quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Back from vacation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > stories, essays, rambles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jlf/Jeri

Quit Date:
November 12, 2003

PostPosted: June 3, 2004 1:32 PM    Post subject: Back from vacation Reply with quote

Hello to everyone!

I am back from vacation and so happy to see all you wonderful quitters have stayed so strong and so supportive and I'm even happier to see that all have kept their precious quits!

Our vacation was wonderful! New Orleans is a great city ( what wonderful food!) and Nassau and the Bahamas are beautiful beyond belief! With virtually no visable pollution and waters so clear you can actually see fish while you are swimming, it was a dream come true! Neither I nor my husband wanted to return. We could have easily stayed on those timeless islands forever!

I returned to work on Tuesday only to work all day and then be told that my position had been eliminated! That was a shock and no, I was not prepared for it! I had been asking about receiving my accrued vacation pay and it was then I was told I no longer had a job. I did receive my paycheck and now I must begin again, searching for work. While I am terrified at the prospect of looking for a job at my age, I will none the less put myself out there in the employment market.

I am doing my best to hang onto the belief that some good will come from this and that I can overcome this as well. I mean, I quit smoking, didn't I? A very good buddy and friend reminded me that when a door closes, a window also opens so I will be searching for that window of opportunity. Yes, the Phoenix will continue to rise and will continue to soar!

I did want to let you all know that I am back and while I may not be able to spend as much time on these boards, I think of you all often and I wish all of you the absolute, very best!

It's so good to see you all here and still quit. Just knowing this has given me my smile for the day! Very Happy

Bless you all!

Jeri
Six months, three weeks, 12 hours, 29 minutes and 5 seconds. 6105 cigarettes not smoked, saving $1,278.86. Life saved: 3 weeks, 4 hours, 45 minutes.
Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 3, 2004 1:42 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeri, glad you're back safe and sound, and had a terrific vacation before the ba....ards blew you away. It's happened to me...only they made me let people below me go....then let me go. Nice, huh?

Although it seems devasting now...you're friend is right. i've never made a major life change....either by choice or dictate....that didn't work out well for me.

I don't know what you do for a living.....but just know that if there is anything I can do to help at all, just say the word. Hey, you never know where that next opportunity will come from!

In the meantime, take stock and take care! And keep that precious quit!

FIVE + years of freedom and loving it!
Paula

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 4, 2004 1:08 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jeri... Welcome Back
Its good to see you again. I was missing ya!!!...

Sorry about the job snafu.... big hug - I know all about it personally. Let me know what you are interested in, and I will keep my eyes opened for you. I'm currently doing some job hunting, and looking at work changes too.

So glad to see you back!
Your Sacramento Pal
~Paula

p.s. check out hotjobs.com - there are some great job listings in our area.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tammy

Quit Date:
February 16, 2004

PostPosted: June 4, 2004 1:28 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeri, Glad you are back and that you enjoyed your vacation, The Bahamas are beautiful. Sorry about the job not a nice hting to come home to after a wonderful trip. You are a sweetheart and you'll find something just perfect for you. Don't be a stranger. I missed you.

Tammy
Free and loving it!
jlf/Jeri

Quit Date:
November 12, 2003

PostPosted: June 4, 2004 1:00 PM    Post subject: Thanks you guys! Reply with quote

Pam, Paula and Tammy,

Thanks you three for all of your encouragement and for the warm welcome back!

It's great to "see" you all again! Paula, thanks for the tip on hotjobs.com. I'm going to check it out as soon as I'm finished here.

I've updated my resume and I'm mentally preparing myself for this next challenge. Thanks so much for your help and support.

You guys are the best! Have a great day! Very Happy

Jeri
Six months, three weeks, one day, 11 hours, 59 minutes and 58 seconds. 6134 cigarettes not smoked, saving $1,285.02. Life saved: 3 weeks, 7 hours, 10 minutes.
bjj

Quit Date:
April 7, 2004

PostPosted: June 4, 2004 7:02 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jeri,
I am so sorry about your job. Something very similar happened to me about 15 years ago. I can not say I think it was for the best since it took awhile to recover emotionaly and financialy, but it has worked out well in the long run. I honestly think I am happier now than I would have been with my previous employment. I hope things work out well for you. Remember the old saying, "success is the best form of revenge." I wish you huge success!

Bonnie

"Always think of what you have to do as easy and it will become so".
Emile Coue
Kissimee

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 6, 2004 3:13 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so glad you're back! I'm also so proud of you hanging on to that beautiful quit!

That window will probably hold a better job with shorter hours and better pay that you'll be able to take all of us here at woofmang to the Bahamas. Laughing

Tracy

I can NOT control the addiction because if I could, it would NOT be an addiction...BUT I can control ME, the addict.
~Tracy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > stories, essays, rambles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: