quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

I am enraged!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
londa

Quit Date:
July 28, 2004

PostPosted: March 2, 2006 7:54 AM    Post subject: I am enraged!!! Reply with quote

I went to get my coffee and chatted with the folks and found out a NY State Trooper was killed in the line of duty yesterday in a town next to were I live.

What is wrong with people! Some men were robbing a bank and I guess this state trooper saw them in a car later, not knowing they just robbed a bank, he saw them stopped or something, don't know the full details, well anyways, these men started shooting and the officer shot back, and got 2 of the men, but was killed in the process.

I know there is evil in this world. I just have a hard time with someone taking someone elses life.

FOR MONEY!!!!?????

ROB A BANK?????!!!!!!

I have no understanding of this.

I know people always tell me I am naive, too trusting of people. I choose to see the good in everyone. But killing...... this trooper was ONLY 33 years old. His poor family.

God be with this family. And I hear there are still some men they haven't caught yet. Will get more details later when Officer Bill comes in.

Such a saddness. You can't pay them enough for the job they do!

May we all say a prayer today for our men in uniform, who protect us from the ones who have no desire to obey the law.

Thank you for letting me spout. I am so angry!

Love, Londa

My name is Londa. I am 57 and I act like I'm 20. I love to laugh and smile. The more the better. Being kind to someone is the best thing you can do.
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: March 2, 2006 8:34 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear you!!! There is so much senseless violence in this world.

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: March 2, 2006 10:06 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, Londa, I'm right there with you. What really upsets me is that the perpetrators seem to receive more compassion than those attempting to keep the peace. Makes absolutely no sense.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: March 2, 2006 10:14 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad I know Londa, how much our State Troopers really do. Our little town doesn't have a police department, so the Troopers are our "first responders" and our police, all rolled into one. Many times they are sitting ducks for the bad guys, who seem to be everywhere these days.

Believe you me, if I were ever in a real jam, a NYS Trooper would be the first one I'd want to help me out....right alongside a Marine...)(not to shortchange the Army, Navy, Coastguard,!)

FIVE + years of freedom and loving it!
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: March 2, 2006 11:29 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is too bad, londa. our family was lucky, i guess; i had two uncles and a cousin on the new york state police, and none of them were ever shot, let alone killed, in the line of duty. i guess people just don't think of troopers as regular people who have families and lives apart from their jobs...

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: March 2, 2006 6:44 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Londa,

It is maddening and living near a big city like I do it goes on all the time. What is sad is like what Jo said about the perpetrators getting more compassion than the victim.

Blessings,

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: March 2, 2006 10:44 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know, Londa. I feel the same way!!! Also, my only nephew is a policeman, so we worry.

I'm glad you brought this out here in a post. We need to be more conscious of the good and evil in the world and never, ever take any actins that occur for granted! You are n naive. You are just good.

Blessed be,
Margaret

Margaret
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: March 15, 2006 12:06 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spout?? How cute of a way to put your feelings....I don't understand people today either...
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
Simone

Quit Date:
April 28, 2005

PostPosted: March 15, 2006 9:39 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll never understand either it saddens me to live in a world where money means more than a precious human life to some.

Simone Sad
justtheprincess

Quit Date:
December 1, 2013

PostPosted: March 15, 2006 11:31 AM    Post subject: My Sympathy Reply with quote

My sympathies go out to this family. I come from a long line of law enforcement and other men/women in uniform. I have been very lucky so far. Most have retired and are now going crazy in retirement Smile

YOU are the only YOU YOU have. Take care of YOU!

~ Love, Sandi
One day at a time
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: