quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

I thought work was taxing enough already....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jahunta

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: January 6, 2006 8:47 PM    Post subject: I thought work was taxing enough already.... Reply with quote

...now it's just friggin' unbearable.

Hello all. I've been absent for a while, but I've been hovering. I find myself in a bit of a quandry and harboring ill feelings. Please allow me to vent my feelings here. I've been quiet about this for weeks, and haven't told many people. I try not to let things get to me at work. Here's my story.

I was in this job as a temp since April last year, hired perm in September.

Since then, I've had a run in with one other employee. My "partner". She is another admin who works, quite literally, behind me. We each have Dr.'s to assist with stuff, and when one of us is out, off, or otherwise absent, we take up the slack. Now, I've been in a position, since starting this job, to not have a lot of work to do. My immediate manager had to put up with me for the first 4-6 months, having little one on ones saying things like "I'm just bored" and asking the other admins if they had something for me to do. You get the jist. I was working for 1 doctor in the beginning. Now I have 3! And still, the workload is not as full as it could be. Let's just cut to the chase, shall we...

3 times since April, I have been pulled aside by my "partner" with my immediate manager being accused of not helping out the other admins. However, she was the only admin who had ever said anything about it to me. There are 4 other admins, who don't have a problem. I know this, because after each ordeal, I had asked them about it. Her deal is that, she doesn't feel she can trust me. Now, mind you, for months, I've helped her with myriad little things. Nothing major, some things I just can't help her with, but my fault is that I don't ALWAYS ask. Apparently, when she gets busy, she just takes on all the heat, pressure and whatnot, and gets mad that no one has ASKED her if she needs help. Now, I don't usually need help, but I have NEVER had an issue with ASKING for help. I, having helped her many times, have been the target of her displeasure one too many times. Every time, she's in tears wondering why I don't ASK her for work that she needs help with when I'm not as busy as her. I really can't go on, because it just makes me mad and becuase the most recent blow up ended up with me having to circulate an email generated every morning asking if anyone in the office needed any help, and making sure that I ask her at least twice a day if she needs help. So, that's what I did. Until she asked me to stop. So...you see, I'm really, really, really, really just fed up. My one goal now, is to just not piss her off. And, though work is bad enough ( in and of the fact that it's just work), this just makes it suck even more. She has been on vacation for the past week. She had a list she left me of things to do and watch out for. She has called 2 other admins, and they have relayed messages to me but has not talked directly to me. <<sigh>> I just don't understand....and at this point, I just can't *expletive*-ing care.

Rant over.

Thanks,
Juanita

Quitting is Living!!!
QD: 2/15/04
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: January 7, 2006 12:28 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nita, I don't know if I can be much help because I never lasted in any office....got too bored, butt too tired, and claustrophobic (spelled wrong,see what I mean?) When i couldn't dance anymore, teaching school suited me, because it was alway jumping.

Back to your situation, it sounds like this is a "whiner" woman. I know the type. So nothing you do will probably ever remedy the situation, plus I have never read of anybody tryng so hard as you seem to be doing to please her. I, on the other hand, would long ago have been fired, so hats off to you, for your patience with this undeserving chicky.

Also, it sounds to me like you are super efficient (I always was too) so that you are getting things done in half the time it would take someone else. THis will not earn you brownie points, trust me.....it earns you jealousy from those less organized.....and that would include that "partner", else she wouldn't have so much to do. She likes to look like that....like she is so busy...."poor me" type is what I see her doing! BAh. She is just a manipulater, and most likely not very bright.

Can you find another job? This would be one solution. Another would be to get another job in-house, away from her, preferable higher up on the pecking order than her....but another department would work, too.

I'm sure you would be invaluable help wherever you work because, especially in doctors' offices and hospitals, I have yet to find anyone with the least bit of competency. It's like they hire idiots....no reflection on you, but you are without a doubt the smartest person there.

You have my sympathy. I don't know what else to say. However, while leaving rotten fish in her desk would be O.K. Laughing , you must not kill her.....no dead bodies in the Ladies room! Sorry....it's really frowned upon! Laughing

However I am beating the fire out of her in my head right now, and am happy to stick any pins in a picture if I know what she looks like. Laughing

Just remember, you are worth a thousand of her! She is nothing....a little slime patch in the Great Office of the World.....put there probably by some other incompetent slime turd.

Good Rant, though. I had a bad encounter today with an Admin from a hospital here, who could not (or refused to) send my CT Report to any of my docs. Would not even send it to the ordering physician....said he had to call them. Rolling Eyes Oh, man, these little chicky babies are desperate for attention, aren't they?

And you are NOT one of them! Just shake your skirts off, and unless they are paying you A LOT OF MONEY, you can probably find a better job.

Good luck to you. And thanks for the Rant. Don't know what that says about me, that I benefit from other people's Rants? Rolling Eyes Laughing

Margaret
Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: January 7, 2006 7:23 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoo boy, Nita, I just hate office politics. That's one of the reasons I did consulting from home for 11 years.

However, this woman sounds like the type who will never never never ask for help, but expects you to be a mindreader. can't win, with this type of personality.

Sounds to me like this is a job for someone higher up to figure out how to "pool" the work so that no one gets bored and no one gets overloaded.

Wish I could give you a magic solution. I'd talk to your manager and let them know you are open to taking on more challenging work and responsiblity.

Either way, I know you'll be moving to something more worthy and that will make you happy. I hope you're still excercising those vocal chords and lungs in your spare time, and have something exciting coming up in that area!

Keep us updated on the office situation. Sometimes when you just "talk" it out, like posting it here, things have a way of working themselves out.

Keep rocking, my diva bud!

FIVE + years of freedom and loving it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: