quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

i want to sleep please help me !!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kokowawawawa

Quit Date:
February 13, 2006

PostPosted: March 3, 2006 5:11 PM    Post subject: i want to sleep please help me !!!!!! Reply with quote

hello to all
ok i am now its been 19 days since i quit smoking , i admit that i feel better like breathing and many other things , but since i quit i am having till now a sleeping problom , i used to sleep at 1am and wake up at 7 or 8 am and i felt ok , but after i quit i feel sleepy at 9pm , i try my best not to go to bed becouse i dont wanna sleep early so i wont wake up early , but the issue is that i sleep now at 9 pm and i wake up at 3am then go to sleep again at 4am then wake up at 6am ....

i really feel tired even my boss and my friend notice that .
now i read somewhere that i will have a sleeping problom when i quit smoking but is this going to last forever ? and if anyone facing the same thing please advice me what to do , i really love sleeping but not at 9pm and i really love waking up earlly but not at 3am .... please help me

thanks

kokowawawawa
iwantosing

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: March 3, 2006 5:45 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Koko, welcome here to the quitters club. I had alot of problems with my sleeping. I finally started taking exedrin pm, so I could stay asleep. It has been a year since I quit, and i still need some help, so I don't know when it will get better for me. Everyone is different though. Just because I am still having problems after a year does not mean that you will. You should be very proud of yourself for quitting. You will be so much more healthier...and your sleeping problem will get better eventually. Nice to meet you!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Peg

My name is Peg, I decided I wanted to sing to the Lord, run with my son, laugh and learn to whistle, the cigs had to go!! Quit Date 3/28/05
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: March 3, 2006 6:07 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like you're getting about the same amount of sleep just at different times of the night. You're retiring earlier than previously and awaking earlier. Perhaps your body clock just needs a little adjustment. Try staying up 30 minutes later each night for a while and see it that helps.

I had some problems too in the beginning but boy, I sure don't anymore. Wink

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
alleghany

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: March 3, 2006 6:16 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had difficulty with my sleep. Nicotine is a stimulant. As such, I had learned to sleep with the chemicals in my body and going through "withdrawal" during the night. Crying or Very sad

There is a great article on whyquit.com about sleep patterns and quiting.

My sleep leveled out and I felt much better in a few months. You have only been quit a few weeks, your body is still healing.

Sending you good thoughts! Cool

Face your fears.
Quit date: June 6, 2004
Deb

Quit Date:
February 5, 2010

PostPosted: March 3, 2006 7:15 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem. I used to stay up late but since my quit, I'm ready to hit the sack about 8:00 every night. Then I wake up about 2 am and cannot fall back to sleep. I was told by my Doc that this will even out in time.

I started having a cup of coffee after dinner which I don't usually do but, its really helping me stay up a little later anyway.

Hang in there and I know it's a real pain but, it's a hell of alot better than smoking. Wink

Deb
kokowawawawa

Quit Date:
February 13, 2006

PostPosted: March 4, 2006 3:22 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

so it seems that there is so many people who are facing the same issue , i think i will try cup of coffee , maybe it will help, i really hate to stare at the ceiling at 3am for one or 2 hours .
anyway thanks to all for the replays
. but still i hope that it wont last forever ........

kokowawawawa
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: March 5, 2006 3:39 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

Well all had to adjust inthe beginning. YOu may want to make that 1 half cup of coffee, because you will only need half as much coffee as you used to before you quit.

Maybe your doc can give you something temporarily, if you still don't sleep.
Or nuke some milk and see if that puts you vback to sleep. THis is temporary. It should clear up when you get readjusted.

If you exercise too late at night that can keep you awake, too.

YOu are doing good with the Quit!! WTG!! Cool

Margaret
Simone

Quit Date:
April 28, 2005

PostPosted: March 23, 2006 11:57 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

A really great one is passion flower tea I get it loose from the health food store make up a brew & drink it throughout the day sooner or later you will find you get sleepy at 9 or 10pm.

Good Luck Smile

Simone .
Fightn4life

Quit Date:
October 23, 2003

PostPosted: March 23, 2006 2:49 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not being able to sleep was a big problem for me, then came the sleeping too much.

Live in the beginning stages of your quit is like a roller coaster ride, up and down. Please try to get through one day at a time, it does level out. I promice, just hang in there you can do this.

Sandyz
886 days free Shocked

"Keep your heart open to dreams. For as long as there's a dream, there is hope, and as long as there is hope, there is joy in living."

~Anonymous
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: