quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nichole

Quit Date:
April 14, 2007

PostPosted: June 13, 2007 5:36 PM    Post subject: question Reply with quote

When I come onto the site I have the little orange bells next to the forums to show which forums have new posts. Sometimes, after going into a forum (and usually after replying to a post), I'll go back onto the main page and all the bells are white, as if there are no new posts... even though they had just been orange. Am I doing something wrong? Is it just a fluke? Do you even understand what I'm trying to say??? LOL!!

~nichole
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 13, 2007 9:43 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think i understand what you're saying, nichole, and no, you're not doing anything wrong... Smile

the orange icons indicate forums with new posts since the last time you logged in, but once you're logged in they only show forums with new posts since the last time you visited that forum.

so, for instance, if there were two new posts made to the lunaversaries forum since the last time you logged in, you'll see the orange icon next to the lunaversaries forum on the front page. if you then go in and post responses to those posts, when you come back to the front page, the orange icon will be gone (unless someone happened to be making a post in that forum between the time you clicked the submit button and the time you got back to the front page).

hope that answered your question... Wink

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
nichole

Quit Date:
April 14, 2007

PostPosted: June 13, 2007 10:44 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I understand that. What happened was that I went into the "Getting Quit" forum. Almost all of the forums were orange at that point. After reading and posting at "Getting Quit" I went back to the main page and all the other forums that I had not gone into yet were white. It's no big deal... I can still read the posts at the top of the forums. Those are the threads with new posts anyway, right?

Thanks, Kevin!

~nichole
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 13, 2007 11:25 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh - i guess i misunderstood - that doesn't seem right, and i'm not sure what might cause it - but you're right; threads with new posts rise to the top of the forum...

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > suggestions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: