quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Thanks for no warning on the external links

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AllieCat

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 3, 2007 4:05 PM    Post subject: Thanks for no warning on the external links Reply with quote

I typed out my whole post and when I went to post it I got the message about the external links Crying or Very sad So it didn't post Crying or Very sad Guess I'll start over Crying or Very sad
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 3, 2007 8:45 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually, the restriction on posting urls is spelled out in the terms of service that you agreed to when you joined the site, allie - i guess you don't read those things any more carefully than i do... Wink

btw: if you had just clicked your browser's back button when you got that warning, it would've taken you back to the post box, where you could've removed the link(s) and then made the post.

i just added words to that effect to the warning; thanks for letting me know about this. Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
AllieCat

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 5, 2007 8:49 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea I figrued that out after a few blips.. sorry to be such a brat. When can I have my avatar back? How bout some mods? Let's get this place rockin! Just kidding hun, thanks a ton for the site!
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 6, 2007 7:23 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

not a problem, allie. Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: April 17, 2007 1:33 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

So we cannot link to other sites anymore? I missed that. Is there a reason?

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 17, 2007 10:49 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barbara K. wrote:
So we cannot link to other sites anymore? I missed that. Is there a reason?

you can still link to sites, barbara; the restriction is only on new members, and it's only for their first 10 days and 10 posts.

there are two posts that talk about the reasons; the first one was when i restricted new members from posting urls in certain fields in their profile and can be found in the "message board tips" forum ("why can't i add my location, interests, etc. to my profile?"), and the second one was when i took that measure a step further by restricting new users from posting urls of any kind anywhere on the system, and can be found in the "news" forum ("change to terms of use").

these measures are intended to restrict message board spammers and spambots from polluting our community with their junk posts.

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: April 17, 2007 6:59 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Thanks kevin,

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > suggestions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: