quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Feeling Good

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > life beyond the smokescreen
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: December 12, 2006 11:37 AM    Post subject: Feeling Good Reply with quote

Well, it's time for the mid-morning break. Today's the first day, I've felt half way normal, since having the cold. Needless to say, as I'm working the usual routine, those trigger moments have popped up here and there. Just notice them and then going on about the business at hand.

Day 5, and I've noticed a couple of things....mainly, how dirty my house is...ugh! Rolling Eyes Maybe it's the fact that while smoking, I probably just ignored my surroundings to a certain extent. Or, maybe, noticed it, but didn't want to deal with it...you know that put-off till later mentality that creeps in with the addiction. I mean, who wants to actually get up and do something, when one is just immensed in sitting and puffing on that smoke, one after another. Smoking is definitely a huge hindrance and weight that needs to be shed. And since, I've shed that weight, my eyes are focusing on other things...like this house could use a good deep cleaning.

It's not only that, the mind is filled with all the possiblities of things to do and accomplish. Stuff that I want to get done...not just the house. Like visiting with people more, writing, reading more, craft projects, just all kinds of stuff. I'm feeling good today. Like energy, but even that isn't the proper word...because I do still feel a bit tried from being sick. A better word would be motivation. A motivation to accomplish and achieve is kicking in. I noticed today, I'm standing taller and straighter also. Because the weight, the heaviness has lifted...the ball and chain isn't pulling me down any longer. Freedom...freedom to actually be me. That, my friends, is a great feeling to me.

So, I'm pumped up and excited. Life is good and it's good to be free!!!

Love Ya All

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
texas2step

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: December 12, 2006 1:25 PM    Post subject: Ut Oh Reply with quote

Holy Cow Deb..... do NOT tell my husband that now that I am quit smoking I should be a better housekeeper -Wink at my age I clean the important things and try to overlook everything else.....

Well you sound great today lady, that's a good thing. Keep the spirit and keep the quit moving forward.

Have a great day, I'm off to see what housework I can avoid -Wink

Texas

"You can't always have happiness, but you can always give happiness."
Anonymous

Quit: 8/14/06
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: December 12, 2006 1:50 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Don't worry Texas, your housekeeping secret is safe with me. Wink Laughing But, hey, don't you enjoy the opportunity to avoid that housework for other things in life, instead of smoking? That's living! Cool Housework or not...just doing something we enjoy beyond the smoke!!! Cool

Thanks...and you have a great day, too! Very Happy

Hugs

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: December 12, 2006 2:20 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: December 12, 2006 9:10 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Deb, glad to hear you had a nice day.

Texas, I tend to do like you with the housework. I can understand how hard it gets when we are unable.

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: December 12, 2006 11:39 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas, you are too funny~! Laughing

Deb, don't start worrying about housecleaning too much. That can get stressful.

But I sure am glad you are feeling better!! WTG!! Very Happy Very Happy

Margaret
THREEGRAND

Quit Date:
March 28, 2004

PostPosted: December 13, 2006 4:23 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

deb, you sound up today.........good for you.......your doing GREAT Exclamation gail
Dene

Quit Date:
December 4, 2006

PostPosted: December 23, 2006 10:18 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Deb,
I'm about 4 days ahead of you in my quit, keep going I'm really starting to see to the other side. You are doing great, look at how far you have come! Very Happy This site has been a very big help for me. To hear from others who have gone through what we are going through now, shows me all this early stuff will pass. I will be looking for your posts.
Hugs,
Dene Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > life beyond the smokescreen All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: