quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Day 5 and feeling really tired

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackieb07306

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: March 2, 2007 7:07 PM    Post subject: Day 5 and feeling really tired Reply with quote

Is it normal to have anxiety attacks, shortness of breath, rapid heart beat and the feeling of total exhaustion in the first 5 days of not smoking? I find myself pasing the floor part of the day and forgetful. I can not stay focused on anything! How long does this last? I am not ever going to smoke again, if it makes you come down this bad. Does anyone have any advice for me? Rolling Eyes
Rolling Eyes
I feel like i an going crazy! Confused
alleghany

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: March 2, 2007 7:24 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

All those things are normal ~ everyone's quit is different. I was in full ditz mode for a while, but didn't have anxiety attacks. I did however wake up gasping for air because my lungs had "forgotten" how to breath.

Someone who has a better memory than I will probably post the links to all the threads and articles on what happens to our brain cells.

Search the article at whyquit, I think they have one on this subject.

You can make it and are doing great!!!!!!!!!!

Face your fears.
Quit date: June 6, 2004
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: March 2, 2007 9:23 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a post that may re-assure you - it explains why the memory issue is pretty normal!

http://quit-smoking-support.woofmang.com/viewtopic.php?t=4008

It is challenging - but remember...it will pass!!!! Just don't smoke! Keep taking it one minute at at time...

There are some other posts at the "life beyond the smoke-screen" forum that have "stickies" that keep them at the top of the list - you might want to check them out - they deal with early quit issues....

Keep it going! You are doing GREAT!!!!

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
Simone

Quit Date:
April 28, 2005

PostPosted: April 3, 2007 11:40 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had them all don't worry they pass fairly quickly .
Hang in there Smile
1littleBit

Quit Date:
February 14, 2007

PostPosted: April 9, 2007 5:30 PM    Post subject: Feeling tired Reply with quote

Seems like I'm tired all the time. I wake up several times a night but overall get enough hours. I have read about all the neurotransmitters that are messed up from smoking and that it takes awhile for them to right themselves. How long is that supposed to take? I have been quit for over 7 weeks. I,ve been to the doctor and he says I'm looking fine. Suggestions, anyone. Exercise ability is limited due to parkinsons.
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: April 9, 2007 6:19 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember having difficulty sleeping in the beginning to. Now, though, I sleep through the night and awake totally refreshed -- feeling far better than I did as a smoker.

Most of these things straighten themselves out with time. Very Happy

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: