quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

day 4 and i really want one!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jlynn931

Quit Date:
September 22, 2016

PostPosted: February 23, 2007 9:21 PM    Post subject: day 4 and i really want one!! Reply with quote

i don't know why this is so much harder for me this time around. i was looking back at a journal from day 4 the last time and it was so much better than this. all day i've been thinking about how badly i want one. the only thing stopping me from getting in my car and going to the store right now is the fact that it is FREEZING outside and there is snow on my car. but that excuse can't last all night, because my roommate is moving back to Maine tomorrow and i promised her i'd go out for a little while. all these excuses are flying through my mind right now. i feel like i just wasn't really ready for it this time around. i'm starting to feel very hopeless. i haven't smoked but i've failed at this so many times before that it just feels like i won't make it. i know that it doesn't help to think that way and if anything it is only going to make things worse, but my mind is not very clear or rational right now.
going to take a nice hot shower and hope this goes away.
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: February 23, 2007 9:37 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

the thing is, you can't have one: if you take one back, you have to take them all back. just wait; it'll go away, all by itself.

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: February 23, 2007 10:06 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

its your choice Jenny....stay quit....choose freedom - or smoke and return to the chains of addiction. It'll never be easier - waiting for the "perfect" time is just an excuse - not really a reason - but you know that...remind yourself of what you really want and why you want it....I hope you choose life! Just for today...and choose again in the morning....one day at a time!

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
swaneem

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: February 23, 2007 11:59 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jenny,

You're only in the 4th day...you know the drill of "hell week"....quiting takes determination and when that urge comes...choosing not to smoke.

You can't compare this to a previous attempt....don't look back and start believing it's become harder.

The fact is you're up against a powerful addiction but if you just move one step at a time...you WILL ARRIVE....it's impossible not to. It's actually very simple....just NEVER TAKE ANOTHER PUFF.

The freedom that you will experience....of not running through and missing life just for another "fix"....is worth every bit of effort.

You're young...with a life full of adventures and possibilites in front of you...relish every moment of it.

You can do this, Jenny!

Donna

Just when the caterpillar thought his world was
coming to an end..........God made him a
BUTTERFLY.
Deb

Quit Date:
February 5, 2010

PostPosted: February 24, 2007 9:18 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jenny,

I agree with the others. We all know, that this is a tough addiction to beat. Don't look back on other quits, live in the moment.

Remember one day at a time and it will get better. I'm almost hitting the 2 month mark and I'm still suffering sometimes. I believe that even though it get's easier, it will be a life long battle. We have to decide what we want and go for it without any regrets.

You can do it Jenny........Post we are here for you. Very Happy
Deb
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: February 24, 2007 10:54 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jenny read and re-read everything written by all the caring people who have answered your post. No one told us quitting was going to be easy; just that quitting was going to be worth the effort. And, believe me, it really is. Life without being tied to a wad of nicotine wrapped in cheap paper really is freedom and you're going to love being free.

One step at a time, Jenny, and keep posting. Find something to keep your hands busy. Just don't take that first puff.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
jahunta

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: February 24, 2007 6:17 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Jen,

Kevin's right. Just chill, do something productive, and it'll go away...

Quitting is Living!!!
QD: 2/15/04
Lori

Quit Date:
March 18, 2006

PostPosted: February 25, 2007 7:31 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jenny,

I love what Jo (kannprint) said. I want to echo it, because it's such an important message:

Quote:
No one told us quitting was going to be easy; just that quitting was going to be worth the effort. And, believe me, it really is.

Truer words have never been spoken! I found that deep breathing really helped me work through the capital-c Craves. As for all the accompanying sadness, frustration, loneliness, boredom, etc., just try to find something, anything to DO. You'll be amazed at how much fret-free time can be found in cleaning out that closet, drawing a picture, catching up on personal correspondence.

Hang in there, Jenny! The benefits are worth the struggle. As Booker T. Washington once said, “Nothing ever comes to one, that is worth having, except as a result of hard work.”

You are doing a lot of hard work. Be proud.
Lori
Tammy

Quit Date:
February 16, 2004

PostPosted: February 25, 2007 8:35 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jenny, The urge to smoke always always passes. Take a deep breath and look at your reasons to quit list.

Tammy
Free and loving it!
londa

Quit Date:
July 28, 2004

PostPosted: February 26, 2007 7:28 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just say no. It really does get easier. Recognize and embrace the desire for what it is. For that is all it is. You will be so happy when you are no longer being ruled by this liar.

You hang in there!

Love, Londa

My name is Londa. I am 57 and I act like I'm 20. I love to laugh and smile. The more the better. Being kind to someone is the best thing you can do.
moose200x

Quit Date:
May 11, 2009

PostPosted: May 29, 2007 10:05 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

.....little late here... did you give in?
Melody

Quit Date:
August 19, 2004

PostPosted: May 30, 2007 9:40 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

moose200x wrote:
.....little late here... did you give in?

Even if she did moose it's not all about her right now. This is your Quit and Quit means Quit.As my mother always said I don't care what so and so did lets just worry about what you do. It works stay focused.

I'm a NON-SMOKER thanks to everyone here
moose200x

Quit Date:
May 11, 2009

PostPosted: June 1, 2007 5:02 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL

Quit attempt #2!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: