quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A really bad day!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deb

Quit Date:
February 5, 2010

PostPosted: January 15, 2006 11:49 AM    Post subject: A really bad day! Reply with quote

Today I am feeling sort of desperate. I will not smoke but, I have these surges of emotions hitting me from every possible angle.

I don't understand, it seems that my last quits were easier. To bad I hadn't stuck with them. Crying or Very sad I go from anger to ease in a matter of minutes. I guess this is quite normal. Please, I keep praying that I will soon get over this nightmare. I really don't want to smoke which is why I'm so confused. Does this make any sense?

Hanging on for dear life is my on solution. I just need to get some of these emotions out and this is the only way I know how.

Deb

I have been quit for 1 Week, 5 Days, 1 hour, 18 minutes and 13 seconds (12 days). I have saved $79.55 by not smoking 482 cigarettes. I have saved 1 Day, 16 hours and 10 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 1/3/2006 9:30 AM
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: January 15, 2006 11:56 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yes. Deb, it makes perfect sense and I honestly believe we've all gone through something very similar to the emotions you're feeling now. You're on day 12, right? That means you're still enduring heck week which is less intense than hell week but still a very difficult time.

If you have a hobby, dig into it and don't let anyone or anything pull you away. If you're a reader, find a good book. Knitting and/or crocheting worked for me but that isn't interesting for everyone. Lacking something interesting to do at home, go shopping or to a movie. Do whatever it takes but don't smoke.

You've come so far now, I'm sure you don't want to begin again and go through this another time. Just know we're all here to help you when the road becomes difficult. This is doable and, believe me, it's sooooo wonderful to be free. Very Happy

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
swaneem

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: January 15, 2006 12:17 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deb,

It's tough in the beginning....you're fighting a strong addiction...but even more important...you're fighting for your life. It's the only way you're going to get to the other side....freedom.

It will get easier.....you need to be determined because the choice will always be yours to make....hold your ground and don't smoke.

Let the urge come.....it will pass just as quickly.....and deal with one at a time.

Drink lots of water to help flush some of the toxins out of your system...your body has already started to heal.

Give yourself a hug and be proud of yourself that you've taken this important step and are doing it!!!!

Donna

Just when the caterpillar thought his world was
coming to an end..........God made him a
BUTTERFLY.
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: January 15, 2006 12:25 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, it's normal, deb; of course, that doesn't mean we have to like it...

if you're like me (and a lot of other ex-smokers i know), you used to hide a lot of your feelings behind the smokescreen (get mad, have a smoke; get happy, have a smoke; get sad, have a smoke; sound familiar?); now that you don't have the smokescreen any more, you're having to feel those emotions directly, and the strength of some of them is surprising.

the good news is, you can handle them just fine without the smoke; billions of non-smokers do it every day. hang in there; the rollercoaster evens out a bit after a while. as long as you keep choosing life.

Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
essie662

Quit Date:
April 14, 2004

PostPosted: January 15, 2006 2:31 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hang on Deb! ((((Hugs))))

Essie
4/14/04
Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: January 15, 2006 3:22 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coming here to post is the right thing to do, Deb. Heck, we can take any emotions you want to dish out! Just look at all the smileys we have at our fingertips:

Shocked Laughing Crying or Very sad Wink Razz Smile Surprised Sad Very Happy Razz Mad

I think that says it all. you can get through each and every one without lighting up!

You're doing great, so keep it up.

FIVE + years of freedom and loving it!
Deb

Quit Date:
February 5, 2010

PostPosted: January 15, 2006 3:33 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank's for the kind and supportive words. Feeling a lot better now, I guess getting on here and venting is truly a life saver.

I know one thing, I will not smoke. I will pull out my hair, yell, scream, cry, go for a walk, anything but smoke!

Thank's again for all the encouraging words. I know with time, it does get better but, I need to get a little further along in my quit to start feeling this.

I've learned an important lesson - Smoking is not an option anymore because, I never want to start over again. 1 time ok, 2 times ok, I'm certainly not going for number 8.....so, this is my 7th attempt since last January, and my last. Please bare with me folks, I'm going to succeed this time, I will do it no matter what it takes. I told my Husband even if I beg him to never give in and give me a smoke. I know this time, he has seen the torture of quitting and relapsing.....we all know that this is both physically and mentally exhausting. I cannot do it anymore, I'm here to stay this time.

Deb
mtwilsonranch

Quit Date:
January 20, 2006

PostPosted: January 15, 2006 3:46 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good for you Deb on staying strong Very Happy Very Happy

This addiction uses our emotions to sneak back in..so standing strong and positive will beat the beast....

I really believe this quitting is a process of learning, we gave this addiction so much value, and HATS OFF TO YOU for putting the value on you...

You go girl, you will overcome and you will succeed..believe it.

Hugs to you,

Pam

Right Now, this minute, this hour, this day, I choose not to feed my addiction....
Simone

Quit Date:
April 28, 2005

PostPosted: January 22, 2006 1:45 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good on you for hanging in there so proud of you Very Happy

Love,
Simone *hugs*
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: January 23, 2006 1:03 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pam, you are doing a good job! Try also getting into the bathtub and crying. Yes, I am serious. I did it originally so the neighbors couldn't hear me (loud sobber...that's me Laughing ), but then I discovered that psychologically fire and water are opposites (cig being the fire, of course,), so being immersed in water seemed to help! I know this sounds crazy, but I have a very literal subconscious mind! So I sort of emotionally was "putting out the fire (crave)" with water. Oh well, I know this sounds nuts, but anyway, I spent a lot of time in the bathtub and it did hellp.

Keep on going!!! YOu are doing fine. It will pass....even the emotions. Oh, yeah, almost forgot, you can also throw things, just not breakable ones (unless you don't mind sweeping up the glass Wink ) I did that, too!

A good one for driving is to curse the other drivers. They can't hear you. Laughing Or, if you don't want to curse, just talk mean....like this: "Hey, man, it's got wheels, not feet!" "Have you considered getting a horse?" "Try saying "Giddyup!' " Hmmmm....gosh, now everyone will think I'm mean. Well, gee, I was during the first part of my quit! Just hang on, and you will get there, and it all gets better. I promise.

Hugs,

Margaret
Kerry

Quit Date:
May 4, 2004

PostPosted: January 24, 2006 8:55 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're here for you Deb! You CAN do this!!!!!!!!!
Simone

Quit Date:
April 28, 2005

PostPosted: January 25, 2006 9:09 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

How you doing?? great I bet ........keep it going Deb you are not alone

*hugs*
Simone- Free and Healing for Eight Months, Twenty Seven Days, 11 Hours and 38 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy 18 Days and 22 Hours, by avoiding the use of 5450 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me $2,204.47.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: