quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Miserable Mess

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: October 22, 2006 11:25 PM    Post subject: Miserable Mess Reply with quote

Well, I've been a miserable mess today. It began last evening with the bloating after drinking so much hot apple cider.

That is still hanging on...the bloat, nausea and feeling like I'm carrying around a ton of bricks. Couldn't wait to get the jeans off tonight and into a nice loose pair of warm pj pants. And then there's my gums which have been achy for a few days now. Been using more mouthwash through the day and asprin for pain.

All that is common, and to be expected. This I know. What I haven't ever experienced during this stage of the quit...is extreme light headedness, dizziness, and a ringing in the ears that comes and goes. Needless to say, I've been in the bed on and off all day. So, either my oxygen levels are super high or I might by coming down with something. Regardless, it's not fun. And throw in unusual amount of thoughts to go smoke...and well, where are those covers....I'm covering my head and going back to bed.

Later quit friends...see you in the morning.
Hugs

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: October 23, 2006 12:27 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

sleep...

Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: October 23, 2006 9:39 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin, yes, indeed, I did sleep! When the alarm went off, I thought, "already???" Laughing

The sun is shining for now, and I am feeling a lot better. Thank goodness! Stll a little weak feeling, but the head is clearer and the tummy is better. Lost the ton of bricks somewhere during the night.

And.....with this, got some new stuff floating around my brain! Most all of those problems could have been avoided IF I had been workng my quit instead of just letting the quit happen.

Instead of binging on carbs, should have been eating more greens.
Drinking more water to flush out the toxins.
And those thoughts...well, result of letting myself get too wore out and not harnessing them like wild horses, instead of allowing them to roam free.

One other thing...the sore gums...that's part of stress also. Noticed for a few mornings that when I wake I'm gritting my teeth together. I've never done this before in my life. It's a sure sign of stress. Stress has to be released...and my body decided for me that teeth grinding was the way. So, to counter the daily stress build up...going to play more music and relax more in the evening. Plus do some crafts...like crocheting, cross-stitich and scrapbooking.

Those are just a few ideas that popped in my head. There's more having to do with life in general...but I won't bore everyone with them.

Basically, need to WORK the quit, instead of just letting it happen as it goes along.

Here's to a good day with better outlooks and PLANS!

Hugs

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
Free

Quit Date:
May 12, 2006

PostPosted: October 23, 2006 11:48 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope you get to feeling better today.

Fondly,
Free

Become addicted to constant and never ending self improvement.

The difference between a mountain and a molehill is your perspective.

Realize that true happiness lies within you.
Melody

Quit Date:
August 19, 2004

PostPosted: October 23, 2006 12:18 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't believe working my quit was the rode I took. Knowing I Quit was what kept me on the path. Know in your heart it's done and I actually looked forward past the one day at a time to the Future where smoking would no longer have a pull on me. Well I'm there now and the path seemed never ending at first and then all of a sudden much like a holiday it was all over. I pray it will soon be all over for you. As to the gums I actually ended up with blood poisoning along the gum line when all the toxins were leaving my system so make sure to floss often and get a good mouth wash that your Doctor recommends or pharmacist for that matter. My doctor explained it like this the toxins need to surface and in some people they surface through the gums. Other's will nearly cough themselves to death for the first 6 to 9 months of a Quit. All of us react differently.All of this is a small price to pay as the alternative were the toxins would remain in your system until the day your body just couldn't hold anymore then real problems would have arose. I moaned and belly ached the first 4 months about my sore gums and now I'm glad it happened as it really forced me to take a hard look at the slow suicide I'd mapped out for myself. I know this time is hard and critical but keep focused you can do it. HUGS

I'm a NON-SMOKER thanks to everyone here
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: October 23, 2006 2:51 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Melody,

Now that you mentioned it, I do remember you having gum problems with the quit. UGHHHH! Wink Yeah, it's not fun. It even hurts to eat something. Have been using lots of mouthwash to keep away any possible infection. And the bottle of excedrin...yeah, been hitting it pretty hard too. I'm looking at it as all part of the price of being free. The gums swelled before in the past, but they didn't hurt this bad before. Oh well, just one of those things. Like they say..."this too will past". I'll keep on eye on it though. Blood poisoning at the gumline doesn't sound real pleasant! Shocked

Working the quit....just means getting over those "poor pity me" feelings and getting with the program to get on with life. Knowing certain things happen during the early part of the quit, and being ready for it, and not just letting it appear as some big surprise...working it. Like the bloat...I knew that happens, and here, silly me, instead of eating right...I just gave in to the eating carbs and sweets feeling that comes with the quit. Stuff like that. Believe me, I don't want to suffer through "the pull" any longer than possible. That's why I'm intent on living life as normal as possible as quickly as possible....you know, getting that replacement, reprograming stuff done with. And being intentional about it helps speed that up. That's it.

Believe me, Melody...you know what it's been like for me...and I'm done with it...I am quit! Wink But then...you've left a nice trail of bread crumbs for me to follow! Very Happy That helps alot!!!! Wink Cool Very Happy I've always admired your no nonsense and straight ahead approach.

I'll stay focused and thanks for the hug...I really needed one!

Love Ya

Living in Freedom
Deb

kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: October 23, 2006 4:46 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't it strange? We all seem to have different, yet similar, symptoms before our quit is set. I didn't have sore gums but had many other strange feelings and emotions.

Whatever you feel, Deb, please hang on tightly to that precious quit. You know you can do this.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Lori

Quit Date:
March 18, 2006

PostPosted: October 23, 2006 5:38 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, my gums have been bothering me occasionally. Nothing to make me snap to attention, but now that you mention it, I notice that it has been since I quit. And I never had gum problems before. Wow, who would have thunk it? Thanks for the tip, Melody.

Deb, hope you are feeling better today!
Sending you hugs and good vibes!
Very Happy Lori
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: October 23, 2006 8:19 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Free and Lori...thanks for the sweet "get better" thoughts and hug!

Jo...isn't it a hoot. All the things we go through to get to the "set" stage....please Jo...tell me when the insanity will end! Wink Laughing Laughing Anyway, I'm going to hold on through it all...sore gums, bloat, emotional roller coaster, ugly thoughts, "what the hells", and anything else in life...like Melody says...(if I may, Melody, borrow your phrase) QUIT means QUIT! Yep, Jo...I'm holding on tight. Wink Very Happy I just appreciate all of you guys who have stuck with me through all of it. You guys are true friends. Couldn't do it without all my Woofmang quit friends and buds.

Thanks! Holding on...day 16 in progress...and counting!

Love and Hugs

Living in Freedom
Deb

shevie

Quit Date:
May 23, 2005

PostPosted: October 23, 2006 9:33 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see you're feeling better today, Deb. Amazing what a good night's sleep can do for the attitude, isn't it?

Keep up the great quit! Very Happy
Shevie

If you study something in the right light, how can there be any darkness? Dave Gardner

Quit date: May 23, 2005
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: October 23, 2006 10:55 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deb, you can get something from your dentist calleed PerioMed that will take care of your gums. THey feel better right away. It is a little pricey, though, and you have to get it from the dentist.

My dentist was so pleased I quit that he gave me a discount on it! Smile

YOu are doing great! Keep that AWESOME quit going just like you are! Cool Smile

Margaret
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: