quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

How dumb is this???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Melody

Quit Date:
August 19, 2004

PostPosted: April 22, 2006 10:48 AM    Post subject: How dumb is this??? Reply with quote

Canadian creates cigarette with vitamin C
Updated Fri. Apr. 21 2006 11:29 PM ET

CTV.ca News Staff

A Quebec company is producing a cigarette it claims does not stain teeth, has less of an odour than regular brands and contains beneficial ingredients like vitamin C.

Called the "VitaCig," it was invented by non-smoker Roger Ouellette for his wife, who has smoked a pack of cigarettes every day since the age of 14.

"We give you all the vitamins you lose, plus some vitamins to help you," he told CTV News.

Health Canada is skeptical of the claim, saying any cigarette is harmful.

"I say this half-jokingly: a safe cigarette is one that's not lit," Health Canada spokesperson Mathew Cook said.

Cook added that Health Canada has heard of similar products before, but that this particular brand only recently appeared on the Canadian market.

Because such products still contain tobacco, Health Canada said it falls under the Tobacco Act and should be regulated the same way as any other cigarette.

Although Health Canada has not tested the VitaCig, Cook said that such products are no less harmful than any regular brand.

"We do tests right now, analysis on the tobacco products, on cigarettes, and what we do is measure the toxic emissions," he said.

"We have no evidence that these products are any different at this point."

He also warned against any claims stating the VitaCig brand is healthy, saying "there's a law against making misleading claims about a product."

Quebecers will be able to try the new cigarettes for themselves at one of 2,000 stores across the province, and it could soon reach more locations outside the province.

Smoker Heidi Miller tried the VitaCig and said it does have less of an odour than her regular brand, although she was highly skeptical of the added ingredients.

"I don't think any cigarette can be healthy for you, and I'm a smoker," she said. "No, I wouldn't smoke for health reasons."

Meanwhile, Oullete's wife is pleased with her husband's product.

"I am happy, because I don't have to quit any more," Gisele Tremblay said.

With a report by CTV's Genevieve Beauchemin in Montreal
http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20060421/vitacig_060421/20060421?hub=Canada

I'm a NON-SMOKER thanks to everyone here
Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 22, 2006 3:15 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's pretty dumb, Melody.

FIVE + years of freedom and loving it!
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: April 22, 2006 4:34 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Melody. That's just a reminder to me that there really is no safe cigarette despite the claims.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 22, 2006 9:52 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Non-Smokers must be winning! It sounds like manufacturers of cigs are really getting desperate! Yes, that is dumb! Do they think people will fall for this?

Margaret
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 23, 2006 10:20 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

very. especially the wife's statement at the end.

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
londa

Quit Date:
July 28, 2004

PostPosted: April 23, 2006 2:00 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have got to be kidding!!! Shocked

I was in church today and they were talking about dry alcoholics. You know, people who have quit drinking but still talk about it, still have the same symtoms but with out the drink.

Same could be said about a smoker. You quit, but you still want it, still think about it, still do things that you did as a smoker, etc. Still looking at yourself as a person who quit instead of a non-smoker.

You need to get beyond. Accept yourself as a non-smoker.

Did I explain that okay? I'm terrible with words. But this article reminded me of that.

Thanks for sharing!

God Bless

Love, Londa

My name is Londa. I am 57 and I act like I'm 20. I love to laugh and smile. The more the better. Being kind to someone is the best thing you can do.
jimotter

Quit Date:
November 19, 2003

PostPosted: April 24, 2006 1:52 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next up on the market --- Filters with Vitamin B12 - just one drag gives you you daily ????? oh "fix".
Jim
Rolling Eyes

Never give up on yourself. We are so worth the effort. Smoking creates nothing but misery for us and those around us. Smoking is socially unacceptable everywhere we go.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: