quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What I believe

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > inspirations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lady

Quit Date:
July 1, 2005

PostPosted: March 22, 2007 8:11 PM    Post subject: What I believe Reply with quote

I think that somewhere among all this confusion and deep thought process I'm going through I am finding my own worth. I was in tears off and on for a few days. I have played out all kinds of senarios in my mind. I am not one to play games. I have been taking time to think and time to process.

I don't like the feelings and the thoughts that are running through my mind. I feel as if my emotions are spinning out of control and I can't stop. Well, guess what? That is BS. I am in control. I can choose to let those emotions control me and mess up my life just as I have always done in the past; OR I can choose to live in a new world. One where there is love and caring. A world where I matter and I am special just the way I am. A world where there are people that truly love me.

I can choose to believe that the last year and a half of my life has all been a lie or I can choose to believe that it has been one of the best time periods of my life. I can choose to be excited about the new future or I can dwell on the doubt that comes to mind. I can function and continue to move forward or I can shut down and close myself back off from everyone I know and love That is some pretty serious introspect.

I will let you know that I'm battling those choices, every single one of them right now. It is my choice and I realize that. I can take the path of least resistance or I can stand up and fight the negativity. I am fighting a battle within here and I wanted to share that with you. I want you to know exactly where I am today. Can anyone help me? I really don't know. Please pray for me as well. I feel so far from God right now. It is I that has moved away not Him but I am asking you to please pray that He wrap His arms around me and guide me to where He wants me to go.

I sent this and some more information in an email to a very good friend the other day. I thought I would share this portion of it. When I quit smoking, many people told me that I had made a choice to quit smoking and it was a good choice. I am now trying to apply those tools I learned in quitting to fighting the depression. It isn't easy by I'm fighting the battle and I refuse to give up. Just like I refuse to give up my quit.

Lady

I cannot change the past, but the future is waiting for me.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: March 22, 2007 10:10 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

a wise person once told me, "don't look back: you're not going that way." really "getting" that was a big turning point for me. sounds like you're getting there, too. good for you! Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Doggygirl

Quit Date:
February 26, 2007

PostPosted: March 23, 2007 11:43 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lady. I have been moved by your posts. I am so new here, and don't know you. I sense that you are struggling with way more within yourself than just your decision to quit smoking. You mention "choice" strongly in your above post. I urge you to really grab that mentally. We have WAY more choice in our lives (IMO of course) than we often want to admit.

I used to let my random moods and mindsets dictate my days. i.e. if I felt *pissy* about something as non-essential as needing to plunge the toilet today, I might just "wake up on the wrong side of the bed" tomorrow. That's a really basic and sort of non-essential example, but it's the kind of example that for me, taught me to CHOOSE for MYSELF which side of the bed I get up on. I can CHOOSE to start the day with a smile on my face, or a frown on my face. I can CHOOSE to let the things that deeply worry me lead me into a slump of depression for the day, or I can choose to takcle my problems with an attitude of looking for solutions to my problems.

Believe me, after 49 years of experience, I KNOW how to host a glorious pity party for myself during a rough period. (which might be as short as a day!) What I've learned is that my self hosted pity parties might feel good in the moment (like smoking a cigarette feels good for a short time). But crying a case of Maybeline mascara down my bathroom sink (and dealing with swolen cried out eyes for hours) isn't the answer. Serious thought, and better choices are the answer - at least to my problems anyway.

This probably sounds preachy or something - and I don't mean that. I hope you can find the strength that I KNOW is within you to be YOURSELF - the GOOD PERSON that you are - and blow off whatever negative craptacular stuff is around you that is just dragging you down.

Well, enough of my ramble. I wish you well, and mostly, I hope you realize how POWERFUL your freedom of choice really is in your own life.

(((Lady!!)))

DG Day 25 Sporting her Quitnet Big Girl Pants!

Happiness is an attitude. We either make ourselves miserable, or happy and strong. The amount of work is the same. ~Francesca Reigler
Lady

Quit Date:
July 1, 2005

PostPosted: March 23, 2007 11:55 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doggygirl,

You reply really meant so much to me. That is exactly how I feel. I am trying to learn to take back control. Our attitudes are our choices. I have got to get a better handle on this becaue it is really getting out of hand. I liked your response and it really did help me think of things in a new way.

Congratulations on your 25 days! That is awesome!

I cannot change the past, but the future is waiting for me.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > inspirations All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: