quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Denial ain't just a river in Egypt
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 31, 2006 11:29 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lori-

FIVE + years of freedom and loving it!
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 31, 2006 2:02 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

lori wrote:
(PS Kevin, thanks for the super-cool new smileys!)

you're welcome, lori!

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: August 31, 2006 9:05 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lori,

Boy, I can relate to what you said. I had gained all my weight in my stomach and I believe the only reason why no asked me if I am pregnant is because of my age. You can conquer this as you did many years ago and recently did with smoking.

Blessings,

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Lori

Quit Date:
March 18, 2006

PostPosted: September 1, 2006 1:44 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Barb -- I really appreciate it!
Tammy

Quit Date:
February 16, 2004

PostPosted: September 2, 2006 12:23 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lori I know just how you feel. Before the quit I was already over weight.I also gained weight after the quit. Even though I have recently lost about 30 pounds (almost where I was before the quit), A lady told me the other day that I had a big butt. Laughing At first it hurt my feelings because I have been so faithful in eating right and instead of her noticing the weight loss (which she did not) she said I had a big butt. Once I thought about it though it made me more determined to continue on eating right and I will get the rest of this weight off of me. I feel sorry for her that she does not know any better than to be so rude to another person. Even if it's true shame on her.

Quitting was worth every pound I have gained. It will come off and I will be free so worth it all so worth it!

Tammy
Free and loving it!
Lori

Quit Date:
March 18, 2006

PostPosted: September 2, 2006 6:42 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tammy,

Yes, shame on her!! I will never understand what possesses some people to say stuff like that! Good for you for seeing it for what it was though and laughing it off with your success. You go girl! Congrats to you! The stories all of you have shared with me have helped so much! They have been both reassuring and inspiring.

Lori
ms_tapestry

Quit Date:
October 21, 2009

PostPosted: September 3, 2006 7:27 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lori, I've been Quit for a while but still stop by to read from time to time. I came across this in an email the other day and it seemed to fit. I gave myself about three months or so to eat anything and everthing I wanted. I concentrated solely on getting Quit. And then I continued my "take care of Tonya" program. Quitting was only the beginning. I started walking, and the more i walked the better i felt, mentally, physically and emotionally. I began to chang the things I ate, trying to concentrate on whole grained foods, fruits and veggies instead of sugar and fried foods. This also made me feel better. I guess I'm trying to say that it was a gradual process, a healing process if you will. Know that you are beautiful and do the things that make you healthy and fit and happy. You deserve it! Keep listening to your body. It will tell you the things you need to do to make you happy. Hugs. . . Cool

GOOD APPLES

------------------Girls-----------------
-----------are like apples------------
-------on trees. The best ones------
-----are at the top of the tree.-----
---The boys don't want to reach---
--for the good ones because they'--
-re afraid of falling and getting hurt.-
-Instead, they get the rotten apples-
from the ground that aren't as good,
but easy. So the apples up top think
something wrong w/them when in
-reality they're amazing. They just--
---have to wait for the right boy to---
---- come along, the one who's----
----------- brave enough to-----

---------------climb all---------
---------------the way--------
--------------to the top--------
-------------of the tree.---------

You have been hit. You have been considered One of the 15 MOST BEAUTIFUL WOMEN on my friends list. KNOW U ARE BEAUTIFUL!!

Tonya

You must do the very thing you think you cannot do.
~ Eleanor Roosevelt
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: September 4, 2006 1:07 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I am glad to know I am in the normal range on the weight gain...I am sorry you got your feelings hurt about it though.....people can be cruel and not even be aware of it...

I need to be and feel healthy...I don't really care about the pounds but rather how my clothes fit and how I feel in them...believe me, everyone wants me to be in them... Laughing Laughing Laughing ok, you know the joke about the old woman whose huband said she needed to iron her clothes when he saw her naked don't you? Laughing Laughing

Just stay quit and enjoy life...
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
Lori

Quit Date:
March 18, 2006

PostPosted: September 4, 2006 10:42 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tonya, I really needed that advice -- to view this as a gradual healing process! Thank you so much.

Kay, you just utterly crack me up!! Thanks for the laugh! Yeah, my feelings were hurt, but that didn't prevent me from seeing the humor in the situation!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: