quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

I give thanks for...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > inspirations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jahunta

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: November 17, 2005 3:58 PM    Post subject: I give thanks for... Reply with quote

I always thought this was a wonderful thing to do. Around this time, I try to remember to say the things I have to be thankful for. I invite you all to "count your blessings" with me and post what you have to be thankful for, be it many, be it few!! Very Happy

I am thankful for the lifeblood running through my veins, my fingers and toes, my lungs that can now take full breaths, and make my workout efficient and good. I am thankful for endorphines. I am thankful for family, (RIP uncle Pinky) friends, coworkers, Woofmang, that I have a roof over my head, and that I can express myself with my voice and my instruments. I give thanks that my legs transport me from place to place and that they got me to the train station on time...nevermind that I got on the wrong train! Rolling Eyes I am thankful that there is, in fact, hope for humanity, despite the list of things that say different. I am thankful for all these things and more.

...your turn!

Juanita Marie Harris, Jr.

Quitting is Living!!!
QD: 2/15/04
Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: November 17, 2005 4:15 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

(I didn't know you could be a female Junior!)

I'm thankful I found this site, and the courage to step up and kick old Scowling Demon once and for all.

I'm thankful that Kevin founded this site and invited us all into his home to take comfort, and give comfort, when we needed it most.

I'm thankful for all the new family I have found here.

Very Happy

FIVE + years of freedom and loving it!
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: November 17, 2005 7:44 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am thankful for the same things Pam is thankful for! Well put, Pamela! Smile

Margaret
alleghany

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: November 17, 2005 8:12 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am extremely grateful that I'm healthy.

Cool

Face your fears.
Quit date: June 6, 2004
Zuzu

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: November 17, 2005 10:08 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a terrific thread, Nita!

I'm thankful for Nita and that she started this thread and that she's been an inspired and inspiring soul on this journey - not just in stopping smoking, but in life (I still am taken aback when I think of how much your life changed in the first year of stopping.. of your leaving your job, going to Europe, moving back to the West, all of it... it still inspire me!)

Last edited by Zuzu on December 27, 2005 11:13 PM; edited 1 time in total
Kerry

Quit Date:
May 4, 2004

PostPosted: November 19, 2005 1:05 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is good for me now. I've been feeling kind of sad these days - kind of got crapped on by some people in the neighborhood. But you know, tonight I went out with my best friend from grade school. We actually went to college together too. On the way home I called hubby and found out my son was sick and I needed to get medicine on the way home. It made me start to think. These neighborhood people don't define who I am. I define who I am. And my definition tonight is that there are people in this world who love me, depend on me, want to be with me, and need me in their life. Talk about gratitude. Life is still good.
cmishoe

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: November 19, 2005 1:39 PM    Post subject: Thankfull For Reply with quote

First of all I am thankfull to God.... Then I am thankfull for him leading me to this site.... I have never had such wonderful friends in my life..... i know i have seen any of you, but you are such special people.... i gives you a hope you know..... knowing that the world isn't all bad..... i am thankfull that God has given my Mother another day with us.... I am thankfull for my family and may God keep them all safe from harm... as to all my friends ..... I am thankfull for this site that keeps me from smoking everyday.... I am thankfull for everything good and bad....
jlynn931

Quit Date:
September 22, 2016

PostPosted: November 20, 2005 6:10 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am thankful for one month of freedom..i am thankful for the support of all my friends (online and 3D)...i am thankful for my health...i am thankful for having a good stable job and finally being financially ok...
most of all this thanksgiving i am thankful for the health of my best friend's 3 year old son after his surgery and thankful that he is home and wih his family for the holiday.
jenny
Leona

Quit Date:
June 1, 2017

PostPosted: November 21, 2005 10:52 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am thankful for my wonderful soulsister, I am thankful for the dr that helped me get this far, I am thankful I am not alone and most of all I am thankful that I have God in my life, oh and I cannot forget my friends here at woofmang I am thankful for them and all the help they gave me getting this far, I am also thankful to kevin for giving us a home.

Quiting smoking is like a fine wine ......
It just gets better with age.
Carla

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: November 21, 2005 1:50 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chocolate and meatballs and wine and friends to share with.

Carla
Quit Date: January 4, 2004
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > inspirations All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: