quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A lot of Pain I'm In

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: August 3, 2005 10:26 PM    Post subject: A lot of Pain I'm In Reply with quote

Very Happy Hi all,

I'm not too bad for now because of the muscle relaxer, Advil, and hot shower, but wait till I'm up longer the pain will get worse. Being on the computer doesn't help which has really been bothering me this past week. Ever since my car accident in 99 sometimes my neck and shoulders will hurt severly. I told my husband tonight it may have something to do with having window air conditioning units instead of central air. My thought was that the force of cold air is more powerful while in the rooms with the window units than central air would be evenly distributed throughout the house. I do not remember having my neck and shoulders hurt me every day for so long like this past week for a long time. My legs have been hurting since last Spring and if I walk they hurt even worse. I have an appointment with the doctor this Monday and hope to get it all straight. The medicine doesn't seem to help my legs at all, only my neck and shoulders. The last doctor thought my leg pain was coming from my back and gave me the muscle relaxants but they don't help. I have pain pills but they will knock me out and I would rather put up with the pain than sleep all day and night. I have already been sleeping a lot on count of this.

Blessings,
Barbara

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: August 3, 2005 11:35 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barb - I hope the doctor can help you get some relief from the pain. I can't imagine how people cope with chronic pain. I've been very lucky so far...I'll keep you in my prayers. Hope you feel better...maybe when the weather cools down a bit - they're forecasting a cooler weekend here in Pittsburgh!

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: August 3, 2005 11:54 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barb, I sure hope you are feeling better....pain is no laughing matter..
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 4, 2005 12:05 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you seen a chiropractor about this? i had a diving accident years ago where i dislocated my 6th cervical vertebra; i couldn't turn my head at all, and my neck and upper back were in constant pain: it didn't get any better until i went to a chiropractor. because of the nature of the injury, my neck and shoulders occasionally get out of whack again, and when they do, i go back to my chiropractor and get "adjusted". you might want to ask around and see if anybody you know goes to one; otherwise, maybe your regular doctor will refer you to someone.

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 4, 2005 12:16 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barbara,

My mother used to go to a chiropractor for her neck and shoulders and she swore by this that it helped her a lot. I cannot say for myself because I have always used Physical Therapists. Many, many dancers however also use chiropractors and love them.

Margaret
mtwilsonranch

Quit Date:
January 20, 2006

PostPosted: August 4, 2005 12:23 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barbara,

I am so sorry that you are in pain, I know the doctor will be able to help you ..Keep us posted..

Pam

Right Now, this minute, this hour, this day, I choose not to feed my addiction....
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: August 4, 2005 2:20 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Thank you everyone for listening to me whine. Kevin, I am glad you mentioned a chiropractor. I have always heard good things about them. I guess it evaded me though because I am use to seeing a nero surgeon for back pain. I do not think a chiropractor can help stenois of the spine. I have been to a chiropractor for lower back and he did not help much. Gosh that's been in the 80's. But a chiropractor may be able to help my neck and shoulder pain.

Blessings,

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Kelly

Quit Date:
July 4, 2005

PostPosted: August 5, 2005 1:02 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow... I sure hope that a doc can help!

I've had good luck with my chiropractor. Wish I could go see him more often. He focuses on curing the pain using a variety of techniques - not just cracking bones. I hope that you find someone like him and feel better soon!!!!

Giant hugs,
({c:

The longest journey begins with a single step.
Simone

Quit Date:
April 28, 2005

PostPosted: August 28, 2005 9:48 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried Yoga & Pilates?? as an ex-model & dancer my back was destroyed by years of Ballet I have Spondylolisthesis Grade 111 & dics degeneration all lower dics the Orthopedic surgeon said it is inoperable so I see a wonderful chiropractor every few months as th elower back pain is terrible & now I have osteoarthritis (I am falling to bits lol!!) so the pain radiates all up my back up to my neck & across as well as down shoulders & arms blahhhhh.

I find Yoga (KI) to be of great benefits as well as Pilates as it stretches the muscles that tighten up & swimming is a god send.

I used to take panadiene forte but now take nothing except what my Chiroprator put me on it is a powder called ''Ultra Muscleze'' by BioCeuticals a Company in New Zealand it is absolutely fabulous stuff I felt a differance in 4 weeks.

Here is their site & I hope you feel a lot better very soon pain is a horrible thing. http://www.bioceuticals.com.au/

Info on KI yoga:

Ki Yoga

Ki Yoga is the Yoga of Meaning. You donít just stretch and strain. You learn why you stretch, how to strengthen and what you are striving towards. You discover what each gesture, movement and part of the body means and how it affects your mind, your behaviour, your health and your whole life.

Ki Yoga explores and extends the postures and sutras of Hatha Yoga by using the diagnostics of the Chinese and Japanese Healing Arts. It begins with the experience of Asana (postures and movements) and Pranayama (breath) to connect with and understand the whole person ñ the body, the psyche, the emotions, a code of living, vitality and a state of meditation, concentration and calm.

Ki Yoga is healing yoga. Teachers in Ki Yoga design sequences and classes that treat specific conditions - both physically and psychologically - and that follow the rhythms of nature ñ the time of day, the seasons, and the environment. Relief from illness, pain, confusion or distortion comes swift.
Jack Marshall is the founder of Ki Yoga. A yogi, a healer, a sceptic and a philosopher, he developed Ki Yoga from his study and training in the teachings of Masters Masahiro Oki, Shizuto Masunaga and Andrzej Gospodarczyk. Through his school and clinic at the Zen Renaissance Healing Centre, he and other teachers continue to explore the healing and invigorating possibilities of Ki Yoga - its way to a Way in life.

Sorry for such a long post !! I hope something helps you .

Take Care Smile
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: August 28, 2005 2:19 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Thank you Kelly and Simone,

Simone, I never thought of Yoga but it is worth a shot. Thanks for the link.

Blessings,

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Simone

Quit Date:
April 28, 2005

PostPosted: September 15, 2005 2:27 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Barbara just checking in to see how you are doing.

I hope you are feeling better & not in so much pain- hopefully none!.

Take Care,
Simone.xx
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: October 6, 2005 11:27 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Thank you Simone,

I had an appointment with my neuro surgeon for the pain in my legs a few weeks ago but canceled because I was sick. The pain in my legs seemed to get better all by their selves lately. My legs will still hurt sometimes but not as bad or as often. The neck and shoulder pain is not every day like it was either.

Blessings,

Blessings,
Barbara K.
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: October 7, 2005 2:47 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simone,

Do you have a web site for the Ki Yoga also? It sounds just wonderful.

I am a trained dancer also, but my injuries were from a fall while snow skiing and another fall down the stairs at school when I was teaching (a kid pushed me, but it was an accident--he was aiming to push another kid Wink ).

I have studied Yoga but not for a while. I like Pilates very much and do that. I don't swim due to the chlorine in the pools. (And Lake Michigan is just too cold, not to mention dirty Rolling Eyes ) I have Fibromyalgia and some osteoarthritis as well as the back injury (herniated disks). At present I work with a Physical Therapist who works mainly with dancers and sports folks. She is very good. I do strength training, cardio, and some stretching (not too much, because I am overstretched from the years of dancing.) I really need to add to my types of activity, because lately I seem to have a motivation problem--and that will never do! I need to branch out into some different things for a while. BTW: And I can grieve over it, and fuss forever, but it will not get me back to ballet class, which is where I want to be, of course. I am forbidden to do that--no running, jumping, or grand plie. Well, I didn't mean to go on so long about it, but would really appreciate any info.

Thanks,

P.S. I will check that other web site also.

Margaret
Simone

Quit Date:
April 28, 2005

PostPosted: October 7, 2005 3:24 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barbara that's good to hear I hope the pain stays away Wink!!My Neuro appt is not until March 2006 LOL the MS misbehaves but what can you do .

marw

Very Happy just PM'd you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: