quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Eye Twitch!! Help!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 17, 2006 12:20 AM    Post subject: Eye Twitch!! Help! Reply with quote

If anyone knows anything about this, please answer. I will, of course, try to call some kind of doc....do I call the eye doc or the reg. doc?....tomorrow!

My eye is jumping! It jumps so badly that I can't see! I think it is the eyelid, but it may be the eyeball, too. I am going nuts! Hot or cold compressses don't seem to help. Anyone heard of this or know what to do?

Margaret
Melody

Quit Date:
August 19, 2004

PostPosted: May 17, 2006 7:19 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to this link it should lead you to what you need

Symptom: Eye twitching
Eye twitching: Involuntary twitching movements of the eyes
Introduction: Involuntary twitching movements of the eyes, such as nystagmus, need to be distinguished from eyelid twitches. abnormal eye movements, involuntary eye movements, inward and outward deviation of the eyes, involuntary squinting, involuntary winking,

Possible causes of symptom: Eye twitching (8 conditions)
Medical conditions causing symptom: Eye twitching (8 conditions)

Possible causes of symptom: Eye twitching: The following medical conditions are some of the possible causes of Eye twitching as a symptom. There are likely to be other possible causes, so ask your doctor about your symptoms.

Nystagmus
Vestibulitis
Untreated poor vision
Vision disorder
Alcoholism
Multiple sclerosis
Brain tumor
Congenital blindness

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conditions listing symptoms: Eye twitching: The following list of conditions have 'Eye twitching' or similar listed as a symptom in our database. This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete. Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause of any symptom.
A
Alcohol abuse ... nystagmus
D
Dandy-Walker Syndrome ... nystagmus (jerky eyes)
I
Infantile Refsum Disease ... nystagmus (involuntary jerky eye movements)
L
Labrynthitis ... nystagmus
M
Multiple Sclerosis ... rapid involuntary eye movement
P
Pelizaeus-Merzbacher Disease ... nystagmus
R
Refsum Disease ... Nystagmus (involuntary eye movements)
S
Septo-Optic Dysplasia ... nystagmus

http://72.14.207.104/search?q=cache:QvZmMMomuSAJ:www.wrongdiagnosis.com/sym/eye_twitching.htm+eye+twitch+cause&hl=en&gl=ca&ct=clnk&cd=2

I'm a NON-SMOKER thanks to everyone here
alleghany

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 17, 2006 8:50 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

First the "medical" explanation I always heard was that it was a lack of some vitamin (no one ever said which!).

Then the "folk" explanation was if it is the left eye you will see something evil, if it is the right eye you will see something good. Shocked Rolling Eyes I suppose that is your right and left .... I have no clue as I was always a little freaked out by this as a child. Wink

Face your fears.
Quit date: June 6, 2004
pomc94

Quit Date:
September 20, 2008

PostPosted: May 17, 2006 8:23 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Margeret,
I get this all the time. If I remember correctly you have Fibromyalgia. My doctors have told me that my fibro causes involuntary facial/eye twitches. And involuntary muscle twitches in other parts of the body. You might want to check with your dr. about this and see if it could be your fibro.

Patti aka pomc94

"You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you; as you are to them."
~ Arch Bishop Desmond TuTu~
swaneem

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 17, 2006 11:57 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've gotten these "twitches" for many years....and I don't have fibro....they always go away and it's not something I've ever worried about. I'm sure you'll be fine.

Donna

Just when the caterpillar thought his world was
coming to an end..........God made him a
BUTTERFLY.
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 18, 2006 1:14 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, all. It started in the right eye, for the record. (Gosh, Medody, that is an awesome list. They left off allergies, however.)

Have appointment with eye doc tomorrow. Meantime, the eye started to itch and turned red. THen the other one caught it, too. I called the Pharmacist as I am wanting to claw them out of my head. She said there is some type of eye allergy going around in Chicago, and they cannot even keep the drops in stock, but she put some back for me and I ran over and got them. They helped A LOT! She said the prescription ones will help more. The air here is very bad.....there is nothing but mold in the air from all the rain (and that's not counting the pollen!). AND OF COURSE this is the first time I EVER did a lot of walking outside!! See what that gets you????

THanks again. THe eye doc may say different, but the allergy med is helping like I said. It doesn't jump as much since they started itching, but the lid is drooping and red.

Stau tuned for the "freak-time" spring in Chicago. I've seen people here go through this for years, I just never thought it would happen to me. Spring here stinks!!! Sad Sad

Margaret
londa

Quit Date:
July 28, 2004

PostPosted: May 18, 2006 8:27 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Margaret, glad to see you were able to get some help. I remember when I got back from GrandForks, I had allergies or something. My eys, nose, ears, itch, itch, itch!!!!

The pollen is so strong this year. Everything is in bloom.

Hope this is all that it is, allergies and the doc can maybe give you stronger medicine to have it go away quicker.

God Bless!

By the way, how are you recovering from surgery, doing better?

Love, Londa

My name is Londa. I am 57 and I act like I'm 20. I love to laugh and smile. The more the better. Being kind to someone is the best thing you can do.
Kerry

Quit Date:
May 4, 2004

PostPosted: May 18, 2006 10:26 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have fibro and I am a twitchin' sister!!
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 19, 2006 1:59 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry, thanks for confirming the Fibro part. I suspected that.

The itching is definitely Allergies!! The eye doctor called them "severe Seasonal Allergies!" And I definitely made it worse (or even caused it by doing all that walking outside! Shocked it seems like I just can't win! Rolling Eyes )

He suggested wrap around sun glassses at all times when outside until pollen season is over about the middle of June. Unfortunately, I just can't afford another pair of glasses right now, so I'm using the old ones I have. THey are heavy, but they were for Migraine and they do wrap, but fit over other glasses. (It's all too heavy.....I'll have to see what works out for that.)

Meantime, he gave me some good drops .....one kind, a steroid, to be using 4 times a day along with the ones from the drugstore (and he complimented my Pharmacist, and said she gave me some very good drops OTC), and another one for twice a day that is supposed to eventually prevent the allergy!! Smile Smile BUT....it takes 2 weeks to work, and the season will probably be over by then. The good news (fingers crossed big time here!!!....is that it is not in my nose or chest yet!! Still, maybe it wouldn't to use my Inhalors for a while.)

He also suggested I might want to stop walking outside for a while, but I just can't give that up! Then I would have to go to the gym twice a day, and once is enough! I walk an hour or more in the morning outside, and do another hour at the gym on the treadmill at night plus my regular exercise program at the gym. I am doing a lot!!

THe surgeon who did the hernia surgery says this is very good and what he wants, and to keep doing it. Meantime, the pain is a little better, but still there. The surgeon said it is not usually this painful, but the pain is in the place where he would expect it to be, so it is probably just going to take more time.

Well, I have to answer a few posts. I may not can stay on the computer much, because my eyes start to burn, so if you don't see me, I will be back as much as I can.

Thanks for your help!! Smile

Margaret
londa

Quit Date:
July 28, 2004

PostPosted: May 19, 2006 7:00 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Margaret, your quit a trooper! Your an inspiration to us all!
You have such energy, you stay positive, when it starts getting tough!

Your just great!

I love calling you my friend!

Love, Londa

My name is Londa. I am 57 and I act like I'm 20. I love to laugh and smile. The more the better. Being kind to someone is the best thing you can do.
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 21, 2006 2:43 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Londa,

What a lovely thing to say! I was so touched by reading this post. I don't ever see myself as anything special. But it was so joyous to have you say you loved being my freind! Me, too!! You and I need to get together in person. Let's try hard this summer. I love you very much, and you are the sweetest and kindest person I have ever met.

Your forever friend,

Margaret
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: