quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

I'm not the Same but than I am
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > life beyond the smokescreen
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: November 19, 2006 5:33 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Hi Pamela,

The neigbor who has the wrestling matches are late teenagers to early 20's kids. Well, they are really adults but to me they are kids. I guess I just feel so ancient. Embarassed It's pretty bad when the doctors even look like kids. Laughing

I was unable to take pictures because I could not get close enough. I need to study my camera some more and figure out how to zoom in. There was a guy there taking a movie of the wrestling match.

You are right, sometimes it just is good to observe and not participate.

Today I went to drive by a construction site where they are building a new mini storage. I wanted to know the name of the mini storage so I can apply for a part time job there.

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: May 8, 2007 3:15 AM    Post subject: Time Does A Soul Good Reply with quote

Very Happy Hi all,

I cannot sleep tonight due to acid reflux so I started looking at old posts and came accross this one. I needed to read this post here now because I have been been struggling these past few nights.

What it boils down to, I have been quit for 2 years and 4 months and am still in the minority as far as being an ex-smoker. People will not come to see me because they cannot smoke in my house.

Today I went to the neighborhood bar for the 1st time since my separation where my husband also goes to. I was wondering what kind of reception I would get in their since my soon to be ex is a regular in there. The bartender greeted me by name and seemed happy to see me, she left her husband recently. This was a home away from home for me at one time many years ago before I got with my husband. It just happens to be the place for 2 major nearby factories workers to come to to unwind after work. It's where drunks, businessmen, or just people coming in to unwind go to in the afternoon. I have met some pretty decent people in there in the past.

Sunday I went to church and everyone was so happy to see me that most of them hugged me. One of the members remembers seeing me at the nursing home where her mother is in because I've made myself a regular there visiting a resident I've seem to adopt there that I met last Christmas.

I've planted a real tiny garden in my new yard but I'm still proud of it because with my bad back it was still a lot of hard work but well worth it. One of my neighbors has been real helpful to me and I've tried to help him now that's he's down. He is having chemo for awhile.

A childhood girlfriend of mine that I hadn't seen in about 34 years come up from TN and took me out to eat one night and to a party another night. I was singing with the microphone and dancing and I can't do either but I didn't care and everyone loved me anyway.

I guess what re reading this post has made me realize is that it's variety that adds spice to life. When I look back on how limited my social life was back then to now, I should get down and my knees and thank Jesus right now. I shouldn't be wondering when are things going to get better because they already have.

I've been having weak moments with my quit due to some stress recently but I lost sight of all the good things in the process. Being with all these people who smoke has played havoc with my mind when life got stressful again and I didn't feel so secure in my quit. Well, I'm not going to smoke. I'm hoping too that one day my State will ban all public smoking but with the Big Tobacco company here that may be some time to come.

I didn't mean to ramble.

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 8, 2007 9:04 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

there are at least two great points here, barbara; the first is that when stress comes to call, an addict starts to feel the urge (even if they've been quit for some time), and it's hard to feel down in the dumps when you're concentrating on all the things you have to be thankful for. thanks for sharing these insights. Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit

Last edited by kevin on May 8, 2007 3:11 PM; edited 1 time in total
Melody

Quit Date:
August 19, 2004

PostPosted: May 8, 2007 10:14 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

BOW WOW KEVIN what happened Laughing Laughing Laughing
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 8, 2007 3:13 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Melody wrote:
BOW WOW KEVIN what happened Laughing Laughing Laughing

i decided my buddy django was more appealing than i am; i was only hoping nobody would notice the switch... Wink

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
texas2step

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 8, 2007 4:41 PM    Post subject: wouldn't have..... Reply with quote

Wow Kevin nobody would have noticed if you'd put some sunglasses on Django -Wink I mean you guys couldda' been twins right?

Texas

"You can't always have happiness, but you can always give happiness."
Anonymous

Quit: 8/14/06
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: May 9, 2007 5:31 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Thanks Kevin.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
alleghany

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 9, 2007 8:06 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

AWESOME post Barbara!!!!

You sound so happy and you deserve it! Cool

Face your fears.
Quit date: June 6, 2004
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: May 12, 2007 11:26 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Thanks Allegheny,

I am very happy. My neighbor who has cancer and I are becoming the best of freinds lately. It seems through him I am learning to feel again. I was never allowed to feel with my husband.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > life beyond the smokescreen All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: