quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Do they owe me? hehe

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > inspirations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimotter

Quit Date:
November 19, 2003

PostPosted: July 12, 2006 6:24 PM    Post subject: Do they owe me? hehe Reply with quote

I did some funny calculations this morning. If I took the price per drag, roughly 0.02 cents in my case, times the estimated, a rough estimate, the number of times I took a drag off of a smoke, I would have $4,380,000 in my back pocket. Wonder if I can convince Phillip Morris that is what they owe me for getting me hooked? Nah. Just a thought.
Jim

Never give up on yourself. We are so worth the effort. Smoking creates nothing but misery for us and those around us. Smoking is socially unacceptable everywhere we go.
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: July 12, 2006 7:17 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Jim,

Wow! What a huge hefty amount of money.

blessings,

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: July 13, 2006 12:55 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gosh, Jim, I think I will get out my calculator! IF we all sue at the same time, we can break these tobacco companies for good! Laughing Laughing

P.S. It may take me a while to figure this out.....never too good at Math! Laughing Just how do you figure how many puffs on one cig?

BTW: They are $7.54 a pack here in Chicago. But they were only $3.50 a pack when I quit over 2 years ago. I can't see how people stay addicted at those prices???? Shocked (Well, yes, when one is addicted, that's the name of the game, I guess.....doing anything for a fix. I AM SOOOO GLAD I DON'T GO THERE ANY MORE!) Very Happy

FYI: I asked about the price of cigs one day, because I realized my "treats" were not keeping up with the prices! I need bigger and better things for myself! Laughing

Margaret
Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: July 13, 2006 8:54 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not send them a bill, Jim? See what you get back, at least it would be good for a laugh!

Hey, and I wouldn't be too rough on big tobacco. After all, we're the ones who supported them all those years. After all, they even TELL us that smoking is harmful to us, right on the side of the package...and we still did it. (and many still do).

FIVE + years of freedom and loving it!
jimotter

Quit Date:
November 19, 2003

PostPosted: July 13, 2006 4:18 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Margaret
I used the basic formula from FFS - 10 puffs per smoke, divided the cost of a pack by 20 and than that by 10 and came up with the .02 cents.

Pamela
I should email them a bill but my email address was blocked a couple years ago by the taobacco companies. I was inspireed back then by howrdl and I tried to take on the industry all by myself, they finally just blocked my email address. I could create another email address, but really no point as I got my point of view known to them back then.

Never give up on yourself. We are so worth the effort. Smoking creates nothing but misery for us and those around us. Smoking is socially unacceptable everywhere we go.
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: July 13, 2006 5:53 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may never see any monetary statements from them but I would love to see the look on their face as they read your request...
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > inspirations All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: