quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Thyroid Problem
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: September 13, 2005 10:36 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Londa,

I cannot thank you enough for this post you made. More than anything else, it has reassured me. I had already started looking for a surgeon, but the one I want is not available until December, which is very far away. I talked to my regular doc today, and we decided that I will see another Endocrinologist and that if they agree I will get the surgery now. I may get it now anyway, because I just do not want to worry about this all the time.

I especially appreciated all the details! They really tell what is going go in any situation, and now I can see myself doing this, so maybe I will stop fighting it. It was really, really wonderful of you to write this to me, and I mean that! I do not feel so frightened.

BTW: I don't do needles either, and actually did take my own IV out once. Rolling Eyes THe nurse put a stop to those antics, saying that I could have broken the needle off in my arm! Arrrggg! I was good after that! Laughing

Margaret
Tammy

Quit Date:
February 16, 2004

PostPosted: September 13, 2005 10:47 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Margaret, You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Tammy
Free and loving it!
londa

Quit Date:
July 28, 2004

PostPosted: September 14, 2005 6:45 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I guess I won't pull any needles out of my arm Shocked

God Be with you Margaret!

Love, Londa

My name is Londa. I am 57 and I act like I'm 20. I love to laugh and smile. The more the better. Being kind to someone is the best thing you can do.
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: September 21, 2005 10:11 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again to all for your support with this scary Thyroid possible cancer thing.

I am still not working. I have something else wrong with my throat, which may or may not be related to the thyroid. I am very hoarse now, and have swollen glands in my neck. Also, trouble swallowing. Saw my reg. doc today and got the Anti-biotics changed. He thinks it may a virus and not related to the thyroid, but doesn't know for sure.

Tomorrow I have my first consult with a surgeon.

Does anyone who answered this post before, and knew someone with thyroid cancer or problem, know what kind of surgeon one should get? Londa, do you mind if I asked what your was? My regular doc thinks it should be an ENT surgeon, but I thought there were surgeons just for the thyroid.

Thanks. Will post any further news I get. Next week I will see the second opinion Endocrinologist.

I am getting very impatient, and do not understand what I am waiting for. I am pretty sure I want the surgery, so it just seems like I should go ahead and get a surgeon. I might have to have the surgery, just to shrink the Nodule, even if this is not cancer.

I think I am just getting really scared because my throat hurts so much. Sad

Margaret
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: