quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Just a dream...actually a nightmare

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: October 27, 2006 7:32 AM    Post subject: Just a dream...actually a nightmare Reply with quote

Ugh...I don't have smoking dreams very often - but it is disconcerting to wake up and realize what the dream was about...this one was different - I wasn't smoking in the dream...but I kept putting out cigarettes...that tap/tap/tap - smoosh in an ashtray. They were barely smoked cigarettes - it was a hospital type setting and I was going back an forth between my mom and my brother and putting out cigarettes one after the other. There wasn't enough time to smoke. I'm so glad I quit before they died and they were able to encourage me in my quitting. Their message to me in that terrible dream...there is no good reason to smoke - it distances us from the ones were love and it is a massive waste of time and money.

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
Lori

Quit Date:
March 18, 2006

PostPosted: October 27, 2006 8:29 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mary,

Quote:
Their message to me in that terrible dream...there is no good reason to smoke - it distances us from the ones were love and it is a massive waste of time and money.

Great interpretation!

Quote:
I don't have smoking dreams very often - but it is disconcerting to wake up and realize what the dream was about...

I know what you mean. I have only had a few dreams about smoking since I quit. Interestingly enough, I haven't actually smoked in any of those dreams. The dreams are always about wrestling with the thought (or once, the aftermath) of smoking, but they leave me feeling a little unnerved nonetheless.

I just had one about two weeks ago. I dreamed my husband and I were invited to go somewhere. I declined, but encouraged my husband to go without me. The reason -- I thought I would smoke while he was away! Once he left, part of me wanted to smoke, but most of me was scared to, so I kept postponing it by saying, "oh I'll just do this first, then I'll go smoke." I did this over and over until my husband returned. When I woke up, I was glad that I had not smoked in my dream, but still felt a bit unsettled by the whole thing.

I appreciate your post, Mary. Helps me put my own dream into a better perspective.

Smile Lori
Free

Quit Date:
May 12, 2006

PostPosted: October 27, 2006 10:32 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my smoking dreams ... I smoked. The first couple of smoking dreams I had bothered me. Some of them seemed so real that once I woke up I had to find proof that it was a dream and that I didn't smoke.

I wish I didn't have smoking dreams as I have no desire to be forced to smoke. That is what it seems like to me ... like smoking is being forced on me since I have no control over what I dream. But in reality I know I am a non smoker now, so the dreams don't bother me as much anymore.

Become addicted to constant and never ending self improvement.

The difference between a mountain and a molehill is your perspective.

Realize that true happiness lies within you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: