quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

a question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > taking action
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pinkpearl

Quit Date:
June 30, 2007

PostPosted: July 8, 2007 7:37 PM    Post subject: a question Reply with quote

Hi Everyone-
I wasn't sure where to put this post!!!!
Just being nosey wondering.......
Some of you dont have a quit date posted.
I was wondering if some of you slipped like
I did last saturday, or just because you didn't
fill in the blank. ( I had a few puffs off
my sis in laws smoke while drinking)
I was not sure if I should change my date, or
take it off or leave it??? Confused
For those of you that have slipped (that feel like answering)
did you change your quit date?
should I?
thanks!!!
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: July 8, 2007 8:08 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I reset mine...but when I've relapsed it's the whole nine yards. Not just a few puffs. It starts as one and then becomes almost 2 packs. So, I literally can't take a puff, cause I know all too well where it leads....right back into full force addiction.

As far as those without quit dates. Several here...the veterans...do not want to celebrate monthly any longer. So, they leave the quit date blank and list it the signature line. The quit date area is programmed with the lunanniversary section at the top of the boards. I'm not aware of anyone here with a blank quit date because they slipped or relapsed and are now quit. It's usually because of the celebrating reason. Also a blank date will indicate that one has not quit yet and is still in the process of deciding when to quit...this is found with members new to the site, or others who have relapsed and still smoking and not committed back to a quit yet.

The rule is generally to reset. Others will post with their viewpoint.
Hope this helps some.

Hugs

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
alleghany

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: July 9, 2007 9:10 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not post my quit date, except in my signature, to not "celebrate" lungaveries on a monthly basis. (I think it was Melody who suggested this.)

I once saw the issue of "actual quit date" get into a nasty thread on ffs....so, please know this is my opinion! Wink

I would reset. I personally consider the first day you did not smoke as your quit date. I had my last cigarette at 11:29 pm on 6/5/04. So, my quit date is 6/6/04.

Congrats on your freedom! Cool

Face your fears.
Quit date: June 6, 2004
pinkpearl

Quit Date:
June 30, 2007

PostPosted: July 9, 2007 10:12 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

alleghany wrote:
I do not post my quit date, except in my signature, to not "celebrate" lungaveries on a monthly basis. (I think it was Melody who suggested this.)

I once saw the issue of "actual quit date" get into a nasty thread on ffs....so, please know this is my opinion! Wink

I would reset. I personally consider the first day you did not smoke as your quit date. I had my last cigarette at 11:29 pm on 6/5/04. So, my quit date is 6/6/04.

Congrats on your freedom! Cool

I dont want anything to "get nasty" here.
I hope it doesn't, that wasnt my intention.
Thanks for replying!!

My avatars name is moon ray
pinkpearl

Quit Date:
June 30, 2007

PostPosted: July 9, 2007 10:14 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, 25 views and only 2 replys........
Im thinking I should of kept this
question to myself and not asked it!!
sorry everyone....
I changed my date Smile

texas2step

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: July 9, 2007 10:22 AM    Post subject: I concur Reply with quote

Look Pink, if you feel comfortable leaving your quit meter as it is, do so. But in truth smoking is smoking, even if it's only one puff. Any smoking at all is not quitting - it's smoking.

If you say to yourself it was "okay to have a few puffs" that probably won't help you stay quit, and it may give you a way out when you "think" you just "have to" smoke. The old "well it was only a few puffs" thing is just a way to let ourselves off the hook.

Your quit meter date isn't as important as not smoking. Nothing is as important as not smoking. Nothing will make you happier and make you feel better than not smoking. But you must make up your mind to do it and stick to it and not smoke at all. At why quit I learned one thing that has helped me a lot - we're all only one puff away from being completely back as we were. Any single puff can take you back to a pack or two a day.....

Never take another puff (that's quitting)

Texas

"You can't always have happiness, but you can always give happiness."
Anonymous

Quit: 8/14/06
pinkpearl

Quit Date:
June 30, 2007

PostPosted: July 9, 2007 1:32 PM    Post subject: Re: I concur Reply with quote

texas2step wrote:
Look Pink, if you feel comfortable leaving your quit meter as it is, do so. But in truth smoking is smoking, even if it's only one puff. Any smoking at all is not quitting - it's smoking.

If you say to yourself it was "okay to have a few puffs" that probably won't help you stay quit, and it may give you a way out when you "think" you just "have to" smoke. The old "well it was only a few puffs" thing is just a way to let ourselves off the hook.

Your quit meter date isn't as important as not smoking. Nothing is as important as not smoking. Nothing will make you happier and make you feel better than not smoking. But you must make up your mind to do it and stick to it and not smoke at all. At why quit I learned one thing that has helped me a lot - we're all only one puff away from being completely back as we were. Any single puff can take you back to a pack or two a day.....

Never take another puff (that's quitting)

Texas

look up, look up!! I had already changed it!!
thanks for responding Very Happy

Patty129

Quit Date:
February 18, 2007

PostPosted: July 9, 2007 8:55 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of times on this board I've seen folks respond with something I think is so true and so important......THIS IS YOUR QUIT......do it anyway you want as long as you don't smoke......I'm glad you are smoke free, pink, and I'm glad you've stuck around.
Patty
swaneem

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: July 9, 2007 10:04 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't ever worry about what anyone else is thinking.....you need to be honest with yourself....afterall..it's your life that your saving.

Just keep going. Very Happy

Donna

Just when the caterpillar thought his world was
coming to an end..........God made him a
BUTTERFLY.
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: July 9, 2007 11:01 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't worry about all those page views: remember that every time you look at it, that's another page view, too. besides, a lot of times, people look at a thread and just don't feel they have anything to add at that moment. i do it all the time.

and there are no "illegal" questions here, pink; ask whatever you want. Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
lbuz

Quit Date:
May 29, 2007

PostPosted: July 11, 2007 8:08 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi pink

This is always a topic for debate, but your quit is your quit and whatever gets you through as long as your honest with yourself. I had relapsed a few times and left my date blank until I was a little into my quit quite frankly cause I was embarassed Embarassed and disappointed in myself and although I don't know anyone in here in the 3D world I felt like I was letting people down. However I am on day 43 and going strong!!!

Lisa
jahunta

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: July 11, 2007 11:34 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Pink,

I don't know why this is such an issue with some, but I actually took mine off following my buddy Pam. She did it for reasons similar to alleghany I believe, and I kind of just went with it. I post my date in my signature, and I'm ok with that. That hasn't changed. It just means that your name won't appear on the list at the top. It's no biggie. I know where I"m at, and as long as you know where you're at, it's all good.

Quitting is Living!!!
QD: 2/15/04
Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: July 11, 2007 3:39 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Nita! How's it going, buddy?

Pink, my buddy just answered for me. You'll find that in the beginning, going for 5 MINUTES can feel like a lifetime, and you need to celebrate every milestone you can.

Having a "lunaversary" is wonderful. Personally, I tried to bake a cake for everyone celebrating being free from Scowling Demon , and I was either spending all my time baking, or eating cake! You see, when you see a buddy or fellow quitter's name in "lights", many, like me, feel it deserves at least a slap on the back, or a cake! Truth be known, there got to be so many of us here celebrating, it took up our whole day writing to each other.

After my 3rd year anniversary, I was confident enough that I didn't need a cake every month, and chose to take my quit date off so that it wouldn't automatically trigger my name in lights. That doesn't mean that I'm not proud that I quit at noon on February 17, 2004!

You keep your name in lights, and get all the "atta girls" that you deserve.

FIVE + years of freedom and loving it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > taking action All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: