quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Inspired by my Savior. Inspired by my Faith.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > inspirations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Free

Quit Date:
May 12, 2006

PostPosted: August 15, 2006 12:54 PM    Post subject: Inspired by my Savior. Inspired by my Faith. Reply with quote

Don't spend major time with minor people. If there are people in your life that continually disappoint you, break promises, stomp on your dreams, are too judgmental, have different values and don't have your back during difficult times...that is not a friend.

To have a friend, be a friend. Sometimes in life as you grow, your friends will either grow or go. Surround yourself with people who reflect values, goals interests and lifestyle.

When I think of any of my successes, I am thankful to God from whom all blessings flow, and to my family and friends that enrich my life.

Over the years my phone book has changed because I changed for the better. At first you think you're going to be alone, but after a while new people show up in your life that make your life so much sweeter and easier to endure.

Remember what your elders used to say, "Birds of a feather flock together. If you're an eagle, don't hang around chickens: Chickens Can't Fly!

I love the Lord and thank Him for all that he does in my life. He is my source of existence and Savior. He keeps me functioning each and everyday. Without Him, I will be nothing.

Without Him, I am nothing but with Him I can do all things. Phil 4:13

Be Positive - Be Progressive - Take the time to make a positive difference in someone's life.

Walk by faith, Not by sight.

Receive God's blessings.

Become addicted to constant and never ending self improvement.

The difference between a mountain and a molehill is your perspective.

Realize that true happiness lies within you.
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: August 15, 2006 7:37 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Hi Free,

Thank you so much for this inspirational post. It sure did perk my day up.

Blessings,

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Lady

Quit Date:
July 1, 2005

PostPosted: August 28, 2006 10:46 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

How true. I seem to be finding myself in the process of changing my friends and my life (again).

I really like your first paragraph talking about how those are not friends. All my life I have allowed others to walk all over me. With the confidence I have gained from not smoking, I am leaning to walk away from these people. I am no longer the victum of my circumstances. I am now the maker of my own dreams.

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. (my favorite verse).

You are right Free... God is good and everything He gives us are His blessings to us.

Thanks for sharing this thread.

I cannot change the past, but the future is waiting for me.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: August 29, 2006 6:39 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

....amen!

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: May 5, 2007 11:24 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

This rings even truer to me now that I've read it this day.

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > inspirations All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: