quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

The Station

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > inspirations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deb

Quit Date:
February 5, 2010

PostPosted: March 19, 2005 5:34 PM    Post subject: The Station Reply with quote

The Station

Tucked away in our subconscious is an idyllic vision. We see ourselves on a long trip that spans the continent. We are traveling by train. Out the windows we drink in the passing scene of cars on nearby highways, of children waving at a crossing, of cattle grazing on a distant hillside, of smoke pouring from a power plant, of row upon row of corn and wheat, of flatlands and valleys, of mountains and rolling hillsides, of city skylines and village halls.

But uppermost in our minds is the final destination. On a certain day at a certain hour we will pull into the station. Bands will be playing and flags waving. Once we get there so many wonderful dreams will come true and the pieces of our lives will fit together like a completed jigsaw puzzle. How restlessly we pace the aisles, damning the minutes for loitering - waiting, waiting, waiting for the station.

"When we reach the station that will be it." We cry "when i'm 18." "When I buy a new 450 SL Mercedes Benz!" "When I put the last kid through college." "When I have paid off the mortgage!" "When I get a promotion." "When I reach the age of retirement I shall live happily ever after!"

Sooner or later we must realize there is no station. No one place to arrive at once and for all. The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly outdistances us.

"Relish the moment" is a good motto, especially when coupled with Psalm 118:24: "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it." It isn't the burdens of today that drive men mad. It is the regrets over yesterday and the fear of tomorrow. Regret and fear are twin thieves who rob of us today.

So, stop pacing the aisles and counting the miles. Instead, climb more mountains, eat more ice cream, go barefoot more often, swim more rivers, cry less. Life must be lived as we go along. The station will come soon enough.

By Robert J. Hastings

Enjoy your smoke free lifes!

Deb
Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: March 19, 2005 5:48 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was a nice post, Deb. I especially liked the part about eating more ice cream Rolling Eyes Very Happy

FIVE + years of freedom and loving it!
ms_tapestry

Quit Date:
October 21, 2009

PostPosted: March 19, 2005 5:50 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very timely information for me Deb. Thank you so much for posting it. Cool

Tonya

You must do the very thing you think you cannot do.
~ Eleanor Roosevelt
mtwilsonranch

Quit Date:
January 20, 2006

PostPosted: March 19, 2005 8:27 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a good post...

Thank you Deb, this is going in my journal Very Happy

Pam

1 month 3 days, 15 hrs., 27 min free of nicotine and feeling GREAT Wink

Right Now, this minute, this hour, this day, I choose not to feed my addiction....
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: March 19, 2005 11:12 PM    Post subject: Re: The Station Reply with quote

Deb,

Thank you, Deb, for posting this! So very true! What an outstanding reminder of the journey of life!!!!

I love these 2 parts the best....

mashulse wrote:
The true joy of life is the trip.

"Relish the moment" is a good motto, especially when coupled with Psalm 118:24: "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it." It isn't the burdens of today that drive men mad. It is the regrets over yesterday and the fear of tomorrow. Regret and fear are twin thieves who rob of us today.

Warm Fuzzy Hug

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: March 20, 2005 1:31 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: March 30, 2005 1:44 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Thanks Deb,

This is so true and helpful to read.

Blessings,

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Kerry

Quit Date:
May 4, 2004

PostPosted: March 30, 2005 12:34 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG I was just think about this last night! This was what was read at my wedding. How cool. Kerry
Deb

Quit Date:
February 5, 2010

PostPosted: February 1, 2006 10:25 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I posted this a while ago, I find it a must to come back and read it occasionally. It always make me look at my life a lot differently. Very Happy

I also thought that maybe some of the new folks, would be inspired by this as much as I am. Wink

Deb
mtwilsonranch

Quit Date:
January 20, 2006

PostPosted: February 1, 2006 8:18 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for bringing this back to the top...

This is a gift,... this day Wink Very Happy

I love this...

Pam

Right Now, this minute, this hour, this day, I choose not to feed my addiction....
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: February 1, 2006 11:52 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Thank you Deb for bringing it back up. I re-read it and still it makes me feel good.

Blessings,

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > inspirations All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: