quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Had a Colonoscoppy, not feeling well

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: March 10, 2006 11:58 PM    Post subject: Had a Colonoscoppy, not feeling well Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

I meant to post this sooner, so I apologize for being gone and not letting everyone know. I thought it would only be a day or so, but I still do not feel so hot, so I'm not sure I'll get much posting done tonight either. But at least I thought I could get this post up.

I had a Colonoscopy on Thursday, and I was doing the laxative prep for it all day Wednesday (plus a liquid diet, then no food or water after midnight) so I just didn't feel up to getting on the computer (and had trouble leaving the Bathroom Laughing ) that night.

Finally had it done, and they found a huge polyp in the end of the Cecum part of the colon. THe doc thought it was probably precancerous (not cancer), but said it doesn't matter even if it is cancer because he got every bit of it. I will know next Tuesday when it comes back from the Lab. I also have the Diverticula and the Hemorrhoids (which I already knew about this last....sort of hard not to know about those! Rolling Eyes )

What was really upsetting, and I wanted to warn everyone who gets these kind of problems, if one doc tells you that you are O.K. and you don't feel O.K., DO NOT TAKE HIS WORD FOR IT!! I went to 5 GI doctors! Five!! And they all had brushed me off, saying my last colonoscopy didn't show anything wrong (which it didn't, but that was because the doctor that did it missed this polyp.....they can't grow that fast, so it would have been there then, too). If had not persisted until I found a doctor willing to do this test, I could have ended up with very bad cancer. As it is is, hopefully everything has been caught in time. There seems to be a tendency today to dismiss intestinal problems as IBS (Intestinal Bowel Disease), when the truth is that many problems can exist which are NOT THIS!

Anyway, wanted to rant just a tad here....but mostly to urge people to be ever aggressive when it comes to taking care ofyour health.

I will be back full-time soon. I just don't feel too hot right now....slept all day, and have a soft diet for a few days and NO exercise for 10 days..... Sad Sad ....I will be a "blob" again! Sad This doc says to me: "And I mean NO SIT-UPS, CRUNCHES, OR AB EXERCISES! " It made me wonder if he could actually tell or something from my abdomen that I had been doing those exercises! Wouldn't that be nice?...to think I actually had muscles there that showed! Cool Very Happy But alas! In 10 days they will be gone. It seems like I am always starting over. Sad Well, not to complain.....things could have been worse.....so I'll catch up when I can, I guess.

Hope everyone is doing well. And congrats to all whose Lunaverseries I am missing!! Very Happy Have fun and I will catch up with you later!
Very Happy

Love,

Margaret
Deb

Quit Date:
February 5, 2010

PostPosted: March 11, 2006 9:57 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Margaret,

I'm glad that everything turned out ok. It sounds like those Doc's really put you through the ringer. It's good that your very persistent with Drs because your right, sometimes they just blow you off. Never can be to careful is the correct motto.

I hope your feeling better soon. Very Happy

Deb
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: March 11, 2006 10:44 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Margaret,

I've been wondering about you but just thought you were very busy. Well, you were, but not in the sense I thought.

Sorry to hear about your problems. Whoever called the senior years golden probably wasn't a senior. Sometimes it seems like everything is failing at the same time.

Keep a stiff upper lip, my friend. Spring, and new life, are just around the corner.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
essie662

Quit Date:
April 14, 2004

PostPosted: March 11, 2006 11:40 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Margaret - I missed you too. Glad to hear things are improving. I know only too well right where you are at! Have everything you mentioned, except I have regular colonoscopies as my mother, sister and aunt did have colon cancer, I don't have to beg the doctor for one! Hope you are up to snuff soon, in the mean time enjoy------

Essie
4/14/04
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: March 11, 2006 12:32 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

those are no fun, margaret (especially the preparation); hope you're feeling better soon. Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: March 11, 2006 12:56 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad I hope you are feeling better! Sure doesn't sound like fun...but that's an important test...glad you "passed"....and I'm glad you didn't believe the first five doctors...

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: March 11, 2006 6:22 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Margaret. Yeah, Mr. Bill just had his first one about a month ago, and they found polyps too, but not to worry too much. So,, we've been doing the big fiber thing...wheeeeeee! Bran me up, Scottie!

FIVE + years of freedom and loving it!
londa

Quit Date:
July 28, 2004

PostPosted: March 12, 2006 2:43 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I should probably get one. But I hear such horror stories about them. I know I will hate the prep, but I'll have a peace of mind once it is done.

Margaret, glad things are okay now, and looking forward to seeing you April 14th in Chicago during our 4 hour layover!

My husband keeps saying " You going to make her a pillowcase?" He is looking forward to meeting one of my cyber friends Very Happy

God Bless you these days while you take it easy!!!

Love, Londa

My name is Londa. I am 57 and I act like I'm 20. I love to laugh and smile. The more the better. Being kind to someone is the best thing you can do.
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: March 14, 2006 1:05 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry I didn't back to you sooner to THANK you!!! THese posts meant a lot to me and really lifted my spirits. Cool Very Happy I read them Friday night, but haven't been posting a lot....still hanging out in my bed! Sad

Today I still have a lot of pain. I tried to call the doc, but his nurse said he was in procedures. So I am to call tomorrow, and see if he has the test results.

Jo, it is so true that those "golden" years are not "gold" at all. If fact, as I told someone, the only difference is you have no money and you are older. Laughing

Essie, I love that banana split!! Yum, yum! And it was even "soft food" so I got to eat it! DEEElicious! Very Happy

Londa, I will be waiting for you in April with bells on my toes! Can't wait to meet you and hubby! And I would love to have a pillow, but I don't want you to feel like you have to do it. I promise I will visit with you anyway! Razz Very Happy But still.....my very own pillow? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy that has such a feeling of being loved! But I do not want you to overdo, so watch your strength and save some for that wonderful family of yours. And say "hi" to your hubby! I can tell he is a nice man! Wink

Pamela, Mary, Kevin and Deb, thanks for thinking about me. It made a rough few days a lot better to know you thought of me.

Very Happy

Margaret
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: March 14, 2006 7:56 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Margaret,

I hope you get to feeling good soon.

Blessings,

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: March 15, 2006 2:29 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Barbara! I told you about it in the PM, but I'll update everyone else here.

The good news came today from the GI doc that the polyp was not cancer and was not even pre-cancer, but was the totally benign type that you never have to worry about. Smile Unfortunately I still do have a lot of pain in that spot....he doesn't know what it is....but we assume it is from the hernia surgery incision which is right next to this part of the colon.

I am already making plans to get this hernia repair done again, as I just cannot keep living at this pain level.

Anyway, that's the good news!! And I won't need another one for 5 years! Smile Cool Yiipppee!!

Margaret
Lori

Quit Date:
March 18, 2006

PostPosted: March 15, 2006 5:03 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's great news, Margaret! I'm so relieved for you. I hope the pain eases up a bit (or at the very least, that you can schedule the surgery soon to alleviate it). In the meantime, be good to yourself!!

Lori
Simone

Quit Date:
April 28, 2005

PostPosted: March 23, 2006 11:45 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Margaret !!!!! so happy for you all is well YAY !!!! I was wondering if you had had it done already- obviously!, & what a relief it must be for you Smile Smile

I am still waiting Sad

But YAY for you my Friend & HUGE (((HUGS))) you take care you hear!!

Love ,
Simone

xoxoxooxooxoxoxooxoox
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: