quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Stinky parents

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hope

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: February 20, 2007 11:38 AM    Post subject: Stinky parents Reply with quote

there i was,playing in the snow with my friend's children, at a specially designated sleding park. And there's a couple with their child - maybe 6 or 7 years old - one parent at the top of the slope helping him into the sledge, and another at the bottom ready to catch him.....both constantly with a ciggie stuck to their bottom lips. Not only was it rediculous looking, but stank out the playground. OK, we were outside, but it was slap bang in the middle of a childrens play area!!!!!
Plus, what if the child had slammed right into them? (very possible, i'm bruised...) it could've been burnt hair all round.

urgh, it stank. i was so glad to not be scummy like that.

Hope
essie662

Quit Date:
April 14, 2004

PostPosted: February 20, 2007 1:52 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't it amazing how, now that we're quit, we can see how "yuck" that cig looks hanging there on the bottom lip and how horrible it smells around the things Shocked Never want to go back!

Essie
4/14/04
alleghany

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: February 21, 2007 12:10 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so with you. I am now off to the cleaners. I made the huge mistake of eating Mardi Gras dinner at a restaurant that had a bar/smoking section.

I keep vowing never again will I go to a restaurant that allows smoking. But, I was lored by the temptation of the restaurant having gotten a new chef from Lousianna. What a mistake. Embarassed Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Smoking stinks (and now is costing me money in dry cleaning....urgh!!!!).

OK, positive note....at least I don't smoke. Cool

Face your fears.
Quit date: June 6, 2004
jahunta

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: February 21, 2007 12:28 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will never understand how adults (and most of them KNOW that smoking isn't good for themselves OR their kids) will smoke around their children in such close proximity. But then, it's all about the addiction and addiction makes you not so smart like that. It's just sad to hear that kind of story.

Quitting is Living!!!
QD: 2/15/04
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: