quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Out of control

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deb

Quit Date:
February 5, 2010

PostPosted: February 8, 2006 12:13 PM    Post subject: Out of control Reply with quote

It seems lately the out of control eating is getting worst. OMG, I really need to put a lid on it. I've gained some weight, nothing I can't shake but, I really have to start being careful.

When will this urge go away? It's strange, I'm struggling more with food withdrawel than nicotine. Laughing Even when my stomach aches, I have no problem adding more food to this bottomless pit.

It's got to be better than smoking so, got to go and get something to eat. Laughing

Deb
Melody

Quit Date:
August 19, 2004

PostPosted: February 8, 2006 2:47 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was about 4 months with eating non stop. I had gained 30lbs but it went off quick in the spring when I said enough was enough. You are just looking for a replacement to smoking. Next you need to get to the point where you need to replace the eating with something else. I tossed myself into a diet and exercise program. Don't panic it will be fine just don't smoke Wink

I'm a NON-SMOKER thanks to everyone here
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: February 8, 2006 10:14 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool Deb...try to make the best possible food choice that will satisfy you and keep you not smoking. If that's chocolate - that's ok. Get the quit going strong and when you are really solidly quit and ready to committ to losing what you've gained it will come off! For me - quitting was the first step in my "wellness" program....I've been dealing with weight for almost a year now and it is coming off...I've lost all of what I gained quitting and much more!! If you can - try to add a little exercise into the routine as another smoking substitute....

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: February 9, 2006 12:59 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Deb,

I wouldn't worry too much either until you are comfortable with your quit. You can still try to subsitute with low calorie snacks, which is something I am guilty of not doing.

Blessings,

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
mtwilsonranch

Quit Date:
January 20, 2006

PostPosted: February 9, 2006 1:34 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deb,

Food just tastes and smells so good.... Wink Very Happy Never knew just how good.......

Weight can always come off, with excerise and healthy food Wink
Sooooooooo much better than smoking Very Happy

Pam

Right Now, this minute, this hour, this day, I choose not to feed my addiction....
Deb

Quit Date:
February 5, 2010

PostPosted: February 9, 2006 10:08 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tips. I'm trying to cut back on snacking every hour, I'll just limit it to every 2 hours Laughing

Deb
mtwilsonranch

Quit Date:
January 20, 2006

PostPosted: February 9, 2006 11:34 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deb,

As for snacks, try Raisins......I got so tried of oranges, if fact I have an orange glow Wink Very Happy

My husband brought me home tow big boxes of Raisins for trial......They work Great....Put them in my pocket and pop them in my mouth when I need a pick up Wink Very Happy

Pam

Right Now, this minute, this hour, this day, I choose not to feed my addiction....
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: February 9, 2006 1:59 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deb,

Wow, Girl...isn't it the truth...eating. I know it seems like I'm hungrier now than before. I believe it's probably has something to do with smoking interacting with the way the body feeds itself from the bloodsugar etc.

Anyway, it's hard. The mouth also begs for something to occupy it's time. Rolling Eyes Laughing Laughing Laughing I like a cinnamon stick. It's definitely not fattening and keeps the mouth busy. Maybe some chewing gum?

Like everyone else has said...don't stress too much about it right now. In time, you'll lose it. Just patient with yourself and love the new smokefree you....even if you do run to the frig a little more. Wink Laughing

Plus spring is coming, and getting outside being active will help shed some pounds then.

Smile Girl....we'll just the be the chubby cheek chipmunks of Woofmang for a bit. Very Happy

Love ((((DEB))))

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: