quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Wasted Years

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: October 8, 2005 3:59 AM    Post subject: Wasted Years Reply with quote

Hi all,

I feel like so many of my years have all been wasted. I'm middle aged now and haven't been happy in a long time. Oh, I can laugh and joke a lot, but the long lonely nights of tossing and turning in anguish are torment. I cannot seem to tolerate much like I use to. Whenever I see injustice, it angers me. I've even had to start taking an addictive drug for this a good while back. My doctor prescribed it to me and although I do not take it every day most of the time, there are other times when I do. I cannot go any further than what I've already said. I think that most of you may already know enough to understand. It's just at bedtime it's like my mind starts to catch up and starts thinking about all my worries.

I'm tired of fighting and trying to always be on my gaurd with people. I use to have spunk and spirit. I only feel beaten and defeated now.

Oh well, I guess when I'm done with following through with my plans I will begin to heal. I'll feel better after some sleep.

Blessings,

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
ms_tapestry

Quit Date:
October 21, 2009

PostPosted: October 8, 2005 7:40 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barbara, no life is ever wasted. We are all put on this planet by God for a purpose, a reason. It is up to us to search until we find that purpose and reason. All of our life experiences are knowledge gained that we can use in reaching this goal. Even the abuse I suffered as a child had a reason in that when it threatened my daughter I was able to recognize it and stop it before she was harmed. You have a choice. You can live your life as a victim or a survivor. I chose, and some days still have to consciously choose, to be a survivor. There is good walking side by side with bad in everyone's life. We have to learn to deal with the bad when we must and focus on the good. Focusing on the good in our lives lifts us up and helps us deal with the bad. Barbara, find what is in your heart and follow it, for that is your true calling.

You said:
Quote:
Whenever I see injustice, it angers me.

Perhaps this is a clue to where you might begin. Injustice angers me as well and for the past nine years I have spent a good deal of my time helping people challange injustice in our workplace. Heaven knows it's a calling because I don't get paid extra and there is very little to no gratitude Rolling Eyes but I love what I do and yes, I have made a difference. Therein lies the satisfaction.

There are days when I am tired and discouraged and worn to a nub. This is when I practice extreme self-care. First, I review and adjust my diet. It really does affect my body and my mood when I eat too much sugar and fat. Second, I exericise my body and spirit. A long vigorous walk relieves tension and stress, gets my heart beating and my lungs breathing. As I walk I count my blessings and give thanks for each one, this exercises my spiritual body as well. Third, I read something inspiring and uplifting. This might be a book, a magazine article, or a passage in my Bible. Fourth, Be still. This last one is a hard one for me. I sometimes find myself scheduling something for every minute in my life. Leave an empty space or several empty spaces to sit, reflect, and meditate. Sometimes we have to get very still to hear what God is saying to us.

I seem to have rambled on a bit, but I hope there is something here that helps you along your way, Ms. Barbara. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Cool

Tonya

You must do the very thing you think you cannot do.
~ Eleanor Roosevelt
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: October 8, 2005 4:27 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Tonya,

I am working on some of those goals.

Blessings,

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
londa

Quit Date:
July 28, 2004

PostPosted: October 9, 2005 7:08 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tonya said it all! Thank you Tonya!

Barb, she said some very wise words here.

God Bless

Love, Londa

My name is Londa. I am 57 and I act like I'm 20. I love to laugh and smile. The more the better. Being kind to someone is the best thing you can do.
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: October 9, 2005 11:44 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are healing Barb, and your inner self is working hard for you to hear her. Stay true to yourself and stay strong....Tonya gave you some wonderful advice and she is a very strong woman.
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: October 9, 2005 8:20 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Thank you Londa and Kay,

Now off to check on some jokes after my conversation with my hot headed brother. I need a deversion.

Blessings,

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Fightn4life

Quit Date:
October 23, 2003

PostPosted: October 10, 2005 3:20 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barbara, I do not believe human life is wasted. We learn from every experience we encounter. When we learn about lifes lessons you cannot say it was a mistake.

I also believe all of us are here for a reason. Maybe not for us but for others, I feel that deep within me my life is not all about me. There is something I am supposed to do in this life and I pray I am on the right track.

I also know if I am, it sure in the heck took me long enough to get there.

Smile and love yourself. That my friend is the firsrt step.

Sandyz
717 days free from the demon

"Keep your heart open to dreams. For as long as there's a dream, there is hope, and as long as there is hope, there is joy in living."

~Anonymous
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: October 10, 2005 3:31 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Thanks Sandy,

You are busy tonight aren't you?

Take care buddy and thank you again.

Blessings,

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Deb

Quit Date:
February 5, 2010

PostPosted: October 10, 2005 8:28 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barb,

Hang in there and everyone has agreed here, your definately not a waste but, a precious human being. Things are tough now but, they really will get better so please hang in there and have faith.

Your in my thoughts and prayers.

Deb
Deb

Quit Date:
February 5, 2010

PostPosted: October 10, 2005 8:29 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barb,

Hang in there !! Your definately not a waste but, a precious human being. Things are tough now but, they really will get better so please hang in there and have faith.

Your in my thoughts and prayers.

Deb
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: October 10, 2005 3:08 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Thank you Deb,

Blessings,

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Tammy

Quit Date:
February 16, 2004

PostPosted: October 11, 2005 12:16 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barbara, Lot's and lot's of wisdom spoken here. Just adding this:
Philippians 4:8 - Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Tammy
Free and loving it!
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: October 11, 2005 3:14 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Thank you Tammy,

blessings,

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: