quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Philip Freakin Morris on my TV again............

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
howardl

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 2, 2004 12:07 AM    Post subject: Philip Freakin Morris on my TV again............ Reply with quote

Ok so, is it just me or has tobacco corp hit a new high in arrogance? I now have to contend with Philip "mass murderer" Morris coming on MY TV and telling me that kids who are spoken to regularly about NOT smoking tend not to smoke. Then I have to put up with this arrogant murdering son of a b*tch showing me his web address and where I can find info on HIS website about quitting smoking.

Whatever the content of the commercial it is still JUST that ......... a commercial for Philip Morris and his filth.

Is there absolutely NO end to having the arrogance of tobacco in our faces? Would you see FORD Motor company with information on its website telling us NOT to drive a Ford?

These people disgust me, 430,000 Americans (just Americans) will die this year of cigs. 4 million people world wide. Philip Morris will have a BIG hand in that carnage........... I guess putting a webpage up telling us to talk to our kids makes it ok?

We should all write to Philip freakin Morris and tell him to shove his website and the server it's on firmly up his ass. Enough of this crap. People are dying, long, slow, painful deaths out there........... and this guy is telling me to talk to my kids about not using his product. If my kids ever start to smoke, someone over at tobacco corp WILL pay, that's my promise.

Tomorrow I write this guy.......... and I write to my cable provider. Get this loser off my TV or I'm boycotting your cable service. We have to hit these people where it hurts, right in the pocket.

OK I'm done ranting ............. just wanted to get that off my chest.
thanks for reading Smile

stay strong, stay quit, stay free.
Howard
10 Months 2 Days 23 Hours 46 Minutes 51 Seconds / 6775 / $1,287.40 but who's counting ?

If you put your hand in the fire and you get burned, don't sue the guy that built the chimney.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 2, 2004 7:32 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw that new ad Howard, and how right you are. What gets me is that the gas prices are going through the roof, and people everywhere can complain about the prices. However, smokers are so addicted, that if cigarette prices go up....they just pay....because who's going to show any sympathy to a smoker!

If they were really serious about people not smoking, they'd show a picture of a diseased lung for 30 seconds.

FIVE + years of freedom and loving it!
Mindy

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 2, 2004 8:54 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I have not seen the new commercial yet, I agree. I hate to see any type of advertisement for Philip Morris or any other tobacco company.
It is disgusting,
Carla

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 2, 2004 9:32 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that coming up with a program to stop kids from smoking is part of their settlement agreement.

Carla
Quit Date: January 4, 2004
Leona

Quit Date:
June 1, 2017

PostPosted: June 2, 2004 9:47 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that anything that philip morris puts out is anything but sincere but on the other hand anything that actually gets our kids to not smoke might be a blessing in disquise?? I am not saying that they are right and they they should sell this dealth on a stick. But on the other hand if this is part of their settle ment agreement it can't be all bad look at the silver lining it could actually get our kids to quit or not start smoking does it really matter where it is coming from???
I am not advocating Philip Morris but am saying there is always a silver lining in a black cloud. Instead of using this as a negative use it as a positive and get our kids there to work either on quiting or not starting to begin with.

But this is just my opinion and you can feel think and do as you see fit. I dislike them as much as anyone else and do not want our kids to smoke but again our kids have got to not want to smoke too. And it is another source of "education"

One month, three weeks, 22 hours, 47 minutes and 28 seconds. 2077 cigarettes not smoked, saving $358.45. Life saved: 1 week, 5 hours, 5 minutes.

Quiting smoking is like a fine wine ......
It just gets better with age.
Zuzu

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 2, 2004 12:05 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howard,

I see it differently.

-Zuzu
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: June 2, 2004 1:56 PM    Post subject: Another Upset Reply with quote

Howard,

I don't appreciate the ads done by the tobacco companies either. They are very disturbing to we who know the damage their products can, and do, inflict.

However, what bothers me even more is to see young people smoking. I'd love to walk up to them and tell them, in a kind way, what they're doing to their health. Of course, they wouldn't listen; I wouldn't have listened when I was their age but we didn't have all this information then (I'm 67).

When I was young, actors protraying doctors advertised cigarettes on TV. How were we to know of the dangers.

Didn't mean to rant but guess I have. Thanks for letting me. Confused

Living free for 1M, 3W, 1D, 15H, 25M & loving it.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Tammy

Quit Date:
February 16, 2004

PostPosted: June 3, 2004 12:42 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howard, an ad was running a few months ago from philip morris saying if you want to quit smoking visit Philip Morris.com. I found the Freedom From Smoking Online program through that site. All I can say is I may not be free today if it had not been for the ad on TV. However that being said it does un-nerve me that I had to find out about the site through them.

Also, their running the ad's is part of the settlement. So I say let them spend some of their profits on advertising. One less boat, house or car they get to buy.

Tammy
Free and loving it!
jimotter

Quit Date:
November 19, 2003

PostPosted: June 3, 2004 5:50 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.emediaplan.com/admunch/Archives/antismoking2.asp
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: