quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tough Times and Good Times

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > life beyond the smokescreen
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: May 26, 2006 4:05 PM    Post subject: Tough Times and Good Times Reply with quote

Very Happy Hi all,

When I look back at the past of my many years as a smoker I wonder how could I have wasted so many good years. I lived in a constant state of denial and a behind a thick smoke screen. As taken from my buddy's blog a quote from AA is what I have been relying on.

"We are not cured of addiction. What we really have is a daily reprieve contingent on the maintenance of our spiritual condition."

Many a night when I thought I could not make it I prayed, I relied on my spiritual faith. As quoted from the book, "Out of the Ashes,"

"When all else fails, rely on faith."

Even if some one does not believe in a higher power, there can still be faith and a spiritual condition.

Now is the time to move on with my life and focus on the now. The bad nights are decreasing in frequency now and the good ones are starting to mutiply. I'm still scared as the devil of the future but I will face that fear head on. If I can face a powerful addiction as nicotine I can face anything. Then at the same time I am all excited about my future. Hey, life can be like that some time. My grandma use to say, "if life was fun all the time it would be mighty boring."

Blessings,

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 26, 2006 8:07 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is life though, isn't it? scary and exciting at the same time. keep up your good attitude, barbara. Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: May 26, 2006 8:16 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Yea it is Kevin, and thank you.

Blessings,

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > life beyond the smokescreen All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: