quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

I Want to give up!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Simone

Quit Date:
April 28, 2005

PostPosted: January 23, 2006 8:56 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Deb so glad to hear you are feeling better today so hard as a long time smoker (28 years for me) I understand how you feel it iis so hard but so worth it I think of it as the most worthwhile thing I have ever done in my life apart from having my Daughter & divorcing her idiot Dad!! LOL.

Today will be a great day & I pray also that you Husbands quits it must be hard thank goodness my boyfriend quit long before I did now I think of how hard it must have been for him , but this is about you & how feel .

I have all the faith in the world that you are one committed quitter & will get through all of this, just one day at a time & be kind to yourself.

Love & ((HuGs))

Simone
xx
alleghany

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: January 23, 2006 10:32 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad things have evened out, Deb!

No, you can't make the entire world quit smoking, but I can pretty much make a safe bet that a lot more folks won't be smoking in the years ahead. Each day I meet folks and then suddenly find out they "used" to smoke .... the world is changing!!! Very Happy

I promise you that as things continue to calm down, you will find the absolute amazingly wonderful things about quiting. Some things are huge and some things are little ~ but you will begin to discover them.

Cool

Face your fears.
Quit date: June 6, 2004
londa

Quit Date:
July 28, 2004

PostPosted: January 24, 2006 1:28 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

((((((((((((((((((((Deb)))))))))))))))))))))

I hate the struggle also, but you feel so much better when you get through it. And you will get through this.

Just spit in Laughing Demon face! What a lier he is! And then you have us! Wink We tell you the truth! Everyone here cares for you on this quit. We are all there with you. You can do this, just hold on to our coat strings for a while. We'll even carry you, if we have to!

God be with you and may you get your strength from Him!

Love, Londa

My name is Londa. I am 57 and I act like I'm 20. I love to laugh and smile. The more the better. Being kind to someone is the best thing you can do.
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: January 24, 2006 2:53 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes the first time you visit friends or go on a trip or whatever, you have a pang or even a temptation. But for that you prepare in advance (were you here when we talked about Emergency Kits and how to make them up? If not, I will post it again.) After that, you never think of it at all when you do all those fabulous things. After some FAB thing like a visit or trip or party, you may remember that you used to smoke and be so amazed at how it never even crossed your mind. Cool

Hang on! Hang tuff! Just dig your heels in. All of this will pass. It helps to get rewards everyday while you are doing this. Get some little thing for yourself every day....a flower, a scent, a bubble bath, a special hair clip, the list is endless. And plan a BIG DAY 7 to CELEBRATE! Cool Very Happy On Day 7 (and 14 and 21) I went to Lunch and then SHOPPING!!! First week, I bought stuff at Victoria's Secret that a woman my age probably shouldn't wear, but then....hey, I knew I would be getting younger from being quit! Wink My month reward was the patio furniture! Wow, do I ever still love that!

Margaret
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: January 25, 2006 12:02 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Deb,

I'm glad you are doing better. I know it can get frustrating at times. I found that once I accepted that I would always be an addict that the rest fell into place. Things do get better though so keep hanging in there.

blessings,

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: January 25, 2006 10:25 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

On giving up, DON"T! Don't ever give up...wake up each day and give it your best shot....you will be surprised....for sure.
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
justdebbie

Quit Date:
August 1, 2004

PostPosted: January 26, 2006 12:21 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deb,

I really don't have much to add.... I know it is so hard for you right now, but this struggle you are going through is so worth it. Stick with it. You will be very glad you did. I thought I would never get to the point that I could honestly say I'm so glad I don't smoke anymore. Its like a ball and chain have been cut off. I am free of that terrible addition. It feels so good.. Just keep up the great job you are doing..

Take it one day at at time and all the rest will take care of its self.

HUGS
Deb
Fightn4life

Quit Date:
October 23, 2003

PostPosted: January 29, 2006 4:52 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can do this, it does get better. I promice. Smile

I agree Kevins tales saved mine many a time.

Hang in there you are going great, we all rant were addicts. And...I understood all you wrote.

Sandyz
free for 830 days Shocked

"Keep your heart open to dreams. For as long as there's a dream, there is hope, and as long as there is hope, there is joy in living."

~Anonymous
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: