quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

My Name is Nicotine

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > inspirations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimotter

Quit Date:
November 19, 2003

PostPosted: July 25, 2006 11:17 PM    Post subject: My Name is Nicotine Reply with quote

I wish I could claim this one, but I can't, I thought tho' that it was worth sharing.

My name is Nicotine. This is my story. For many years no one knew I was a killer. I am very cunning, while looking so innocent. I am dressed in a white wrapper. I think my shape is great. I am long, slender and easy to hold. This is great for the 90's (or today's) image. I've come a long way baby. Billions of dollars have been spent to keep me looking good.

My favorible image is an illusion. My addictive power is reality. My advertising team has worked very hard to continue to present me as a positive influence in daily life. I have been showcased as making men strong, sexy, and full of life. I have been packaged to make women think they are sexy, daring, and provocative. It took longer to get the women to use me, but in time I won them over.

I am a liar. I tell you that you can enjoy and be more comfortable in every situation if you use, I am always there for you when you are bored, nervous, or upset. I will tell you how cool you appear while you smoke me, how good I taste. I especially like to tell younger folks how much I can do for them. I lie.

I have some friends and associates: Caffeine, Alcohol, cough medicine, and Mouthwash. I make money for a lot of other industries, beyond the tobacco folks. Doctors love me too.

Now caffeine, alcohol and I go way back. We have worked together on almost everyone. You may think you can get rid of us, but we will make your life miserable if you try. I will cause people to leave their homes in the middle of the night in search of me.

I am powerful once I have you, I will require a lot of your time. I need to have ashtrays and lighters. I make a mess as my ashes drop on your carpet, car seat, furniture and loved ones. It delights me to see the little burn marks in your expensive clothes, furniture, counter tops and carpets.

Did I mention how awful I smell? I have a particular aroma that will linger in your hair, clothes, and your furniture. I can turn your car into an ashtray. I will mark you.

I am an addiction. I tried for a long time not to let this secret get out. It was bad enough when people said I was a nasty habit. Now everyone knows I am an addiction. Once I get in your grasp, you can not easily put me down. If you try I will make your stomach crawl, I will give you bad headaches, the shakes, and make you nervous. Once you are addicted to me I own you.

I have no conscience. Loyalty is important to everyone. I certainly enjoy your loyalty to me. Do not ever be confused that you have mine. I will have you standing outside in the rain or bitter cold for a few precious puffs while others enjoy the comforts of staying indoors.

I am demanding. You will walk away from loved ones to get your fix. You will try to hold babies in one hand while grasping me in the other. I will make you uncomfortable with people who do not smoke.

I am a killer. I will take your breath away. I will eat your lungs. I will render you voiceless. I will cause you bad sinus problems. I will embaress you with the ugly cough I give you. I will make you not able to walk up a flight of stairs without having a hard time breathing. I will hurt your loved ones around you who don't even use me or have a choice.

My name is Nicotine. I am an addictive and powerful DRUG!!!

Jim

Never give up on yourself. We are so worth the effort. Smoking creates nothing but misery for us and those around us. Smoking is socially unacceptable everywhere we go.
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: July 25, 2006 11:26 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

good one, jim! Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: July 26, 2006 3:15 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boy, Jim, I wonder who DID write this! It really brought back the awful memories for me.....which is good, 'cause I don't ever want to forget!

Thanks for posting it!

I remember those trips out in the middle of the night.....driving sometimes for a long time looking for anything open, just to find that poison! Seems like another person.....but the demon is everywhere.....thank God more and more people are getting out of his clutch! And I pray I don't ever go back there. I don't think I will because I have reached the point I really enjoy not smoking so much......still, one must ever be vigilant with a killer like this!!

Margaret
Free

Quit Date:
May 12, 2006

PostPosted: July 26, 2006 2:59 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a special finger for Ol' Mr. Nicotine. Can anyone guess which one it is? LOL!

Great post.

Become addicted to constant and never ending self improvement.

The difference between a mountain and a molehill is your perspective.

Realize that true happiness lies within you.
jimotter

Quit Date:
November 19, 2003

PostPosted: July 26, 2006 6:50 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Free
The saying "can you read between the lines" while extending my out reached hand ring a bell.
Jim

Never give up on yourself. We are so worth the effort. Smoking creates nothing but misery for us and those around us. Smoking is socially unacceptable everywhere we go.
Free

Quit Date:
May 12, 2006

PostPosted: July 26, 2006 11:11 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

A+ for jimotter! heh!

Become addicted to constant and never ending self improvement.

The difference between a mountain and a molehill is your perspective.

Realize that true happiness lies within you.
foxy1948

Quit Date:
May 6, 2006

PostPosted: August 1, 2006 11:33 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome post Jim....thanks Very Happy

"Live,Free and Clear"
IveyGirl

Quit Date:
August 30, 2006

PostPosted: September 2, 2006 10:56 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Certainly needed to read that! My relapse has confirmed that I am a nicotine addict that has to stay far away from nicotine in order to recover and find some serenity in my life.....it depends on every aspect of my life coming together in harmony! My addiction must stop as it has made my life unmanageable!!

We are better than we know. If we can be made to see it, perhaps for the rest of our lives, we will be unwilling to settle for less.
-- Anonymous
Fightn4life

Quit Date:
October 23, 2003

PostPosted: October 15, 2006 9:33 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

My God does this read true. I am leaving a copy on the table for my hubby. Who knows...one day maybe something will trigger a quit for him.

Thanks Jim, one of the best I have read.

Sandyz

Free for 1088 days!

"Keep your heart open to dreams. For as long as there's a dream, there is hope, and as long as there is hope, there is joy in living."

~Anonymous
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > inspirations All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: