quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

GRRR

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deb

Quit Date:
February 5, 2010

PostPosted: February 23, 2007 8:03 PM    Post subject: GRRR Reply with quote

The last couple of days for some reason have been really tough. I know, this is normal and I'm not even considering smoking but, this is really a royal pain in the you know what.

It's almost as if, the novelty of the quit wore off and now what. I know this sounds dumb, does anybody else feel like this? It's as if I'm waiting for something to happen and have this odd sense or feeling. Maybe, because in the past I've always relapsed or chose to smoke (I don't beleive in relapsing, that is for sick people) and this time around I know I cannot and will not give in to the crappy Scowling Demon

Ok, thanks for letting me vent a little, feel better already. Very Happy

Deb

BTW, I cannot get a new avatar, I've even tried using one from this site and it will not work. Oh well..................
essie662

Quit Date:
April 14, 2004

PostPosted: February 23, 2007 8:45 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vent all you need, we're here for ya!

Essie
4/14/04
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: February 23, 2007 9:33 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deb - I know you are holding on tight to your quit and fighting off old Laughing Demon

Maybe this would be a good time to start a list of all of the benefits you are experiencing in your quit....and time to plan your next "reward"....
Keep choosing freedom!

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!

Last edited by Mary Dude on February 24, 2007 6:32 AM; edited 1 time in total
swaneem

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: February 24, 2007 12:13 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deb,

The "novelty" of the quit is actually just beginning.

You're going to constantly notice things you had forgotten....you'll actually smell aromas that were there all along and experience a myriad of new tastes since your head is clearer now.

It's like the old has become something brand new. Very Happy

You can BREATHE...your body is constantly healing from all the damage of the toxins.

You can sit down and enjoy a meal instead of fidgeting over when you can have a smoke.

You can enjoy time with friends and family without plotting over where you can slink off to get a "fix"

You can wake to a new day with so many new possibilities since you're no longer poisoning yourself first thing in the morning.

You can be VERY proud of yourself....it's no easy task....but you've just proven that YOU'RE WORTH IT!

Donna

Just when the caterpillar thought his world was
coming to an end..........God made him a
BUTTERFLY.
Deb

Quit Date:
February 5, 2010

PostPosted: February 24, 2007 9:14 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Essie, Mary and Donna!! Very Happy

Donna - I never thought of it like that, your right, the novelty has just begun. I guess I'm just going through the I hate my life stage of the quit. Crying or Very sad

I am going to focus on the positive and yes, even make a list if it will help.

Thank's for all the support, it's so appreciated.

Deb
Lady

Quit Date:
July 1, 2005

PostPosted: February 26, 2007 10:17 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deb,

Don't forget to reward yourself for a job well done! That is an important factor of the quit that it took me a long time to understand. You are doing a great job!

Most people think you are over it by now but you really are just beginning. Congratulations on a job well done.

Lady

I cannot change the past, but the future is waiting for me.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: