quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carpal Tunnel

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deb

Quit Date:
February 5, 2010

PostPosted: February 17, 2006 8:26 AM    Post subject: Carpal Tunnel Reply with quote

4 years ago when I had my back surgeries, at the same time (kill two birds with one stone) I had carpal tunnel surgery on my left hand. Well last year it started bothering me again so, I had a nerve conduction study only to find out that the carpal tunnel was back again. I elected not to have the surgery again.

Lately my right hand (especially when on the computer) has been very painful and numbness. I told my Doc and yesterday he sent me for a nerve conduction study on my right hand. YUP....Carpal tunnel. Now, I've got it in both hands..........what a bitch I tell you. I haven't yet decided about surgery but, he's concerned about the right hand more being I'm right handed. It's always something.

If I choose to have the surgery, I will still come to woofmang and type with a pencil between my teeth. Laughing

Deb
alleghany

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: February 17, 2006 9:25 AM    Post subject: Re: Carpal Tunnel Reply with quote

Deb wrote:
If I choose to have the surgery, I will still come to woofmang and type with a pencil between my teeth.

Too funny! Laughing

Sorry about the pain, I hope something can be done!

Sending you good thoughts! Cool

Face your fears.
Quit date: June 6, 2004
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: February 17, 2006 10:00 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW, Deb, talk about a low blow. Like Allegheny, the picture of you typing with a pencil between your teeth makes me giggle. Thanks for starting my day with a laugh.

So sorry you're going through all the pain associated with carpal tunnel. I've never had it (thank God) but know people who have. Doesn't sound like fun at all. Crying or Very sad

Stay strong and do whatever you feel is in your best interest. I'll be thinking about you.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: February 17, 2006 12:21 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

you might want to think about using a different input device, deb. if you're using a mouse, try a trackball, or better yet, a tablet and stylus (this is what i use: check out www.wacom.com); because the tablet and stylus is very much like writing with a pen or a pencil, it doesn't stress your carpal tunnel the way mice or trackballs do.

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
mtwilsonranch

Quit Date:
January 20, 2006

PostPosted: February 17, 2006 12:56 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deb, I can just picture you with the pencil Wink Very Happy

I am sorry that you are going through this...I like Kevin's idea about the tablet.... I have a friend that has one, and he swears by it......

Stay strong and hopefully it can be taken care of.....

Sending you positive thoughts,

Pam

Right Now, this minute, this hour, this day, I choose not to feed my addiction....
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: February 17, 2006 3:35 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bummer Deb Sad

I've never had capal tunnel, but have had trouble in the wrist before when I worked. And oh my goodness...IT HURTS!!! Shocked

Have you tried a splint? It reminds me of a bowling glove. But it helps to keep the wrist straight and ease the tension and pressure placed on the wrist.

Girl, feel for you!! Take it easy and well,....we'll just have to send you a big parcel of pencils. Wink Hopefully, it won't come to that! Wink

Love and Hugs {{{{Deb}}}}

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: February 18, 2006 1:55 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so sorry about the carpel tunnel, Deb!! It must be very painful. I thought I had it in my left thumb (or would that be something else?) but mine is better at the moment. It got so bad at one point I could not stand to touch the thing, much less use it. I would not have been able to function if I had it in the Right hand.

I like Kevin's idea about the tablet. I think I will check that out for myself, too. Cool

YOu did make me laugh saying you would use a pencil in your teeth! Laughing
But, ya know, that might be harder than it looks! Wink I have TMJ, so that one is kinda of out for me! Laughing

Hope you feel better, and can get some relief.

Sending good thoughts your way!

Margaret
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: February 18, 2006 8:36 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

...maybe we all need to learn to type with our toes.... Shocked Laughing

I count my blessings that I've avoided carpal tunnel so far. I spend alot of time everyday at the computer at work...and a little more time at home... I try to pay attention to good ergonomics and take frequent breaks

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: February 22, 2006 1:22 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch Deb, that hurts.

Blessings,

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: