quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Computer-Friend or Enemy?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: May 11, 2006 10:15 PM    Post subject: Computer-Friend or Enemy? Reply with quote

Very Happy Hi all,

I consider my computer to be good to me most of the time but when I got an error message last night that Norton had been tampered with all heck broke loose. First it said to uninstall and reinstall. How do I do that I thought? Well, I finally muddled my way through the whole thing starting last night and ending late today. Then after I got everything back, I find out that a lot of Norton subsribers were getting the same message if the computer needed a defrag. All I may have had to do is click install instead of uninstalling and then buying and reinstalling after what I read much too late. So for a time last night and today I hated my computer, but it is user friendly again now so I like it now.

Now I need to defrag tonight. Need to look that one up. I think it's assessories something or the other. I should be able to figure it out.

Blessings,

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
alleghany

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 12, 2006 7:10 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barbara,

For all your frustrations, please give yourself credit that you understand as much as you do. I spent 40 minutes on the telephone with tech support yesterday and they only figured out the problem this evening! (And they are paid to understand these machines!!!)

Glad the computer is still breathing! Cool Cool Cool

Face your fears.
Quit date: June 6, 2004
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: May 13, 2006 4:49 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Hi Alleghany,

Thank you. It seems when I use to call technical support I'd be on hold for at least 2 hours. That kind of soured me on calling them. Glad your computer is fine now also.

Blessings,

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 14, 2006 1:57 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember having some dreadful experiences like that, too! Once I had a phone call that was $75 for a tech call! Ugh! Better to struggle with it yourself. Glad it is user friendly again! Smile

Margaret
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: May 15, 2006 12:14 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Hey Margaret,

Yes, that's the way I feel but when 1st getting my computer I was scared of messing my computer up. Now I just think, it can get fixed by someone else or replaced.

Blessings,

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: