into anything more personal than that which may already be too much said. It is just much easier to lay in the bed and forget everything for the time being when there is nothing else to do.

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: September 16, 2005 11:25 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barbara,

Have you thought about taking driving lessons? I know you are afraid to take the car very far since your accident, but even though you can drive, having an instructor with you, and going through the program again just might restore all your confidence, and then you could go where you wanted when you wanted! Just a thought. Hang in there. Smile

Margaret
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: September 17, 2005 12:31 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Hi Margaret,

I have thought about driving lessons but cannot afford it all. My rehab counselor did mention something about cognitive therapy for my fear.

Blessings,

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: September 17, 2005 1:55 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barb, don't push h is buttons until my hand heals Embarassed Embarassed seriously, please be careful as he does not sound too stable...keep striving to better yourself and before you know it you will have more choices.
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: September 17, 2005 3:48 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Hi Barbara. Wish things were going better for you. Here's a thought. I work in direct marketing, and with companies that do inbound telemarketing. This is where people call 800#'s to order goods or services, and the "operator" takes their order over the phone. The new big trend in this business is to hire people "at home". They give you the computer and the training, and you become additional personnel for them when they have a busy period with lots of calls coming in. somethimes this can involve outbound calls, which are those annoying sales calls we all get at home, but lots are just inbound. You become the order taker for a company,, and just input the customer information on the computer.

You might want to check it out to see what's available in your area.

Keep that quit rocking!

FIVE + years of freedom and loving it!
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: September 17, 2005 7:18 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Thank you all,

Pamela, that sounds great. I will check on that.

Blessings,

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: