quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Mel Gibson fan?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > just for fun
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Favorite Mel Gibson Movie?
Braveheart
33%
 33%  [ 5 ]
Road Warrior
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Lethal Weapon (pick a number)
20%
 20%  [ 3 ]
Conspiracy Theory
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Ransom (GIVE ME BACK MY SON!)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Mad Max
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Bird On a Wire
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
What Women Want
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
We were Soldiers
13%
 13%  [ 2 ]
Other
13%
 13%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 15

Paul

Quit Date:
February 6, 2004

PostPosted: April 22, 2004 4:02 PM    Post subject: Mel Gibson fan? Reply with quote

What is your Favorite Mel Gibson Movie?

Ri paul
76 days
alison

Quit Date:
June 3, 2003

PostPosted: April 22, 2004 4:17 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

After Mad Max but before Road Warrior and Gallipoli (which is wonderful) he did a little picture in Australis called Tim. He played an adult man with slight mental retardation (Tim's slow) who falls in love with an older American lady (Piper Laurie). It is both ean excellent drama and an interesting look at working class Australia.

Of couse I never complain if I get to see his Bum.

Worst movie: Tie between Summer City and Attack force Z

Want to know his shoe size?

I wish you peace.

alison
jahunta

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 22, 2004 4:33 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Braveheart was bloody and amazing...You forgot the Patriot, though...which is another good one...What Women Want was kinda "eh", Payback was good too...I think I like it when he shoots a lot of people. Lethal Weapon 1 was great, 2 and 3 are good too...Ain't seen the Passion yet...gonna wait on that one....

Juanita

Quitting is Living!!!
QD: 2/15/04
Kissimee

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 22, 2004 11:23 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite Mel Gibson movie is The Passion....I know he wasn't in it but he did a wonderful job.

Acting....All of them!

I can NOT control the addiction because if I could, it would NOT be an addiction...BUT I can control ME, the addict.
~Tracy

Angel

Quit Date:
November 11, 2004

PostPosted: April 23, 2004 10:20 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, he was in the Passion - he nailed Jesus' hand to the cross and he drew the line in the sand when Mary Magdelene was about to get stoned (killed, not high). Absolutely wonderful movie - I don't get all the sensitivity about it, but then again, my skin is pretty thick. I have to call it a tie between all the 'based on a true story' movies: Braveheart, Patriot, We Were Soldiers, and Passion. Who could possibly pick just one?
jlf/Jeri

Quit Date:
November 12, 2003

PostPosted: April 23, 2004 2:50 PM    Post subject: I love Mel! Reply with quote

I just love Mel Gibson and I've like most of his movies. Now I might be getting senile, but wasn't he also in "Sophie's Choice"? I keep thinking of a movie where he was imprisioned in a cell and she, I believe it was Meryl Streep, would come to visit him in the jail. He had the most exquisite green eyes in that film, they just captured my heart! But he had such a great butt in the Lethal Weapon movies! Very Happy

Jeri
Five months, one week, three days, 13 hours, 49 minutes and 43 seconds. 4877 cigarettes not smoked, saving $1,021.53. Life saved: 2 weeks, 2 days, 22 hours, 25 minutes.
Tammy

Quit Date:
February 16, 2004

PostPosted: April 23, 2004 5:36 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite was The Passion of the Christ. Awesome, awesome movie.

Tammy
Free and loving it!
Fightn4life

Quit Date:
October 23, 2003

PostPosted: April 26, 2004 12:25 AM    Post subject: Mel Gibson Reply with quote

My favorite Mel Gibson movie is The Passion

Second would be When we were Solders

Both were wonderful movies.

Heck this was a trick poll, all those movies are great.

Sandyz
Six months, two days, 6 hours, 19 minutes and 46 seconds. 8336 cigarettes not smoked, saving $1,250.53. Life saved: 4 weeks, 22 hours, 40 minutes.

"Keep your heart open to dreams. For as long as there's a dream, there is hope, and as long as there is hope, there is joy in living."

~Anonymous
Blue Jam

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 14, 2004 4:33 PM    Post subject: I wasn't able to vote... Reply with quote

I saw a documantary about Mel Gibson and his Catholic Extremist background. His latesr film has offended jews all over the world. I was bought up Catholic and thought the film was unsympathetic to other religions.

Here's my review of each film...
Braveheart:- Smaltsy action movie with an engageing romatic sub lot. Although the battle scenes are compelling, the film is historically innaccuratle. The scene where the Irish attacked the Scotts was true until the moment they dropped their weapons. Not only was this ludicrous, but it was also historically innaccurate. Irish mercenaries fought alongside the English (who have oppressed Ireland for centuries) for money in many battles. Finally, welsh Archers were used in the battle in the film. Welsh people are Celtic, just like the Scotts. There is no way they would go to battle against fellow Celts. Gibson paints a black and white picture of people in this movie which depicts all English people as evil. I despise plenty of what England has done in it's appauling history, but am not small minded enough to beleive that every englsihman is a rapist, murderer and cockney. Another example of someone trying to rewrite history in a populist way through a populist media.

Road Warrior : Excellent movie. a cult classicwith raw acting, great action and breathtaking pace.
6% [ 1 ]
Lethal Weapon (pick a number) : Violence for families. No thanks.
20% [ 3 ]
Conspiracy Theory : Escellent film. Gibson is better when he plays someone who isn't a "stand up" guy, a peoples hero and a rebel with a cause.
6% [ 1 ]
Ransom (GIVE ME BACK MY SON!) : Awful.
0% [ 0 ]
Mad Max See Road Warrior.
6% [ 1 ]
Bird On a Wire : Goldie Horne, no thanks.
0% [ 0 ]
What Women Want : Women laughed at this crass take on feminism.
0% [ 0 ]
We were Soldiers : Unseen, I bet it's like Braveheart but in Nam.
13% [ 2 ]

Don't let greed kill.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > just for fun All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: