quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Triggers are still very many

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
THREEGRAND

Quit Date:
March 28, 2004

PostPosted: May 23, 2004 8:08 PM    Post subject: Triggers are still very many Reply with quote

I'm just about 2 months quit and didn't realize how many triggers and cravings to go through yet....Thi s weekend we went up to our summer place. I haven't been there all winter. Well-the trip driving up there was a trigger, being there was another, When I was cleaning there was a faint smell to smoke.....(gross, but I felt like I wanted a cigarette) Thinking I could really relax if I had one........NICODEMON WAS EVERYWHERE THIS WEEKEND'''' I couldn't believe it....I'm okay at home most of the time...Driving I'm getting used to not smoking.....This weekendd was all new.....Don't worry friends I'm not going back to smoking ,,,but boy the cravings and triggers weren' t fun.....I can see now if you don't guard your quit every moment, how easy it could be lost.... Gail
skiermom

Quit Date:
July 25, 2003

PostPosted: May 23, 2004 8:59 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good for you for staying strong.............it'll get easier! Keep up the good work!

Today is a gift........enjoy it!

Eileen
Marvel

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 23, 2004 9:58 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Gail,

It's been said that we have to experience everything as non-smokers that we did as smokers before we break the connections and get through experiences without urges. Even after 7 months I have occasional cravings and wonder, where did THAT come from, but I remind myself that Hey, this is the first time I've sat on the patio in the spring since I used to smoke, or Hey this is the first time I've had a dog to drive me nuts since I smoked!

Yep, that takes a long time, but on the bright side, it does get easier and easier and craves will get weaker if you don't feed the demon. You're doing great hon. Just keep taking it one day and one experience at a time. And stay strong.

Marvel
QD 10/21/2003

bjj

Quit Date:
April 7, 2004

PostPosted: May 24, 2004 3:26 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gail,
I related to your post. I think about everything in my life is associated with cigarettes! I guess that is not surprising since I have smoked at least two packs a day all my adult life until now. I also relate to sometimes needing to post just to vent that this is not easy! I have done that a couple of times. It felt good just to vent and have others understand. I know you are not going to smoke. I also understand that the urges are very, very hard to resist sometimes, and fighting them is difficult and wearing. Congratulations on winning this battle and not smoking!

Bonnie

"Always think of what you have to do as easy and it will become so".
Emile Coue
Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 24, 2004 8:08 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think at about 6 weeks to 2 months was the hardest for me. Not only do you lose some of your early quit motivation, but people don't praise you any more....so you start to feel a little sorry for yourself, and how this is not worth it....blah, blah. Well, it's worth it. you just have to sit out the process.

FIVE + years of freedom and loving it!
Tammy

Quit Date:
February 16, 2004

PostPosted: May 24, 2004 9:31 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gail, I agree we have to always be alert, not letting our guard down. Glad you made the choice not to give in to the nicodemon. Scowling Demon He is such a liar. Scowling Demon Good for you for staying free! Very Happy

Tammy
Free and loving it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: