quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Itchin' and Scratchin'...Ugh!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: October 4, 2005 1:01 AM    Post subject: Itchin' and Scratchin'...Ugh!! Reply with quote

well, I'm itchin' and scratchin' from a rash, which is driving me a little nuts! Even my eyeballs itch! Rolling Eyes Guess it is an allergic reaction to a drug I took tonight (upon doc's advice) for arthritis pain, called Mobic...had a slight headache and a little nausea earlier, too...but it don't seem bad enough for an ER visit, so I just suffer! Yikes! And it is a 24 time-released drug...ooooh,noooo! Well, I will call the doc tomorrow if I am still so miserable.

I know this goes on Health Forum, but I wanted to Rant, Rant, Rant instead of Scratch, Scratch, Scratch....for a few minutes (although I keep having to stop and tend to a bad spot here and there).

I could take some Benadryl, but I mistakenly thought I was getting a Migraine and took something for that, and I don't want to mix things here.

THe worse of it is that (NOW I go read the side-effects...why didn't I do that first? Dumb! Rolling Eyes )....it also causes insomnia. Which explains, I guess, why when I tried to sleep, I dosed so lightly, but must have been dreaming, because I saw a fat worm with spikes sticking out, and when I grabbed a hammer and smashed it, it just turned into a billion baby worms like it's mama had been! EEEk!

So here I sit....miserably...de dum...de dum...But I at least I can sit in the privacy of my home....no running out to smoke! You know, I hadn't thought of that...this in NO way makes me want to smoke...the very thought makes me nauseous. So hey, good sign...

Well, thanks for listening...(scratch, scratch) Laughing Crying or Very sad

P.S. I hope it's not realted to the Flu Shot or the Pneumonia Shot I got today....don't think so, have had Flu shots before, although first time for Pneumonia.....hey, my dog is helping to cool me off, licking me with his tongue...good boy...I usually don't like that so much, but right now it feels great! (Oops! And now he will think he can do it all the time... Rolling Eyes)

Margaret
londa

Quit Date:
July 28, 2004

PostPosted: October 4, 2005 6:51 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel for you girl! 3 years ago I had accute hives! Boy were they bad! I took benadryl but couldn't work cuz the stuff knocked me out. (Pills do that to me)

Wouldn't hurt to consult the doctor, they need to know whats going on.

Hope you start feeling better!

You are definately in my prayers!

God Bless

Love, Londa

My name is Londa. I am 57 and I act like I'm 20. I love to laugh and smile. The more the better. Being kind to someone is the best thing you can do.
alleghany

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: October 4, 2005 8:04 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you try an oatmeal bath? That is usually fairly safe/without side effects.

Sending you good thoughts! Cool

Face your fears.
Quit date: June 6, 2004
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: October 4, 2005 9:44 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

hope the reaction subsided and you got some sleep, margaret...

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: October 4, 2005 12:22 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

So sorry, Margaret. That sounds absolutely terrible. Please call your doctor and get something to counteract the original meds. Take care of yourself.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: October 4, 2005 1:10 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Margaret...that's soooo miserable for you!!!! Sad

You should call the doc and let them know you had an allergic reaction! At least they would record it on your medical record for future reference, if nothing else.

Oatmeal baths...do work!!!

Hugs

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: October 4, 2005 5:12 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

THanks so much, guys...tha twas really sweet of you to leave these answers, helpful, and made me feel loved, too! I guess I rather dwindled into self-pity at the last there! Sad Rolling Eyes

I definitely should have put this on the Health Board, because by 6 a.m. I was running a fever of 100 degrees. And joint pain was lots worse. I made an appointment with the doc, got in this afternoon, and he says I must have already been getting some kind of virus when I got the Flu shot. He did some blood work, and told me NEVER to take the Mobic again (he was not the doc who prescribed it anyway; twas my arthritis doc that did that). THe blood work is to check out the hemoblobin and liver, etc. I look a strange color (sort of brownish yellow). He didn't prescribe anything except drinking more fluids (gosh--I am floating already Wink )

By now, however, I am much better and the fever is down to 99. He thinks I will just get better on my own in a couple more days.

Thanks again. You made me feel better! Smile Going to walk the dog now.

P.S. Do I just dump the oatmeal right into the bath water? And how much?
And will it dry me out? A lot of the itching is being caused by the extreme dryness of my skin. Doc was concern about the dryness, which was not there yesterday.

Margaret
alleghany

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: October 4, 2005 7:07 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Margaret ~

Gosh, no ~ the oatmeal will actually make your skin less dry!

The easiest way to use it is in packets you can get at the drug store. Just ask for "Oatmeal Bath Packets".... there are many brands. Check the packets, because some do add mineral oil.

Some folks swear by oatmeal baths. Let me know if you try it and if it works for you.

Hope you feel better soon! Cool

Face your fears.
Quit date: June 6, 2004
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: October 4, 2005 7:29 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Alleghany. I will. I need to do stuff for dry skin anyway. Probably not tonight, because I am in bed sleeping all the time (finally!)....hmmm...do wish I had some tonight....I will see... Cool

Margaret
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: