quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

No words can express "THANKS" a thousand times for

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fightn4life

Quit Date:
October 23, 2003

PostPosted: November 6, 2005 9:43 AM    Post subject: No words can express "THANKS" a thousand times for Reply with quote

OMG, thank you all for all the warm healing wishes and prayers, it has been a trying last few days but hubby has been helping me so much.

Cowgirl, as much as I hate having others do things for me I haven't done much around here at all. Ten minutes trying to do anything and my head starts banging so bad I cannot do anything.

My friend Joy who is now celebrating her 9th month lungaversary is in Little Rock this morning, they flew in from Orlando. She and hubby are on their way here for a visit. I tried so hard to get a few things cleaned up around here but well let's say I hope she doesn't care what this house looks like. This place looks awful darn it. I will take photos of our mini reunion; she is a member of this site and contributes her quit to all your support along with FFS.

Put another feather in your cap Kevin and a new pair of wings, your tales, quit smoking boards helped save another life, and gave the tobacco industry a big kick in the butt. Her hubby quit too with her help. The ripple effects as you say.

You Kevin are another angel along with every person right here that gives so much time to help others along this journey.

I met Joy in the 70's and we have always been die hard smokers, yet today we will visit and smoking will not be apart of our connection.

I go the Dr tomorrow morning and will see how things are going, I do not think I will be going back to work Tuesday as planned if I keep walking into walls. We do have door opening's. Shocked

My brother saw my Blazer and took photo's of it, he called me and said "sis, you should be dead, the Blazer is crushed." He didn't recognize it and told me if he hadn't believed in angles he sure the heck would now. He said it looked like a pancake, (thanks brother of mine for that description) and he couldn't even see where I could have been trapped in it.

I know God and or the angles were with me that morning. I suppose I am here for reasons…wonder what that is. Wish HE had told me. Writing is hard right now, thinking is scrambled and thank you for spell check, and as I am writing this on Word, most words are misspelled. I feel like a loose bundle of nerves ready to explode, cannot really explain it.

I feel so blessed but odd.

I am suppose to pick up my rental car tomorrow but have no desire to drive, and right now I do not want it or a new one. I suppose I'll get over that. I need to release what is left of the Blazer to the insurance company and I will see it for the first time. Silly as it sounds I do not really want to see it either.

I want every one to know how warm my heart feels to know so many are sending prayers and cheesecake. Thank you also Zuzu, as I do not think I would have posted this here or on my Blog, did not think I had the words

So much love to every one,
Sandyz

been free for 746 days!

"Keep your heart open to dreams. For as long as there's a dream, there is hope, and as long as there is hope, there is joy in living."

~Anonymous
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: November 6, 2005 10:36 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Tammy

Quit Date:
February 16, 2004

PostPosted: November 6, 2005 11:50 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandy z, I will be praying for you. I am so thankful that you are going to be ok.

Yes thank you Zuzu, for letting us know about the accident.

Tammy
Free and loving it!
Zuzu

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: November 6, 2005 8:40 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well.... er... really it's because I'm such a big mouth, Sandy.

(((As though for a moment I'd thinks folks around here would forgive me if I didn't let them know you were in need... I'd probably get voted off the island .. you know, for that and my subversive ideas. I figured you'd forgive me for the figurative kiss-and-tell if you got some cheesecake outta the deal.. heh.)))
iwantosing

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: November 6, 2005 9:13 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

My healing, peaceful prayers to you. peg

My name is Peg, I decided I wanted to sing to the Lord, run with my son, laugh and learn to whistle, the cigs had to go!! Quit Date 3/28/05
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: November 7, 2005 11:13 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

God bless Sandy and let the house go...Joy will only care about you.
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: November 7, 2005 5:14 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, Sandy! I just came here and saw the post about your accident, and you weren't kidding that you were darn lucky. I figure if you take all the time and effort to quit smoking, it would be pretty cruel of the big one to cut you off so quickly, so you should be around for a long time to come. I for one am so glad and relieved to know that you are OK.

Now, did someone mention cheesecake?

FIVE + years of freedom and loving it!
Kerry

Quit Date:
May 4, 2004

PostPosted: November 7, 2005 11:43 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandy just take all the time you need to heal.
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: November 14, 2005 1:53 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Sandy,

You've heard the expression if you fall off the horse to get back on. Well, it's the same after a car accident. Please if you can drive the rental even if's it's just down the long road to the house and back. Ever since my accident in 99 I developed PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Syndrone) from not driving right away. Of course the way you sound now I would say to still give it some time before driving.

I know Joy will be a joy to be with.

Take care.

Blessings,

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: