quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

FIND A HOBBY TO DO INSTEAD OF SMOKING !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > taking action
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cricket63

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 28, 2004 12:13 PM    Post subject: FIND A HOBBY TO DO INSTEAD OF SMOKING ! Reply with quote

HI I AM WRITING THIS TO HELP THOSE OF YOU WHO NEED A LITTLE HELP IN QUITING I STOPPED SMOKING BECAUSE I HAVE HAD 5 OPEN HEART SURGERIES. BUT ALSO WITH THE MONEY I USED TO SPEND ON CIGS I NOW USE ON MY HOBBY WHICH IS MAKE JEWELERY AND IT IS FUN FOR ME IT KEEPS MY MIND BUSY AND MY HANDS BUSY AND THE MONEY GOESFOR SOMETHING FUN AND I GET TO KEEP LIVING INSTEAD OF DIEING AND I HATE TO BVE SO BLUNT BUT THIS IS THE ONLY WAY I CAN BUT IT IF YOU WANT A WAY TO KEEP YOUR SELF FROM GOING BACK THEN THINK OF LIFE THIS WAY IT IS BETTER TO Very Happy BECAUSE LIFE IS WORTH IT AND SO IS QUITING SMOKING AND YOU CAN BREATH ALOT BETTER TO. I HOPE THIS HELPS.
Leona

Quit Date:
June 1, 2017

PostPosted: June 28, 2004 5:33 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

cricket,

Hi you are so right the key to not smoking is one of the most important things we so often for get to do that is keep busy. Don't give ourselves time to thing about the old Laughing Demon Bexides if we keep busy then we are also helping ourselves to remain healthy. I also have a hobby which is working on crotcheting or listening to music of course I do both at the same time Very Happy

But do what works for you. And never give up the good fight always keep quiting and choose life one day at a time

Two months, two weeks, three days, 6 hours, 33 minutes and 38 seconds. 3130 cigarettes not smoked, saving $540.08. Life saved: 1 week, 3 days, 20 hours, 50 minutes.

Quiting smoking is like a fine wine ......
It just gets better with age.
Mindy

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 8, 2006 11:17 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also found that making beaded jewelry helped me too....and like you said, with the $$ saved I was able to do it!
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: September 2, 2006 2:46 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy My hobby was books but not the kind you would think. I lived to the days I could buy a book online to help me learn something that interested me.

Blessings,

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Free

Quit Date:
May 12, 2006

PostPosted: September 2, 2006 2:08 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Replacing our bad habit (smoking) with healthy habits is essential to our quits imo.

I'm glad you found something you enjoy so much.

For me it has been exercising, doing more things with my kids, getting more done in a day than before and getting more involved in my faith.

Become addicted to constant and never ending self improvement.

The difference between a mountain and a molehill is your perspective.

Realize that true happiness lies within you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > taking action All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: