quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

I'm no Puppet

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: February 3, 2006 11:13 PM    Post subject: I'm no Puppet Reply with quote

Hi all,

As usual a call from my husband to his mother evoked an arguement between us. She made a big production out of the fact that the check he gave me to cash for his birthday is messing her up because I haven't cashed it yet. So my husband gets on my case and we fight about it. Finally I told my husband that I'm not a puppet that his mom can pull the strings to and expect me to do what her little ole heart desires me to. I am a human being and he shut up.

In-laws suck.

Blessings,
Barbara

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Renee

Quit Date:
January 1, 2006

PostPosted: February 4, 2006 8:22 AM    Post subject: Re: I'm no Puppet Reply with quote

Barbara K. wrote:
Hi all,

As usual a call from my husband to his mother evoked an arguement between us. She made a big production out of the fact that the check he gave me to cash for his birthday is messing her up because I haven't cashed it yet. So my husband gets on my case and we fight about it. Finally I told my husband that I'm not a puppet that his mom can pull the strings to and expect me to do what her little ole heart desires me to. I am a human being and he shut up.

In-laws suck.

Blessings,
Barbara

boys can be so dumb sometimes I'd go cash the check and buy some shoes.

Then everyone's happy, right??
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: February 4, 2006 9:19 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

He can't cash his own check? Or were you doing something nice for him? I'd guess that there wasn't a promised deadline involved either...
Barbara - you're doing a good job of standing up for yourself...I'm proud of you!

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
Deb

Quit Date:
February 5, 2010

PostPosted: February 4, 2006 9:22 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barbara,

I'm not a big fan with the in-laws, their more like outlaws to me. Tell her to kiss your ass. Very Happy

Deb
Melody

Quit Date:
August 19, 2004

PostPosted: February 4, 2006 10:04 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't see why it messes her up. She just needs to count it as spent. If she isn't bright enough for that I second Debs comment. Tell her to kiss your ass. Oh yeh don't forget the shoes like Renee said. Wink

I'm a NON-SMOKER thanks to everyone here
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: February 4, 2006 10:40 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

What did I miss here? It's YOUR fault that HE didn't cash HIS birthday check?????????????????????? Give me a break!!

Hope you enjoy your new shoes. Wink

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: February 5, 2006 12:06 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Thank you all,

My husband and I fought about it some more today. Finally, I stormed out of the house and went out to lunch and grocery shopping. When I got back he wasn't home but came home shortly thereafter. He said that he didn't think I was coming back. I told him one of these days I may not come back. He said, "I know it" I have left him before twice and I can do it again. Marriage counseling has not helped at all on his part. The therapist mentioned twice how that I have low self esteem but I have to disagree on that sometimes. I do have the right to pass on making a big deal out of a situation and choosing what situation to stand up for.

Blessings,

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Leona

Quit Date:
June 1, 2017

PostPosted: February 5, 2006 12:16 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mar 10:7 For this cause will a man go away from his father and mother, and be joined to his wife; Mar 10:8 And the two will become one flesh; so that they are no longer two, but one flesh.

This is what your husband should be doing.

He should learn this. It is not your responsibility to take and cash the check and should not put you through this kind of argument. If he really does love you he would make a effort to make the marriage counseling work and also to get you and he as one. This is suppose to be the way it is. If he doesn't do this perhaps you should find a way to make it on your own.

Quiting smoking is like a fine wine ......
It just gets better with age.
Backfist

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: February 5, 2006 6:27 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Barbara! I have to wonder along with the others. Why can't he cash his own check? This is strange to me! I know if somebody hands me a check for my birthday cash, I'm not handing it over to someone else. I'm going to cash it MYSELF.

Or, you could cash the check and buy yourself a treat out of it! This is known as a transaction fee.

Well, best of luck to you!

Dekie
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: February 6, 2006 12:11 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Thank Leona and Dekie,

My husband told me I could keep the money if I took the check to the bank. It wasn't that much money but like I had explained to him twice that I did not have the time to cash it yet. I doubt my husband would have let his mom known he gave me the check to cash for myself though instead of for him. My husband never wants to take any small checks to the Credit Union even though it's right in front of the parking lot he parks his car in to work in.

The reason why my husband and I fought about it again yesterday was because I had called his mom up. I figured I was sick and tired of things she said to my husband always causing us to fight that I would start to take these issues up with her. I asked her if there was anything she wanted to say to me about the check? She told me she wanted me to send the check back to her so I told her I would. Then I told her I would appreciate in the future if she has something to say about me to say it to my face and not behind my back. She told me to kiss her arse and hung up on me. It was when I told my husband about the conversation between his mom and I is when he started World War III. My husband told me I started something and this time I am in the wrong over and over. I didnt realize why he kept saying this time I'm in the wrong until later. When we went to marriage counseling, the therapist would more times agree with me when it came to conflicts with my husband's mom.

Today my husband made the comment that after hearing the news that so many people are crazy with stabbings and shootings. I told him that maybe they have mother-in-law problems that drove them nuts.

blessings,

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Renee

Quit Date:
January 1, 2006

PostPosted: February 7, 2006 7:44 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Truer words never spoken. Wink

Quote:
Today my husband made the comment that after hearing the news that so many people are crazy with stabbings and shootings. I told him that maybe they have mother-in-law problems that drove them nuts.
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: February 7, 2006 8:20 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Hi Renee,

Makes sense, doesn't it?

Blessings,

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Renee

Quit Date:
January 1, 2006

PostPosted: February 7, 2006 8:56 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barbara K. wrote:
Very Happy Hi Renee,

Makes sense, doesn't it?

Blessings,

I'm prouder of not killing mine than I am of quitting smoking!
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: February 7, 2006 2:32 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Renee,

I'll drink to that too.

Laughing

blessings,

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: