quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Questions!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BFS

Quit Date:
October 28, 2005

PostPosted: October 3, 2006 7:22 PM    Post subject: Questions!!! Reply with quote

I didn't know where to put this, so I put it in this forum... hope that's OK. I have a couple of questions regarding how this place works. First of all, how do I add a signature? Am I stupid or what because I see that everyone else has one and I have looked all over this site for the option to add a signature and can't find it anywhere!

Question #2 - My quit date is Oct. 28, 2005, but in my profile, it says October 27th. Now, when I post, it's correct under my name by my picture, but if you click on my name and look there, under quit date, it says the 27th. Why? I went in to modify my profile, but it was correct there... it's just wrong in that one place.

Thanks a bunch for helping me figure this stuff out!
BFS

Quit Date:
October 28, 2005

PostPosted: October 3, 2006 7:33 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

One other question... where do you fill out all of your personal info if you want to... like where you are, IM addresses and stuff like that?
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: October 3, 2006 10:47 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

i guess this is as good a place as any... Wink

answers to questions 1 and 3: you can't add a signature, website, im, etc., because you haven't got 10 posts yet (this is an anti-spambot measure; see the post titled "foiling the spambots" in the "news" forum for details). once you've made 10 posts, those items will be made available to you.

answer 2: you may need to change your time zone preference in your profile; when i look at your profile, i see the 28th.

hope this helps. Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
BFS

Quit Date:
October 28, 2005

PostPosted: October 3, 2006 10:59 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin,

Thank you for explaining about the 10 posts thing. But I had the right time zone, and it's STILL showing up as October 27, 2005 when I click on my profile. If you just look at the date under my picture here on this post, it says the right date... but if you click on my name to look at my profile, THAT is where it's saying October 27, 2005. Am I the only one who sees this? Is it right for everyone else?
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: October 4, 2006 8:23 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm.... i still see the 28th wherever i look; i'll have to think about it some more...

(scratches head, logs off, looks around, gets it, comes back...)

here's what i've noticed: when i'm logged in, i see the correct date in both places, but when i'm not logged in, i see the 27th on your profile page.

there's a reason for this, but the bottom line is, if you're logged in, they should agree; if you're not logged in, they may not (you can just take my word for this and stop reading here, or you can read on for more details than you'd ever want):

this is because, on topic pages (for example, this page), the date is formatted to the global default (i.e., everybody's date looks the same; for instance, "October 28, 2005" or "November 19, 2001"), while on the profile page, the date is formatted the way the individual user chooses to have it formatted (which, in most cases, will be the same as above - because that's the global default - but not necessarily; it can be changed in your profile)...

so...

on topic pages, whether you're logged in or not, your quit date will be formatted the to the global default. if you are logged in, the actual date will be based on your time zone preference, but if not, it'll be based on the board's global default time zone setting (which is eastern standard time).

on your profile page, when you're logged in, the software computes your quit date based on your time zone and date format preferences, but when you're not logged in, it computes your quit date by using the default format and greenwich mean time, which may put you on another date, depending on when you look at it.

hope this helps.

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
BFS

Quit Date:
October 28, 2005

PostPosted: October 4, 2006 9:22 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm logged in and it still says the 27th. I didn't change any of the defaults on my profile page (because I'm not computer literate enough to even know what they ARE much less CHANGE them). No big deal. So I quit a day early? Smile Thanks for your help Kevin.
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: October 4, 2006 12:02 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

you're welcome...

and i'm puzzled...

but if you can live with it, so can i. Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
BFS

Quit Date:
October 28, 2005

PostPosted: October 4, 2006 12:53 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can live with it... but if it was the other direction, I might not be able to!!! I earned every day on my meter dangit! Smile Thanks again for your help!

Making life worth living!

Rejoice in your freedom rather than mourn for your slavery!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > suggestions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: