quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Venting?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: October 9, 2005 8:17 PM    Post subject: Venting? Reply with quote

Well, I'm not sure how to feel right now at all. My out of state brother and I just got off the phone after having words again. Today is only the 2nd time he's called me since July on count of this very same thing. He is always critisizing me and I've started to recently speak up for myself.

This is about how today's conversation went with my brother who lives out of state. He asks me what I'm doing. I told him I'm was reading my HTML book and looking up words on the Net that are in the HTML book that I do not know the meaning of. He didn't seem impressed. I asked him about his family and twin daughters. He goes on to tell me about getting them ready for college and all. I ask what each twin is interested in taking. He says one wants to be a financial advisor and the other girl isn't sure yet. I told him I had at one time thought about being a financial advisor but never had the opportunity. I told him I found Economics is college interesting but got an incomplete because the class was real early and I worked late at night. He still didn't have much to say. Then he says, what else is going on after I tell him about our younger brother in town's goings on. I told him we've been keeping the cat outside on count of my allergies. Then my brother seemed interested and asked if that has helped my allergies. I told him I'm not sure if it is because of that or the anti-biotic the doctor put me on. He wanted to know what the doctor said. So I go further into detail and explain that I went to the emergency room a week ago because I could not stop coughing. He said his nose gets a little stuffed up at times but then he just goes on about his business and doesn't let it get him down like I do with my ailments. I told him the paramedics didn't think I was making a big deal out of it when they gave me oxygen after rushing over when I told them I could not stop coughing. Then my brother says something like I'm always sick and it gets old with him. I told him maybe next time he calls then maybe he should ask me more about what I'm reading like about my HTML book instead of asking me more about my ailments. He works on computers for a living but for some reason does not ever want to try to teach me anything about them. Anyway, my brother got mad and said, "oh, so your saying this is all my fault?" Eventually he said he'd call back in another few weeks and hung up on me. But not before I said Fine.

Blessings,

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Zuzu

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: October 10, 2005 12:37 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry things aren't going well. But I'm happy for you that you have a brother who will keep trying through the bad phone calls and clearly cares for you.

-Zuzu

Last edited by Zuzu on December 27, 2005 11:33 PM; edited 1 time in total
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: October 10, 2005 1:37 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Hi ZuZu,

I use to ask my brother to help me with stuff I was learning on the computer but he would loose his patience with me and get angry if I couldn't understand. That is why I quit asking him. I don't seem to have a bit of trouble with others online who helped me with a question or the other about whatever I'm learning on the computer. For the longest time I did have brain fog from my quit where I had a hard time comprehending things like how to post an image here on Woofmang. After my brain fog though and some playing around I did it. SandyZ helped me with my avatar though.

My brother out of state is a control freak like my husband is. Perhaps one reasons why I'm in the situation I am right now.

Blessings,

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Zuzu

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: October 10, 2005 12:15 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's too bad. It sounds like somehow you frustrate one another. It seems you know that having him help you with computer-related things isn't such a good idea - so it's probably great that he actually doesn't ask you about and talk to you about HTML stuff you're learning about. It's doubtful that your brother has culpability in the situation with your husband (it's so hard for us to own these things, isn't it?) Although I'm sure it's somehow pretty to think so. Do you think you'll ever find common ground with him? - Zu
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: October 10, 2005 3:06 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Hi ZuZu,

I honestly don't know.

Blessings,

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: